Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On this form, he's pushing for an England place, surely?

If Gallagher is in there, why can't Harvey?

I know he isn't comparable to Gallagher, but he offers a different option to what England have in those positions. 

And I'm not saying he should be in the World Cup squad, but keep performing like this and he'll force himself in to some friendly squads to be looked at. 

• Like 1

Just because Barnes does well, it doesn't mean he is more worthy of a place than players from the entitled 6.

On form, Barnes would go.  Toney would go.   

Maguire wouldn't.   Grealish wouldn't.  Phillips will not get up to speed..

KDH wouldn't.   But is Gallacher's form better?

With Barnes' pace, he would be a great option.  I suspect Rashford will be used in situations where Barnes would be better.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

Personally, I'd rather Harvey over rashford. 

I like rashford, he's not a bad player, but I'd still rather have Harvey up my sleeve if I'm injecting some pace into the team

I'd agree.

That's kind of our Leicester favouritism talking and the big club biased working against him though.

You could also argue a few other wingers deserve the chance too, Bowen for one.

Yes, he's not on form at the minute, so don't have a go at me!

Wingers are the players who most often blow hot and cold.

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'd agree.

That's kind of our Leicester favouritism talking and the big club biased working against him though.

You could also argue a few other wingers deserve the chance too, Bowen for one.

Yes, he's not on form at the minute, so don't have a go at me!

Wingers are the players who most often blow hot and cold.

Yeah I get that. 

And Bowen last year would have gone over Harvey for me. 

Rashford isn't even a winger for me and his form has been poor for a while minus the odd game. 

Sterling's been dog shit all year. 

Harvey off the bench is an option Southgate should really have up his sleeve. 

• Like 2

Think Rashford got in as he can cover wing and 3rd choice striker, rather than taking an out an out 3rd striker like Toney or Abraham. 

As for Barnes suspect he would also be behind Bowen in the pecking order, but based on this seasons form certainly shouldn’t be.

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

Yeah I get that. 

And Bowen last year would have gone over Harvey for me. 

Rashford isn't even a winger for me and his form has been poor for a while minus the odd game. 

Sterling's been dog shit all year. 

Harvey off the bench is an option Southgate should really have up his sleeve. 

On form, right now, totally.

But see "England haters" thread and Southgate picking his favourites.

Tough position to crack too. 

Foden and Saka would both be likely to start in the "wide" positions, I reckon.

And I can see why he's taking Grealish.

If the World Cup was in the summer and Barnes kept up this form, I think he'd have forced his way in, like Madders has.

2 hours ago, Osavo said:

Obviously Perez's work in the build up was exceptional, but Barnes deserves a lot of credit for that goal also. Look at where he actually runs from, the burst of pace and the desire to get in behind was brilliant. Tidy low finish too. Also noticed today he seemed more willing to run at the full back, rather than consistently cutting back and laying back into LB or CM. That's when he's at his best.

Great to see him with his confidence back and hope he can keep it up, because when he's on form he's a huge asset to us, as he would be any team.

He's often done well with Luke Thomas IMO

13 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I genuinely think Gallagher is massively over hyped. 

He's a good player but as Tom says if he is in the squad you can't question Maddison being there.

Although it's not as offensive as the talk of Cantwell being better than Madders because he played well for a month three years ago.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Should have been at the World Cup, just looked at the lesser player Richarlison, and this is confirmed. Better than Sterling and that idiot 

I’m not sure Richarlison is a lesser player.

Barnes will be behind Foden, Grealish, Maddison, Saka, Rashford etc, it’s just the way Southgate runs his ship. He’s not as technically gifted as the likes of Grealish and Foden. He was never getting in. 

I’m surprised Maddison has been called up, given he’s not available until the Wales game. 

• Haha 1