Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Wtf did Rodgers do with Barnes over the World Cup break

4 goals and 1 assist in the 6 games before the break; he looked dangerous, full of confidence and well up for it

It’s like he just sat him in a room over the break and clockwork orange’d him into watching Demarai Gray highlights from when he was here ffs

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Wtf did Rodgers do with Barnes over the World Cup break

4 goals and 1 assist in the 6 games before the break; he looked dangerous, full of confidence and well up for it

It’s like he just sat him in a room over the break and clockwork orange’d him into watching Demarai Gray highlights from when he was here ffs

Could be applied to the whole team. We had 5 clean sheets after the Bournemouth defeat now look like we're gonna concede easy again.

4 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

His pace and strength are well suited to playing as a central  striker - though probably not a lone striker and his right footedness means he could play on the right - changing his point if attack might give opponents more to think about, It’s just not what Brendan does. 

Very good point! 

Ive been watching Barnes since his Youth football days and i've always felt he is better suited to playing in a more central position....which is where he used to play!.

• Like 1

He's quick and finishes pretty well but I'm not sure his touch or movement are good enough to make him a decent striker at this sort of level. He thrives when he's got plenty of space to gallop into and I can't see him getting that playing as a striker, especially in a team like ours that does so little to stretch opposition defences and move them around.

He's a winger and an effective, productive one at that - when he's in the mood. Unfortunately he's bang out of form at a time when, with Maddison and Daka out, Vardy knackered, Iheanacho locked in Rodgers' dungeon and Perez being Perez, there's extra onus on him to deliver. He'd be alright if we had better players in complementary positions (i.e. left back and right wing) to take some of that pressure off him, or an alternative in his own position to give him a rest/kick up the arse as needed, or the options in midfield or at wing back to change up formations and ease our reliance on him. In the absence of any of those we've basically just got to wait until he either plays his way back into form or Maddison returns and hopefully lifts Barnes and the team as a whole.

42 minutes ago, Guest said:

He's quick and finishes pretty well but I'm not sure his touch or movement are good enough to make him a decent striker at this sort of level. He thrives when he's got plenty of space to gallop into and I can't see him getting that playing as a striker, especially in a team like ours that does so little to stretch opposition defences and move them around.

He's a winger and an effective, productive one at that - when he's in the mood. Unfortunately he's bang out of form at a time when, with Maddison and Daka out, Vardy knackered, Iheanacho locked in Rodgers' dungeon and Perez being Perez, there's extra onus on him to deliver. He'd be alright if we had better players in complementary positions (i.e. left back and right wing) to take some of that pressure off him, or an alternative in his own position to give him a rest/kick up the arse as needed, or the options in midfield or at wing back to change up formations and ease our reliance on him. In the absence of any of those we've basically just got to wait until he either plays his way back into form or Maddison returns and hopefully lifts Barnes and the team as a whole.

He plays at his best when he has support to be able to play quick one touch passes.

If he is left isolated to take on defenders by himself he looks poor.

If vardy doesn't have the legs to keep up and offer him support he either needs to play further up the pitch or an alternative needs to play when daka is out as Barnes is a real goal threat when used properly.

11 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Issue is regardless of availability, we set up and are compromised to accommodate Barnes at all costs

Madisson out of position?

Nacho top scorer but unceremoniously dumped after HB injury?

Vardy now an ineffective lone striker!

HB is constantly in the bottom 3 of fans game polls, most see this 

So thats who's fault. Again not Harvey's.

I really wish brendan would just **** off and then we could all move on. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Man is the only thing we have in the squad that resembles a winger.

For a manager who insists on playing 433. 

Yep it's definitely Harvey's fault. Lol 

Nah seriously I accept he's very 1 dimensional but our squad has so many glaring issues.

A crap keeper. 2 cbs, a wilf who's a shadow of himself. No fit fullbacks, no wingers, a 473 year old strikers past his best. Harvey is way down the list of issues. 

...we could have pushed him upfront with Vardy and gone to a diamond with Wilf infront of the defence!!! 

Vardy needed the support, Nacho would have been more effective as the #10, not sure he touched the ball when he came on.

• Like 1

Barnes has really struggled tonight in that first half. Not tracking back and losing out aerially every time to a pint sized full back and not holding on to the ball when he gets the chance. It might be worth Brendan bringing Lookman on at half time. 👀😜

Edited by funkyrobot

Guest Col city fan

Another bright young player who is being killed by playing under Dodgers. 
Barnes is better than this. We all know how good he can be. 

He's been fairly rancid for the better part of a year. There have been some moments that cloud the judgement but his drop off since that injury is terribly concerning.

He just cannot be dropped and it can't be healthy for him to know that. No consequence for his underperformance.

• Like 1