Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Scored, but was awful again, and gave Thomas zero help!  Hopefully the goal might give him a bit of confidence going forward though.

First half Thomas didn’t know where to go. new lad will be in for a shock 

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He joins Thomas and KDH . What's the connection?.I wish people would understand his limitations , including Rodgers . He is getting most of our best chances now and yes he is missing too many but he is finding space. He is not a winger , he is a striker.

It’s a bit like Kels. Yes there are flaws and he needs a few chances to convert one (unless he’s on a streak) but, he can create / score out of nothing. the answer is to get better players around him 

11 minutes ago, FLAN said:

First half Thomas didn’t know where to go. new lad will be in for a shock 

Thomas has struggled, and definitely needs a loan when we are able to do it, but I have to say Barnes really hasn't helped him either.

He's so poor at the moment it's untrue. He's obviously a confidence player and can quite easily be on the other end of the scale and be sensational in a few games, but recently he's had about 10 guilt edged chances or missed assists that beggar belief. 

• Like 1

I have no idea what's happened to him this season. He's been bloody awful. He needs switching to the right or just dropping completely. That chance with Vardy in the first half summed up his season. Totally incapable of playing a simple square ball with his left foot, unforgivable for a player on top money.

• Like 3

Barnes is clearly completely devoid of confidence. He clearly needs to be given a break and replaced by Nacho or Daka. Scoring today will certainly help, but his decision making is too often Sunday league standard. The two-on-one in the first half stood out for me. He was running in on goal with Vardy to his right, but instead of carrying the ball to commit the lone defender, he passed the ball much too early and behind Vardy who was then forced to backtrack allowing other Brighton defenders to get back and stifle the opportunity. It really was schoolboy stuff from Barnes. A clear goal scoring opportunity hopelessly squandered.

• Like 1

I just went on Sky Sports match report and they had Barnes as our best player with 8 out of 10. 🤣🤣🤣

I mean their player ratings are always ridiculous but that is taking ridiculous to a completely new level.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

He seems to have lost confidence

Absolutely heartbreaking seeing how low his confidence has gotten. That moment in the first half where he's basically in on goal and scuffs a crap pass backwards to Vardy to pass the buck was agonising. 

He's terrified of having the ball. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

He terrified of having the ball because he's terrified of losing it. He's terrified of losing it because of our shit manager who's obsessed with possession and hates attacking football. Barnes has the ability to be brilliant but is completely and utterly mismanaged.

For someone terrified of losing the ball he doesn’t half lose the ball a lot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

He terrified of having the ball because he's terrified of losing it. He's terrified of losing it because of our shit manager who's obsessed with possession and hates attacking football. Barnes has the ability to be brilliant but is completely and utterly mismanaged.

I think that’s an appalling take. He’s not terrified of losing it all, I can’t imagine there’s many players in the league that have lost the ball more. Barnes has ability, but makes wrong decisions constantly. He’s a middtable player, sometimes good, sometimes sh!t.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I think that’s an appalling take. He’s not terrified of losing it all, I can’t imagine there’s many players in the league that have lost the ball more. Barnes has ability, but makes wrong decisions constantly. He’s a middtable player, sometimes good, sometimes sh!t.  

Well i disagree. I think when he is thriving on confidence, he can take just about any defender in the league. He makes some stupid decisions but half the time that's because he feels he has to pass it when actually he wants to run with it. More often than not, that pass isn't on and he shouldn't even be considering it. The bottom line is, BR should be taking exciting players like Barnes and developing them into stars, not destroying them.

9 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Well i disagree. I think when he is thriving on confidence, he can take just about any defender in the league. He makes some stupid decisions but half the time that's because he feels he has to pass it when actually he wants to run with it. More often than not, that pass isn't on and he shouldn't even be considering it. The bottom line is, BR should be taking exciting players like Barnes and developing them into stars, not destroying them.

What did he do with Maddison then? 

Watched him carefully to try and give him the benefit of any doubt today but by Christ, he is completely awful and clearly bereft of confidence. That aside, confidence doesn't excuse the basics of defensive positioning, coughing up possession and most other things missing in his game. 

• Like 2

Haven't watched the game but you'd like to think the goal will bring some confidence back to him. If a goal can't do it, after spurning so many chances, then I feel sorry for him. Any goal a professional player scores should always be seen as a positive even if it is surrounded by a poor performance. But one can only hope there's some positive to come out of getting back to scoring ways. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haven't watched the game but you'd like to think the goal will bring some confidence back to him. If a goal can't do it, after spurning so many chances, then I feel sorry for him. Any goal a professional player scores should always be seen as a positive even if it is surrounded by a poor performance. But one can only hope there's some positive to come out of getting back to scoring ways. 

His performance arguably got worse after scoring, if that were even possible.