Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

He's wasting his talent at the moment. There is a cracking player in there, but whether it's a lack of confidence, belief or a "I'm on easy street" attitude, there are times every season when he is utterly hopeless, and he is currently in one of those times!

• Like 1

The frustration with barnes is, he lets one bad action in the game effect his whole performance. If he doesn’t beat his man the first time, he plays shit for the entire game. He’s not one of those players that’s going to dig you out of a hole. He’ll play well when the team is playing well but when you need him he’ll hide. That’s why he’ll never be a top top player even though he probably has the potential to be. That said, his finishing is absolutely horrible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Out of interest, if we drop him who would you play instead, bearing in mind our "plethora" of wide options?

We play 3-5-2 with Perez as a 10 and Daka and Nacho up top, until Maddison is fit, with Possibly Castagne Albrighton wing backs.

Edited by Beachyboy

44 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Out of interest, if we drop him who would you play instead, bearing in mind our "plethora" of wide options?

I never said drop him, mainly because if our pathetic options out wide which I mentioned in a later post. No investment in the team so we are stuck with underperforming players who we have to pick.

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Barnes - 6 goals this season.

Albrighton - 6 goals in 6 seasons.

We're literally fielding the worst winger in the league on the right hand side for the best part of a decade. To blame our only attacking threat for the best part of three seasons now, is exactly why we're in this mess. 

You know Rodgers made Albrighton captain so individuals like you would be sympathetic to the manager right? He's playing you all.

I'm not sympathetic at all I believe Rodgers time at this club is up.  Barnes is going through a period of low confidence and is only in the team as is Albrighton because there no real alternatives, Albrighton is obviously on the wane so it's sensible not to expect so much from him. Barnes on the other hand is 25 and should be approaching his peek as a winger so we should really be expecting better of him.

Can’t believe the abuse Barnes is getting! 

Players miss chances, players especially miss chances when their confidence is rock bottom. 

The first one was a shocker, the second one, I don’t even think it’s that bad. Yes he should score but the technique is right, looks to bend it round the keep and it goes centimetres past the post. Some on here talking like he has missed two open goals from a yard out! 

The likes of Barnes and Daka would come good in a second with a competent manager in charge, just watch if it ever happens! 

This is on Rodgers, the tactics, the mentality instilled, constantly undermining the confident of the players. 

Barnes will move onto better than us when relegation is confirmed and be a success….

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Players miss chances, players especially miss chances when their confidence is rock bottom. 

The first one was a shocker, the second one, I don’t even think it’s that bad. Yes he should score but the technique is right, looks to bend it round the keep and it goes centimetres past the post. Some on here talking like he has missed two open goals from a yard out! 

The likes of Barnes and Daka would come good in a second with a competent manager in charge, just watch if it ever happens! 

This is on Rodgers, the tactics, the mentality instilled, constantly undermining the confident of the players. 

Barnes will move onto better than us when relegation is confirmed and be a success….

You’re right, his confidence is rock bottom and he will come good with the right manager. However, he has to be dropped for the good of the team at this moment.

You say his technique was right for the second half chance- not according to female co commentator on my stream - he  hit it with the end of his foot. So again, out of form, low confidence , snatching at chance or lack of concentration caused him to not hit the target. Again great chance missed.

As others have said, he doesn’t provide sufficient help to the full back on his side. 
Drop him for now, and change formation if we really do not have anyone in the club who could do better in his position  at the moment. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sm1 said:

He was flying pre WC, but after a 5/6 week break, where it seems he was on a permanent piss up, he's come back as Schlupp.

Yes always thought Barnes was a white Schlupp. Potential but lacks any intelligence. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, old koppite said:

You’re right, his confidence is rock bottom and he will come good with the right manager. However, he has to be dropped for the good of the team at this moment.

You say his technique was right for the second half chance- not according to female co commentator on my stream - he  hit it with the end of his foot. So again, out of form, low confidence , snatching at chance or lack of concentration caused him to not hit the target. Again great chance missed.

As others have said, he doesn’t provide sufficient help to the full back on his side. 
Drop him for now, and change formation if we really do not have anyone in the club who could do better in his position  at the moment. 

This is fair. Also technique may have been the wrong word form me. More that he had the right idea of bending round the keeper but yes not hit right enough. But points stands that those sort of chances are regularly missed and why goals scored stats are always lower than shots on goal stats!

Don’t disagree with the idea of changing the system by benching him. I more wanted to pick up on the hate being spewed by people calling him a crap player and claiming they always knew this! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Me too. He is frustratingly out of form, but then so are some other forwards in the league at the moment (Salah has one more goal than him, Son Heung-min has 4, Sterling has 4). 

But, it appears he has to put away 100% of his chances for us to even stand a chance in a game right now. When you consider Newcastle peppered us and even Forest generated far more chances yesterday, we aren't generating enough right now to help anyone who is low on confidence. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The frustration with barnes is, he lets one bad action in the game effect his whole performance. If he doesn’t beat his man the first time, he plays shit for the entire game. He’s not one of those players that’s going to dig you out of a hole. He’ll play well when the team is playing well but when you need him he’ll hide. That’s why he’ll never be a top top player even though he probably has the potential to be. That said, his finishing is absolutely horrible 

That sounds just like the rest of the team with good individual performances when the team is up for it.

24 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Me too. He is frustratingly out of form, but then so are some other forwards in the league at the moment (Salah has one more goal than him, Son Heung-min has 4, Sterling has 4). 

But, it appears he has to put away 100% of his chances for us to even stand a chance in a game right now. When you consider Newcastle peppered us and even Forest generated far more chances yesterday, we aren't generating enough right now to help anyone who is low on confidence. 

And this is the problem and not Barnes fault. No player should be judged on not putting 100% away and be criticised as such. Even players like Haaland and Mbappe don’t. 

Too much pressure on him with Maddison out the side as it all falls on him. This is the managers fault and the wider club for recruitment.