Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

As Harvey Barnes appears to have lost the dynamics of playing on the wing why doesn’t Rodgers try him & Vardy up top with Vardy on the left of a 2, Castagne & Albrighton as wing backs, might just get the pair of them firing on all cylinders again… :scarf:

Edited by NewquayFox
Confused a few fussy people…
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

As Harvey Barnes appears to have lost the dynamics of playing on the wing why doesn’t Rodgers try him & Vardy up top with Vardy on the left of a 2, Castagne & Albrighton as wing backs, might just get the pair of them firing on all cylinders again… :scarf:

If you want Vardy firing again, play him with Iheanacho. Rodgers has said on numerous occasions he won’t try Barnes through the middle, although believe he did play a bit against Wigan in January 2020. 

• Like 1

Harvey has been shockingly shite as of late, he always does the same thing, has no variety to his game whatsoever and consequently his decision making is dire.

I would actually be tempted to give him a go on the right getting to the byline playing one twos and give someone else the left sided spot who can then do the cutting in routine with more success - wouldn't actually mind seeing Perez given a run out there.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Harvey has been shockingly shite as of late, he always does the same thing, has no variety to his game whatsoever and consequently his decision making is dire.

I would actually be tempted to give him a go on the right getting to the byline playing one twos and give someone else the left sided spot who can then do the cutting in routine with more success - wouldn't actually mind seeing Perez given a run out there.

We used to have wingers that would swap wings for 10-20 mins a game and had great success .... confusing for the opposition who would take a minute or two to realise what was happening and another while to get accustomed to it. Rodgers too inflexible to allow it unfortunately.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Look at our passing maps, we have nothing to the right or middle. Opposition can just close out Barnes. 

We need a RW and Madders in the middle. A RW will mean the opposition can't just focus on the left, giving Barnes much more space. Also, Madders in the middle behind the CF will give Barnes an outlet. At the moment he gets the ball, moves us up forward and has no one to distribute the ball to. So he just stops and loses the ball. His decision making isn't great at the best of times, but with no outlet for him it's even worse.

Let's stretch the pitch more, give him space and someone to pass to, and his form will improve.

I couldn’t agree more.

However, would that also see KDH drop deeper to offer more legs in the middle of the park?

I know KDH seems to be our only player who can press but the amount of games we lose just by having no legs in the middle of the park is criminal.

A reason why I think the loss of Youri will be softened slightly but the importance of getting to the bottom of the conundrum that is Ndidi.

• Like 2

I really wish we could get the barnes of 2 season ago back. I don’t just mean one in form, but the style of play. 

He used, at least out of respect for the goat, try to get the ball to him whenever it was on.  He just doesn’t look to assist anyone at all any more.   he’s currently just running and shooting and it’s getting into demarai grey territory. 

The amount of cut backs he ignores is getting a bit silly.  2 g’s and 4 a’s is better output than 3 g’s!!!! 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

On 30/01/2023 at 21:45, Lambert09 said:

I really wish we could get the barnes of 2 season ago back. I don’t just mean one in form, but the style of play. 

He used, at least out of respect for the goat, try to get the ball to him whenever it was on.  He just doesn’t look to assist anyone at all any more.   he’s currently just running and shooting and it’s getting into demarai grey territory. 

The amount of cut backs he ignores is getting a bit silly.  2 g’s and 4 a’s is better output than 3 g’s!!!! 

another actual winger and Maddison taking some focus will likely see that Barnes reappear, he is not a player that can be the only attacking focus of a side

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

another actual winger and Maddison taking some focus will likely see that Barnes reappear, he is not a player that can be the only attacking focus of a side

I think you're right. He's the kind of guy that seems to thrive off others taking the lime light and he relaxes and follows the lead.

He doesn't look too good if relied upon though...

If we play 4231 he'll benefit from closer support in Maddison and Kristiansen. Thinking about it now, he is often quite isolated because the left fullback rarely pushes on and our midfield (sans KDH) rarely get up in support of the forwards.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If we play 4231 he'll benefit from closer support in Maddison and Kristiansen. Thinking about it now, he is often quote isolated because the left fullback rarely pushes on and our midfield (sans KDH) rarely get up in support of the forwards.

I think that observation is spot on…. If only to free space…. VK could have a big impact on seeing Harvey become more effective 

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Harvey's been getting peltere all season so it's only fair to balance it and say he was really good today. Seemed to have more licence to get at his defender andncreate havoc 

Edited by Topman

Think we watched a different game, he was terrible today, was a brilliant cross for the goal but nothing apart from that. Wasteful in possession, just don't know what to do when he gets into important positions 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Topman said:

Think we watched a different game, he was terrible today, was a brilliant cross for the goal but nothing apart from that. Wasteful in possession, just don't know what to do when he gets into important positions 

Plus his brilliant piece of strength and great through ball to Praet on the 4th goal so he certainly got something…

You can criticise his “all round play” or whatever all you like but he created 2 goals yesterday both through brilliant pieces of play and that’s ultimately way more important and going to win us more points over a season than whether he beats his man often enough or whatever 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1