Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 05/02/2023 at 08:11, LCFCJohn said:

I mean he also assisted a second goal through great strength and a brilliant ball to Praet so would say that counts as more than nothing after the cross for Iheanacho’s goal no? The ball was great for Ineanacho goal, he did well for Praet goal but got to say the ball wasn't great, just got luck as defender mistake. Barnes gets in great position but always too predictable trying to side foot the ball in, he is better off when he doesn't need to think. I love him when he is on fire 🔥 but too many times wasteful in possession due to bad decision making, he lacks the footballing intelligence, I think lack of aggression. 

I've got such mixed feelings on Barnes. Some days I think he is great and has the potential to be even better, but other days I think he is one dimensional and doesn't have the footballing brain required to be a consistently top player for us. He can be frustrating but also deliver some quality moments. Typical of most wingers I guess. I just hope he can kick on for the rest of the season and find some consistency with his performances. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Another one.

Will you be tweeting about him tonight @Bob Hazels shorts?

The guy who sits next to me absolutely hates barnes and I have no idea why. A lad who has come through our academy and is producing numbers like he is in the prem needs to be bloody cherished not slated! 

Kristiansen has helped him. 

Having someone continually prepared to overlap helps make the space to drive into that he hasn't got the fleet of foot to make for himself. 

There aren't too many more effective players than Barnes when there is that bit of open space to drive into. It's in tight, tactical games he can really struggle.

• Like 3

We all sling Brendan shit when he deserves it and at times it's been hard to look at the squad and find players he's improved in recent years that have stayed at a high level but Barnes finishing has improved astronomically.

He's been taught to cushion shots low away from the keeper and he's mastering it. Watch him in that 2018/19 season and his placed finishes were often still too close to the keeper time and time again, I remember that Spurs away game on Tielemans debut and he missed probably 3-4 chances that he'd now put away with those low slotted finishes.

He's ours as well, we've produced him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear he had a good game- I didn’t manage to find a stream. 
I was one of the many who were frustrated with him before Villa, and believed he had to be dropped. 
As people are posting, the new players seem to have inspired him - hope he can maintain consistency now and fulfil his great potential. 

32 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Got so much undeserved hate on here the last few weeks. Clearly from people who don’t understand football. He’s quality and we’re lucky to have him. Good lad Harvey!

He was shit for a few weeks, but he had a great start to the season.  Seems like when he has a better LB behind him, he can play much better (on the whole).

Doesnt look 100% back to his best yet, but he is certainly getting his confidence back.

On 07/02/2023 at 01:50, STUHILL said:

I've got such mixed feelings on Barnes. Some days I think he is great and has the potential to be even better, but other days I think he is one dimensional and doesn't have the footballing brain required to be a consistently top player for us. He can be frustrating but also deliver some quality moments. Typical of most wingers I guess. I just hope he can kick on for the rest of the season and find some consistency with his performances. 

Like  Nacho,he had to go through the trenches,his injury set him back,but so did other quality in form player injuries,took their toll on his form & play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

4 separate things help his game:

- Tete on the other side means teams can't just double down on Barnes, so has more 1v1 situations.

- Maddison plays centrally, who is better at finding him

- Iheanacho is a brilliant linkup player, and knows how to find him

- Kristiansen is fearless and will always make the overlap run, giving him more options

And Ricardo is coming back soon too! Ricardo and Barnes had a great relationship and often assisted one another.

The team has totally been transformed with Tete, even though today he didn't even do anything!

Last sentence..he did,because he played..

But good post ( again), and shows when star players are fully fit,new faces,

the team can flow..

And again we came from behind,so a new belief is created.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frany104 said:

Got so much undeserved hate on here the last few weeks. Clearly from people who don’t understand football. He’s quality and we’re lucky to have him. Good lad Harvey!

It’s not from people who don’t understand football, just because they have a different opinion to you. Barnes deserved the criticism but played well today again so deserves praise.

• Like 3