Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Hugely frustrating today but he was doubled and even trebled up on for most of the game.

We don’t play to his strengths, we don’t really play to anybody’s strengths.

Also some of you don’t half go overboard, 6 goals in 15 games for him - totally useless.

No help but having no threat on the RW which allows them to double up.

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Mate he’s so stupid and makes terrible decisions. He’s an absolute Foxestalk myth like Kramaric 

Yeah Kramaric the myth World Cup runner up and 3rd place. 

80 plus caps for his country.

if we didn’t have Vardy he could’ve carved a career out here

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Yeah Kramaric the myth World Cup runner up and 3rd place. 

80 plus caps for his country.

if we didn’t have Vardy he could’ve carved a career out here

Thanks for proving my point 

6 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

The disrespect to Kelechi is unbelievable.

Kelechi could average a contribution of a goal a game for 10/15 games & be then dropped for 6 months at the drop of a hat. 

Barnes is ineffective week in, week out & is seemingly the first name on the team sheet.

give kelechi the game time that Barnes has had and you’d see a stark difference in this team’s position in the league.

Really? 

Barnes is ineffective week in, week out? His goals were a massive part of our winning run.

Kelechi went out there this evening and was as bad in his decision making. 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Mate he’s so stupid and makes terrible decisions. He’s an absolute Foxestalk myth like Kramaric 

Somehow he gets enough goals to convince people he’s a good player. He has no football intelligence and extremely limited at attacking players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I have sympathy in that he's often our only threat so he's under pressure to be good and make things happen. But he has so little variety to his game. He needs other players to be playing well and linking up with him. So many times he runs into his defender or he messes up a good position by being easily tackled. 

I don't think it's too much to ask to want players that can play football in the team.

Best thing for the club is either a month or 2 in the reserves or just sell him unless he learns how to 

1. Pass

2.Cross

3. Beat a man

4. Leaves his own ego at the door as its a team game not just a Barnes game

Edited by Fox85
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Somehow he gets enough goals to convince people he’s a good player. He has no football intelligence and extremely limited at attacking players. 

Thank you. Pure groan from me every time he comes on. Quickest way to slow a game down. Bloke is useless 

Barnes flatters to deceives.

Looks good running with the ball but the ultimate problem with Barnes is his lack of footballing brain.  Makes wrong decision time and time again and has no tricks to beat a man.

He will do well now and again and get the odd goal but then have a number of games where he's absolutely sub standard. It's the reason he's playing for a mid table/lower premier league side such as ourselves and not anyone better.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg

Annoyed by him tonight, I know it's not that simple but I do feel like he doesn't have the desire at times but it's probably not that and it's limitations to his ability to beat players but it is frustrating. No denying he's a creator and goalscorer but the one area he's regressed or at best not improved since breaking through is his ability to take players on, especially 1v1 he's lacklustre.

Need him to step up next week vs Fulham as we badly need a win, fail to do so and I fear where this latest spiral will leave us.

• Like 2

He’s actually pretty raw still for a 25 year old, he need lots of coaching still to add more variety to his game.

He’s a good crosser and two footed so he has the skillset to be a menace, the coaching set up need to drill it into him.

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No. Absolutely not.

If we still had Mahrez on the right, Barnes would get 15 goals a season, because the opposition would be worried about Riyad. It would open the game up for Barnes.

We can't play a 4-3-3 with only one bloody winger.

It's so predictable. 

Fvck the defence, fvck the midfield, this January we HAVE to sign a true right sided attacker.

Pacey and direct.

That automatically makes Harvey a better player as it balances the team out.

If people cant see this there stupid 

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He needs to learn to be more skilful in one on one situations. Once a defender has stood you up and slowed you down you need a bit more variety to get past them rather than trying to knock it past them and run. 

He hasn't got that in his locker. If he has already got half a yard and is ahead of his defender, he has the power and acceleration to maximise that space but in one one one, or tight situations he hasn't got the fleet of foot to make himself a yard. It's why he loves to try those one twos around the penalty area, it's one of his most effective ways to get that yard or 2 of separation.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Annoyed by him tonight, I know it's not that simple but I do feel like he doesn't have the desire at times but it's probably not that and it's limitations to his ability to beat players but it is frustrating. No denying he's a creator and goalscorer but the one area he's regressed or at best not improved since breaking through is his ability to take players on, especially 1v1 he's lacklustre.

Need him to step up next week vs Fulham as we badly need a win, fail to do so and I fear where this latest spiral will leave us.

The offsides were infuriating. His lack of desire to get in the box for Iheanacho's cross even more so.

He can be frustrating but I also feel for him as when Madders isn’t playing, we are so predicatable and one dimensional as he is our only out ball and threat, so teams can double up to snuff him out and then you are hoping for some sort of individual brilliance but when you are up against the better teams we struggle and unfortunately Harvey bears the brunt of the criticism. 

his touch and decision making can be wanting at times but he is still a class act and a real threat, we need to find a way to get more attacking impetus and options onto the pitch to reduce the burden and reliance on him for goals/assists