Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Another two assists? He didn't have any this season before yesterday's game.

Had to check that as it seemed surprising. Yes his assists output has been low, goals wise I think he’s having a good season. 

Hopefully having Tete on the other side will bring the best out of both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Having Tete and maddison in back in the side makes it harder for teams to double up on him and means he isn't our only outlet, which for weeks he has been. 

Also having what looks like a promising, more physical and willing to get forward full back behind him can't hurt either.

Infact if we can ever get Ricky back to his best, we'd be some side going forward. Now just the keeper situation to sort in the summer.

Yeah actually the Kristiansen and Tete signings should benefit Barnes individually more than anyone else.

Yep new keeper needed. Castagne seems shaky at the minute so would be good if Ricardo can come back strong and add competition.

13 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Really pleased for Barnes and his two assists today. He has had some really unnecessary criticism and even abuse on here (referring to his intelligence etc) and I can see that some are going to dig their heels in on that!

I’d sooner have a wide player who may be quiet a lot of the time and come up with end product time and time again than one who beats his man time and time again and nothing come from it. From the comments of some in this thread I can only assume they’d rather have someone like Adana Traore beat his man and smash out of play time after time!

Yeah. His numbers are superb and he is always a threat even when out of sorts. 

A chant of 'Barnes will tear you apart again' started up on the train to Witton prior to the game yesterday and there was an audible 'boo' from other Leicester fans.

Bizarre. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

A chant of 'Barnes will tear you apart again' started up on the train to Witton prior to the game yesterday and there was an audible 'boo' from other Leicester fans.

Bizarre. 

What is wrong with people.

• Like 3

Against Villa he had the least touches he has had in a game all season

There has been a quite a few games where he has had double or more the amount of touches he got against Villa

Still contributed with a beauty of a cross for Kele, and involved for Praet's

He is putting up better goal contribution numbers than most other wingers in the league - the only other winger from the other 13 (now excludes Newcastle) who has more is Trossard, who is now at Arsenal and also played some games as a striker

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

Barnes is a great talent but has been held up by being our only decent player from out wide.

Tete will take the pressure off him and I expect him to have a new lease of life now.

He does need to work harder though 

I've watched his through the acadamy and went to see loan games.

He can and should be better but he's not a 'great' talent

Hopefully the Harrison (and Lookman to gee HB up on LW previously re -BR) link shows that BR realises this and hopefully he'll get his finger out

He was better yesterday but with 2 wingers what choice have we.

Iheanacho was the biggest difference IMO and should've been playing more if not for BR bewildering vindictiveness

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

Barnes is a great talent but has been held up by being our only decent player from out wide.

Tete will take the pressure off him and I expect him to have a new lease of life now.

He does need to work harder though 

I agree.. similarly after we won the league Mahrez became less affective when other teams new he was the only creative threat.

Now we have threats on both wings Barnes should feel far less pressure and not be doubled up on as much as the opposing team wont want to leave 1v 1 vs Tete

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Craig said:

Bizarre. 

Very!

5 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I've watched his through the acadamy and went to see loan games.

He can and should be better but he's not a 'great' talent

Hopefully the Harrison (and Lookman to gee HB up on LW previously re -BR) link shows that BR realises this and hopefully he'll get his finger out

He was better yesterday but with 2 wingers what choice have we.

Iheanacho was the biggest difference IMO and should've been playing more if not for BR bewildering vindictiveness

OK he's potentially a great talent.

His stats aren't bad but he could and should be really pushing on now and banging on England's door.

Only he can decide if he's going to be something special or an average player.

I would like to see how he would play under a different manager as I think he's stagnated a bit and I think a new coach could get his decision making and execution to improve loads.

The width that Tete will give us on the other side could give him a new lease of life.

On 05/02/2023 at 08:11, LCFCJohn said:

I mean he also assisted a second goal through great strength and a brilliant ball to Praet so would say that counts as more than nothing after the cross for Iheanacho’s goal no?

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say the second assist was a brilliant ball, it deflected off the guy marking him and then somehow went straight through a central defender (mings?) who should’ve intercepted it. 1st assist was a brilliant cross tho. 

He’s one of our own and we genuinely don’t dislike him. The criticism is tough love that’s how he needs to see it. Maybe he couldn’t handle being our savior on the left wing? Effort should always be applied that’s the least fans wanna see. He’s had though many chances he’s fluffed that he normally would put away. That’s the annoying thing and of course it gets amplified because of the desperate position we are in. We need those goals and those points to escape the relegation zone.

well he needs to pull his socks up now and really go for it no more excuses.

On 05/02/2023 at 11:03, LCFCJohn said:

Yeah actually the Kristiansen and Tete signings should benefit Barnes individually more than anyone else.

Yep new keeper needed. Castagne seems shaky at the minute so would be good if Ricardo can come back strong and add competition.

Castagne has not been the same since his head collision.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say the second assist was a brilliant ball, it deflected off the guy marking him and then somehow went straight through a central defender (mings?) who should’ve intercepted it. 1st assist was a brilliant cross tho. 

Ok, maybe not, would still say it classes as more than nothing though right? Given that the person I had quoted referred to him doing nothing else after the first cross.

To be fair, the second one, the turn and strength to get away from his man was the more pleasing bit. Yes the ball should have been cut out by the defender but then the breaks!

To put it in perspective we were after a player on deadline day whos best season was scoring how many Barnes has at this point, in a Leeds team that scored about hundred goals a season. 

He's another one we are going to find it hard to keep it in the summer. Especially when he looks round at everyone else leaving. 

• Like 2