Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

8 minutes ago, maynefox said:

He has no football intelligence. After a failed 1v1. He will never try it again during the match. So frustrating. He has talent, but his lack of intelligence means he will never be a decent PL player.

You don’t put up the numbers he does without being a ‘decent PL player’ :facepalm::doh:

• Like 1

This thread sums up our fan base at times, Barnes is having a tough time but overall has been a shining a light over the last 3/4 seasons  yet a run of bad form and some of our fan base want to drive him to a championship team for a bag of crisps, used Johnny and a half eaten bag of mint humbugs…..whilst supporting a manager who has been a bag of old toss for about 18 months ….unreal 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This thread sums up our fan base at times, Barnes is having a tough time but overall has been a shining a light over the last 3/4 seasons  yet a run of bad form and some of our fan base want to drive him to a championship team for a bag of crisps, used Johnny and a half eaten bag of mint humbugs…..whilst supporting a manager who has been a bag of old toss for about 18 months ….unreal 

I don't think your post sums up this thread tbf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

He was absolutely dreadful today and I really like him. He scored, but the rest of his performance was woeful. 

My point, the other day on this thread, is that he is being scapegoated and yes is poor currently but the whole team is, confidence is at rock bottom and they are being ‘managed’ by a moron. 

I disagree with those that just like slinging abuse around that he is a ‘crap’ player. His numbers are very good and he bagged today. Maybe his all round game was still poor and lacking confidence but doesn’t make him a bad player.

Albrighton lost the full back for Brighton's equaliser, and once again, was none existent all game, except when hoofing the ball. The only question that "Barnes" is the answer to, is "Who is our greatest attacking threat everygame?".

If Barnes doesn't play, that last 20 minutes is what we look like for 90.

A goal will do his confidence the world of good. Wouldn't be the first time he goes from being vulgar to brilliant after a goal or two. 

We badly need him because Vardy looks anyhow, Daka is nowhere and other than Maddison we've absolutely nothing.

• Like 4

when he had confidence he was genuinely electric, I almost thought we had a Ronaldo/bale type player on our hands, but when he's devoid of confidence he literally just runs in to the defender, he just doesn't have a cocky and confident personality type unfortunately.

Edited by shade

59 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

He was absolutely dreadful today and I really like him. He scored, but the rest of his performance was woeful. 

Rodgers talks about players being complacent yet he continues to pick Barnes week in week out despite consistently poor performances. It feels like our whole setup revolves around him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Is Barnes the new scapegoat around here?

He joins Thomas and KDH . What's the connection?.I wish people would understand his limitations , including Rodgers . He is getting most of our best chances now and yes he is missing too many but he is finding space. He is not a winger , he is a striker.

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

He joins Thomas and KDH . What's the connection?.I wish people would understand his limitations , including Rodgers . He is getting most of our best chances now and yes he is missing too many but he is finding space. He is not a winger , he is a striker.

Puel? I didn't know you were on these forums