Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 12/01/2023 at 00:01, MattFox said:

Surprised by this tbf always thought he was pretty grounded

All his mates are from school and he’s had the same girlfriend years

Never had him down as interested in the flash life

Totally agree with you.....which is maybe why his dad was making the point he was as maybe even he was beginning to see some changes in his own son...?!?

He'll come right. He's been rumbled that's all and I guess his confidence has taken a hit because of it. As suggested, if we mix it up, play him on the right, make him do something different, then his confidence will come back. Right now, we're always playing him the same way, giving him the same ball, and defenders know what to do to counter it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Totally agree with you.....which is maybe why his dad was making the point he was as maybe even he was beginning to see some changes in his own son...?!?

...this new change of behaviour, as his father seems to confirm that it is, could just be him acting out!!!

If he cannot Influence his life and is unhappy,  you find an outlet you can be and do what you want, even if is to the detriment of the people around you.

Just watching him on the pitch, he is not a player who looks happy and is no doubt frustrated with his own game.  Rodgers bawling at him does not help, as has not helped to improve his game. 

This is where the sport psychologist comes in, he needs to go to games and watch the players when they are under pressure, as sitting there waiting for someone to drop in (if that is what he does), is not a very good use of his time. Reading a players body language in those situations will tell you a great deal more, than when they come to see him.

I remember the situation against Fulham where Vardy was imploring Barnes to stay high,  so they could press more effectively and Barnes was turning  to go back to his position,  he seemed more afraid of Rodgers  than play alongside  Vardy.

You get the feeling that he is broken, at this very moment any offer, so he could change is environment, might seem to him, like a way out.

• Thanks 1

On 12/01/2023 at 12:02, An Sionnach said:

I got criticised for saying he has peaked as a player but he really has. He can still be lethal against dodgy defending but against well organised defenders not so much. I still think we should play him as a pure striker. He has power and speed and that for me puts him above Daka. He will never defend properly and that is the aspect of his game that frustrates Rodgers so much. We need to accept his limitations but he still should make double figures most seasons and those goals are very important.

Don’t understand how you can say a player has peaked when:

- playing under a manager who many of the current squad have seemingly gone backwards under

-playing alongside many underperforming players who aren’t going to help bring the best out of him

-being used in a tactical system that focuses on possession and ball retention and is very non-direct and lacking in intensity which is everything that his game is not

He is nowhere near the standard at the moment but to write him off as reaching his peak is unfair in my eyes at the moment. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Don’t understand how you can say a player has peaked when:

- playing under a manager who many of the current squad have seemingly gone backwards under

-playing alongside many underperforming players who aren’t going to help bring the best out of him

-being used in a tactical system that focuses on possession and ball retention and is very non-direct and lacking in intensity which is everything that his game is not

He is nowhere near the standard at the moment but to write him off as reaching his peak is unfair in my eyes at the moment. 

Played as a pure striker with a single task of scoring goals , he may find another level. In the role he is asked to do now I doubt it. I would be delighted if he proves me wrong.

A definite talent, but such a frustrating player to watch. When he’s on, we can all admit he’s class. But he’s so inconsistent it is painful to watch! Should’ve netted twice in 1st half today against Forest, but everything he touched today was so clumsy and off the pace. I’m struggling to justify to myself that he’s better than Demarai gray. Danger of Barnes just not being able to realise his talent and wasting his career through being too indecisive. Painful!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Poor finishes, but I'm fed up of the criticism he gets when the likes of Albrighton contributes absolutely nothing. If Barnes doesn't play, we have zero attacking threat....Zero.

Seems to me like when he does play we still have zero attacking threat.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Poor finishes, but I'm fed up of the criticism he gets when the likes of Albrighton contributes absolutely nothing. If Barnes doesn't play, we have zero attacking threat....Zero.

He doesn’t take us above zero mate 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, martyn said:

I don't mind him missing chances, it happens.

What isn't acceptable is half arsed effort. He absolutely phones it in in terms of defensive effort. 

Mahrez used to get all sorts of stick for his defensive work rate but Barnes makes him look like an absolute workaholic in comparison

• Like 1

14 players have been played on the RW many out of position and team compromised in order to accommodate Barnes

He is a great player at Championship level and plays well usually against poorer sides (up to today)

When did he last play well against quality?

Can't head the ball, can't tackle, very easily sussed and offers zero defensive support

Opposition managers dream

Flatters to deceive, one trick pony, seems to give zero Fs, lazy, I feel sorry for Thomas being not good enough. I'm angry at Barnes because he is good enough but just no footballing brain and all the other adjectives above.