Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

28 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m not sure Richarlison is a lesser player.

Barnes will be behind Foden, Grealish, Maddison, Saka, Rashford etc, it’s just the way Southgate runs his ship. He’s not as technically gifted as the likes of Grealish and Foden. He was never getting in. 

I’m surprised Maddison has been called up, given he’s not available until the Wales game. 

Barnes is better than Richarlson, I have watched enough PL to know it. Come he is. One is an arsehole the other gets on with the job and does it better. I would never swap Barnes man for that 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

Richarlison averages 1 goal every 4 Premier League games. 

Barnes averages 1 goal every 5 Premier League games. 

Barnes has never hit double figures in Premier League goals (yet). Whereas Richarlison has on three occasions. 

Different types of player but not a lot in it. Richarlison is a tool though on the pitch. He’s got that edge to him that makes opposition fans hate him and his own fans love him. I could see him being more of a 9 than a wide man. He’ll never be that for Spurs though. 

• Like 3

Or look at it this way.

Barnes - 125 PL games, 52 goals / assist. So averages 0.416 per game. 

Richarlison - 183 PL games, 69 goals / assists So averages 0.377 per game. 

Not a lot in it. 

However, strip out the numbers where Richarlison is playing one the right wing / right midfield and his numbers improve. 

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They play in different positions and offer different things to a team because of that. Not sure why they're being compared lol

Well because I compared them, richarlison is totally pants… what you thinking then? he is more Central or maddison role lol anyway let’s see his PL stats when it isn’t against rubbish like Serbia 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well because I compared them, richarlison is totally pants… what you thinking then? he is more Central or maddison role lol anyway let’s see his PL stats when it isn’t against rubbish like Serbia 

For Brazil he's a striker. And gets the goals. 

Barnes is a winger at most. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Barnes has improved so much on his finishing, and is more than capable of being in that position. Winger at most lol talk him down at your peril 

He's not a striker. His finishing is very good and I don't question that. 

9 hours ago, Sly said:

Or look at it this way.

Barnes - 125 PL games, 52 goals / assist. So averages 0.416 per game. 

Richarlison - 183 PL games, 69 goals / assists So averages 0.377 per game. 

Not a lot in it. 

However, strip out the numbers where Richarlison is playing one the right wing / right midfield and his numbers improve. 

But Richarlison also plays as a striker half the time. So if there's any metric where Barnes comes out better on goals/assists that's not reflecting well on Richarlison.

Anyway, very different players so not sure why they're being compared.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

But Richarlison also plays as a striker half the time. So if there's any metric where Barnes comes out better on goals/assists that's not reflecting well on Richarlison.

Anyway, very different players so not sure why they're being compared.

Fully agree. I was just responding to the comparison. 

I’ve always said, Barnes is more like a modern day Robben. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/08/2022 at 10:29, Sampson said:

Great goal yesterday. Felt like he looked our most likely to score all game though. Think it's only the fact we have Barnes and Maddison who can score from half-chances which keeps me going rn.

Also moved ahead of Matt Elliott on our all-time top PL goalscorers list:

Premier League Player Stats - Goals

1. Jamie Vardy 133

2. Riyad Mahrez 39

3. James Maddison 35

=4. Emile Heskey 33

=4. Muzzy Izzet 33

6. Tony Cottee 27

7. Kelechi Iheanacho 25

8. Harvey Barnes 23

9. Matt Elliott 22

=10. Leonardo Ulloa 18

=10. Youri Tielemans 18

=10. Ian Marshall 18

What a stat for Matt Elliott though!

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 16:58, Samilktray said:

Only on foxestalk could somebody say that a starter for Brazil at the World Cup is “totally pants” 

Just a mad statement and even worse for using the term “totally pants” 

Totally pants overhead screamer after juggling the ball!

On 09/11/2022 at 07:16, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Harvey's either 6th gear or a flat tire. Not a lot in between. You normally know after 10 mins, which your getting. For me his shortcomings are quite obvious. So if you can coach those out of him i.e. have a look up fella. There is a huge potential to improve. However I'm surprised the flat tire Barnes still repeats the same obvious errors. So either he's not listening to the coach or they're not saying the right things.

...the coaches probably do not see it!!!

They are not a good bunch, Knudsen will be a godsend to us.

Take Barnes on in a foot race and if you match him  he is lost what to do. Show him down the line,  he may win a corner, but how proficient are we in those situations. 

When he plays along side Nacho, they play a one two, which gets Barnes in, you get the impression he would rather play alongside Nacho because he is not hindered by a pacy Fullback and someone who does not allow him to come inside.

Barnes is pretty much a wide forward,  I would like to see him play centrally.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Torten said:

Saw him in Highcross today, getting some new boots from JJB

Funnily enough, in the early 2000's, I worked in JJB at Fosse Park.

Robbie Savage and Darren Eadie both came in to buy boots.

Eadie's feet were that small, he actually bought a children's pair lol