Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

This is a Barnes low on confidence. He’s a great player to have in the team and on form is a game changer. I’m sure we also said these things about Mahrez. If Barnes was more consistent the problem would be he’d be snapped up quick by a richer club. Just to think Everton have Demario Gray that starts week in, week out with 3 goals in 20 games. Barnes has 7 goals in 18 game s

43 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Well i disagree. I think when he is thriving on confidence, he can take just about any defender in the league. He makes some stupid decisions but half the time that's because he feels he has to pass it when actually he wants to run with it. More often than not, that pass isn't on and he shouldn't even be considering it. The bottom line is, BR should be taking exciting players like Barnes and developing them into stars, not destroying them.

Starting to wonder what a pass that is on for Barnes would look like. 

A player who has been low on confidence and not even played every game, playing in a team that has been pretty poor for most the season, who has 7 goals in 18 games. 

There is no doubt he has been poor since the restart, but arguably he is the least of our problems. A reminder that Vards, bless him, has one tap in goal to his name this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

29 goals in 99 PL starts. Judging him based on our worst run since promotion under a manager abdicating his responsibilities is overly harsh.

He’s looked shit at times this season and he’s scored 7 goals, imagine, just for a second, what he can do in a side creating lots of chances and when he’s full of confidence. 

He’s a high volume player, so when it doesn’t come off for him it stands out. He’s a huge asset and he’ll flourish when he’s not our only outlet 

He will flourush once he gets Brendan out of him.

He plays a lot better when maddison is on the pitch. That move he does when he cuts inside and then plays a one and exploded in behind the opposition defence doesn't work very well without Madders.

He tried playing a one-two with vardy towards the start of the game yesterday when it was 2 on 1 against Dunk and Vardy had a terrible first touch and then lost it

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

He plays a lot better when maddison is on the pitch. That move he does when he cuts inside and then plays a one and exploded in behind the opposition defence doesn't work very well without Madders.

He tried playing a one-two with vardy towards the start of the game yesterday when it was 2 on 1 against Dunk and Vardy had a terrible first touch and then lost it

I remember that completely differently. His pass to Vardy was terrible! Vardy had to stop his run and go back. It was a selfish pass. He could have put Vards through on goal but instead gave Vards the ball in a way he'd have to give Barnes the ball back. Barnes was looking at the one two for the glory. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Sorry, but that was totally Harvey’s fault, he should be  playing that into Vardy’s path, and he weirdly played it behind him, I could not believe it, however, saying that, he was right place and got a goal

• Like 4

Barnes is someone you could play a whole game without seeing, in fact I would argue that when he's not on form he's a negative because he isn't even tracking back, the fact some of you are using that goal yesterday as some form of cope for his bad performances is quite shocking. 

• Like 1

He just lacks confidence, and has still managed to score seven goals this season, which is the ninth highest in the league. He's not got great game intelligence as you can tell by his movement and should work harder to protect his full back but at his best he's fast, direct and can cross and score off both feet, which is pretty rare. In a confident side with a similar threat on the right wing he'd be a different player. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yep. The decision making was totally wrong. 

A confident Barnes takes that into the box and gets a goal himself, or plays the perfect ball in to Vardy's path to have a first time shot. 

I would think anyone that knows football would know what he should have done when there’s a 2 on 1

Such a simple plat yet he somehow managed to totally screw it up

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

This whole thing about Harvey lacking confidence where has it come from? I actually just think he's an unintelligent footballer with one tool in his armour which has been found out. I think he's still over confident if anything. I may be wrong but judging by his passes and decisions over the last few games, it's all about himself. He plays for himself and not the team. 

Because in previous seasons he’s repeated scored and assisted for team-mates. You won’t find many wingers outside of the big six with his outputs

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yep. The decision making was totally wrong. 

A confident Barnes takes that into the box and gets a goal himself, or plays the perfect ball in to Vardy's path to have a first time shot. 

I remember the move at the game and was completely confused as to what happened as it was lovely play leading up to it. Barnes is clearly being selfish and looking for the 1-2, but even though he must be pi55ed off, i also don't understand why Vardy doesnt go on and play it. 

image.png.53da54440c20a8558486c260ae7c157a.png

Edited by Chelmofox