Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

I've never seen a player bimble about so much. 

Bimbles around off the ball. If a balls not to him and is anything less than 80/20 in his favour he just bimbles after it letting the defender get it. 

One on one? Just bimbles along until he runs into the defender. You're a quick lad Harvey. Take them on. 

Takes every opportunity to leave the wing to bimble into the middle. 

Makes 0 attempt to get back out wide until he's bimbling back why the other team go on an attack. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Going through a rough period for sure despite his goal yesterday. Easier to mark when you carry such little attacking threat on the other side, and from the team in general given we're terribly coached.

He'll get back into gear when we have a manager again - providing he's not got himself out of here before we do pull the trigger on the clown (which I concede isn't impossible).

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Going through a rough period for sure despite his goal yesterday. Easier to mark when you carry such little attacking threat on the other side, and from the team in general given we're terribly coached.

He'll get back into gear when we have a manager again - providing he's not got himself out of here before we do pull the trigger on the clown (which I concede isn't impossible).

Where do you think he’s going?

nobody would pay decent money when they analyse his work rate and stats 

He does prat around too much and tries to add too much tippy tappy style into his play.

It doesn’t help that he rarely gets to chase the ball and run with it which is his strength. We take so long to walk the ball out of defence with 20 passes side to side, if Thomas actually passes forward he's marked and has his back to goal or is starting from a standing start on the side line. 

Some of his misses the last few games have cost us points. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

To be honest it also doesn’t help him that Vardy is basically a statue these days. If your striker isn’t pulling defenders about it’s hard for any winger to get any space. Often Vardy doesn’t cause any problems and Barnes gets forced wide and the oppostion double up on him. When Barnes gets the ball in space he just gets pushed onto his weak side and the attack is basically over. 

5 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

He needed to take another touch and get a bit further up the pitch before he made the pass. Massively lacking confidence. He was awful yesterday 

...we have for years failed to make the correct pass in the last third, why we are surprised that this occurred!!!

We need to have addressed this in training, we haven't, all this time in practise and we still have not have drilled this into our players.

Just how poor are our coaches?

Frustrating thing is he has 7 goals in all comps whilst not in great form! Hit some form/confidence he will help us up the table! 

will say this he is our weakest link defensively and think criticism Thomas gets is harsh! A more experienced player get him into the right position and also has the brain to cover his defensive weaknesses very much like Simpson with Mahrez. 

37 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Where do you think he’s going?

nobody would pay decent money when they analyse his work rate and stats 

They would look at his stats (7 goals this season) considering his age and think some good coaching can sort him out. Trossard just joined Arsenal with a lot of comparable stats 

• Like 1

He still finds himself in good goal scoring positions, and his finishing has massively improved over the last couple of seasons.

That said, he just looks too settled in that position. There's absolutely no pressure for his place and it shows with his performances. He plays like someone who's turned up for a Sunday league game just because they had nothing else to do on a Sunday morning.

There doesn't seem to be any spark, passion or aggression with him currently. Again, Rodgers could be to blame but most of it sits with Harvey. The quality is there, just needs getting out.

• Like 2

I'd like to know what he did in the WC break, because he looks a completely different player after it. He scored 6 in 13 PL games and was bang in form. After a few weeks of R&R in UAE, he's scored 1 in 5 and his all round game has been terrible.

He is about our only attacking outlet  right now that is “working”. If people look at the replay of the first goal, they will see the part He played in that too. quite simply,  we would have lost without him yesterday. Considering the position we are in, I am surprised that Barnes is catching any flack or negativity…. He’s nowhere near the worst of a very ordinary bunch…

• Like 2

He's a very good player but could be top class with the right mentality and a side around him that helps his game.

He's got so much more to his game and I hope we see what he can properly do, before he goes somewhere else and we're looking at games and wishing he was still with us.

2 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

He's a very good player but could be top class with the right mentality and a side around him that helps his game.

He's got so much more to his game and I hope we see what he can properly do, before he goes somewhere else and we're looking at games and wishing he was still with us.

I would to love to know what incompetence his(our) coaching staff are doing with his mental approach..

Hardly attacks the byline.easy for defence to con him to take the inside line...

The put him in the middle,he can then chose his runs..

A couple of observations here, 1) I think without Maddison in the team, Barnes is trying to do too much himself and this is leading to poor decision making. You could see when Maddison came on yesterday he looked a better player.

2) Lots of talk about how he doesn’t track back and help Luke Thomas, but the same can be said in reverse, when he has Justin or Castagne playing left back they bomb forward and overlap, giving Barnes another option and giving the defender something else to think about - this is not happening at the moment.

Finally, although he is missing chances, he is still getting into the positions to get those chances - the real worry for me comes when a player is not getting into the right positions.

You’ve only got to look at his goals and assists record over the last few seasons and compare it with other wingers to know he’s a quality player. 
I think with Maddison returning and Kristiansen coming in, you’ll see Barnes begin to look like the player we know he can be in the next couple of weeks

• Like 1