Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

22 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

He is a good lad, and so am I

It doesn't make me a premiership footballer and more than it does him

Really? From what I've heard he's as arrogant as they come and even his dad has said he's gotten too big for his boots. 

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Really? From what I've heard he's as arrogant as they come and even his dad has said he's gotten too big for his boots. 

Which is why we need young players that can push him for his place. I suspect that’s half the problem with most of the team. We need young 20-22 year olds who can unsettle some of the older players who think they’re guaranteed starters, and a manager who’s prepared to rock the boat.

On 02/01/2023 at 17:49, lcfc sheff said:

I maintain the view he’s way too good for us and would take the piss in a team like Liverpool, same goes for madders. 

This is the funniest thing I’ve read for a while 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Guest said:

Is there any evidence for either of these, out of interest?

I can confirm the wedding having been there. 
distinctly remember the key point where the vicar said “you may now miss the bride”…which he did easily 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm the first to defend him when he gets unfair stick, but my god he was abysmal tonight. 

Looked like his head had completely gone.

...if you want someone to recycle the ball then Ndidi is not your man!!!

We see it every game, we play him in a way that is linked to us going forward. Wout Faes would be a better bet in the position Ndidi has been asked to play. It felt like Faes needed to step in and progress the play and Ndidi drop into the backline to cover the space vacated.

I do not judged Ndidi on what he does anymore, we can see he is out of his depth in what he has been asked to do, he is not cut out for how we deploy him, so there is no point in berating him for the way he plays.

Rodgers has set him a level that he needs to reach, it is unobtainable but Wilf tries every game to develop.  He is never going to develop into the role that has been asked if him, and someone has to break this cycle, for the good of the player and the team.

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

...that sounds contrary to his demeanour on the pitch!!!

Watching Vardy encouraging him to stay high up the pitch to help him in the press, but Barnes body was turned as if he wanted to go back to the halfway line. In two minds what to do in that instance, either listen to Vardy or adhere to Rodger's instructions,  eventually he chose to go with Rodgers instructions. 

He mostly seemed indecisive when looking to break forward and there is not much confidence in his play. 

Anyone that arrogant would be more decisive and be more reluctant to release the ball to other players,  yet he seems to defer to most of our players on the pitch.

59 minutes ago, FLAN said:

This is the funniest thing I’ve read for a while 

...so long as he has support who can slot him in, he can be lethal, I still say he should be a second striker!!!

If we cannot make space to slot him in, then other teams better coached will be able to give him the space and opportunity to excel. 

Pretty much at a club such as Liverpool, he would excel.

Need to see him play on the right, especially when it’s not working out on the left. He’s too predictable. And his super strength is being hampered by being on the  left. Get him on the right, take players on the outside at full throttle speed, and improve his assist ratio. Might not work. But he isn’t getting the stats he should be.

Man is the only thing we have in the squad that resembles a winger.

For a manager who insists on playing 433. 

Yep it's definitely Harvey's fault. Lol 

Nah seriously I accept he's very 1 dimensional but our squad has so many glaring issues.

A crap keeper. 2 cbs, a wilf who's a shadow of himself. No fit fullbacks, no wingers, a 473 year old strikers past his best. Harvey is way down the list of issues. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hejammy said:

Silly comments 

Point I was making is that he shouldn’t be picked and it’s doesn’t make him a good player if he’s a nice lad

Great though that you have his Dad Paul’s ear and he confides in you

(incidentally, always a nice fella when I’ve been in his company, but a £25m contract does change people)

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Nah seriously I accept he's very 1 dimensional but our squad has so many glaring issues.

A crap keeper. 2 cbs, a wilf who's a shadow of himself. No fit fullbacks, no wingers, a 473 year old strikers past his best. Harvey is way down the list of issues. 

Issue is regardless of availability, we set up and are compromised to accommodate Barnes at all costs

Madisson out of position?

Nacho top scorer but unceremoniously dumped after HB injury?

Vardy now an ineffective lone striker!

HB is constantly in the bottom 3 of fans game polls, most see this 

Far too inconsistent and predictable for top flight football. If he can't beat his man on the first attempt, then he doesn't bother trying for the rest of the game. And always ALWAYS trying to shift to his right.. any half decent full-back could read him like an open book.

9 hours ago, hejammy said:

One thing Barnes is not is arrogant.

I have known his Dad for years and it's very very rare he goes on record and comments about Harvey in anyway. 

I would love to see where this quote is from his Dad that you claim? 

8 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Even if he's played out of position he should play better. Perez gets huge criticism yet is always shoved out of position.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

Looks completely different player after the WC break. He should be fresh and raring to go, but looks slow and indecisive.

Plenty of time to go boozing over the festive period. The lad has an eternal hangover.