Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thst goal at the weekend will kick start him again. He'll get a couple vs Walsall and his usual goal away at Villa.

I bloody hope so because I almost can't actually look at him when he's on the ball he's been that bad

• Like 4

I have this feeling his goals mainly tend to come after we’ve taken control of games and mainly against lower level opposition. 
can’t be bothered to research and prove it so will just continue blindly claiming it

obviously Saturday already chucks this theory out the window to some extent 

Let's see how he does when we have form players around him instead of a clapped out vardy, albrighton/Perez/praet in the right and weak defence and useless midfield not to mention a terrifying keeper.

Saka is surrounded by players in world class form. 

We're so predictable it's unreal trying to be a one man attack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Let's see how he does when we have form players around him instead of a clapped out vardy, albrighton/Perez/praet in the right and weak defence and useless midfield not to mention a terrifying keeper.

Saka is surrounded by players in world class form. 

We're so predictable it's unreal trying to be a one man attack.

He played in one of the best and free scoring teams in the league for two years running, during 19/20 and 20/21, yet never managed double figures...

• Like 1

If Barnes could develop his back to goal and close control skills I think he could be one of the top wingers in the league but I’d say his ability to do these things are currently very poor. That’s what frustrates me about him, he gets the ball so often but 8/10 he’ll lose it very cheaply.

Work on this and get at least ok at it and he’ll blossom!

On 23/01/2023 at 19:05, FLAN said:

Stat from RL programme this evening 

Barnes 30% success rate for dribbles. In bottom 2% for attacking players in Europe 

I've heard the player that finished below him is on their way to contest...

image.thumb.png.66d4a224ddc7f1363cf284283dc06ade.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He played in one of the best and free scoring teams in the league for two years running, during 19/20 and 20/21, yet never managed double figures...

He scored 6 goals in 24 starts in 19/20

In 20/21 he scored 9 in 22 starts. 

He’s not reached double figures because he’s either been injured or hasn’t started enough games.

He was on course for 15+ in 20/21 before his injury ended his season.

In the Premier league - 130 apps, 99 starts, 96.2 nineties, 29 goals and 24 assists.

• Like 2

Barnes 30% success rate for dribbles. In bottom 2% for attacking players in Europe 

We all know he loses the ball a lot but this is pretty bad. Contradicts what Rodgers looks for in players as well. Anyone know the others in the 2%? 

Thats because he has one move and it was sussed out years ago.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He scored 6 goals in 24 starts in 19/20

In 20/21 he scored 9 in 22 starts. 

He’s not reached double figures because he’s either been injured or hasn’t started enough games.

He was on course for 15+ in 20/21 before his injury ended his season.

In the Premier league - 130 apps, 99 starts, 96.2 nineties, 29 goals and 24 assists.

9 in 25 (22 starts) is not too bad but 6 in 24 is appauling. My point was that the whole "if he played in a better team" or "with better players" isn't a strong argument because he did. Barnes, and some of these players now, did play in a good team.

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He can't dribble and doesn't defend and yet people insist he is a winger. What he does is score goals , he is a striker.

I really don’t rate him but this is a very valid point. The only issue is his total lack of effort wouldn’t help us in pressing from the front