Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-interested-in-leicester-star-harvey-barnes/

Tottenham want Barnes 
Barnes gave Pedro Porro a torrid time on his Tottenham debut last weekend as Leicester thrashed Conte’s men 4-1. 

The 25-year-old bagged a goal and was unlucky to have not finished the game with two after having one ruled out for offside. 

And it seems that the winger has made an impression as Spurs could look to make their move for him and James Maddison over the summer, according to Jones. 

“Yeah, they’ll [Barnes and Maddison] definitely be on the list. They’re players that have been looked at a long time anyway,” the journalist told GiveMeSport. 

“What will be interesting is to see whether on the back of this turn in form, Leicester can actually convince players to give this project a bit longer for a revival.

“If they can have a bounce back season for the rest of the term, and take that into the summer, they’ll try to keep these players if they can.”

Barnes has been a standout performer in a struggling Leicester side this season, bagging eight goals in 20 Premier League appearances. 

The winger has impressed over the past couple of seasons at the King Power and Klopp thinks he’s actually really underrated. 

“Barnes is probably one of the biggest talents, I’m not sure if he is respected or appreciated as much as he should be, he is an unbelievable player to be honest, a proper Leicester product,” Klopp told the Metro back in February 2021. 

Barnes has received interest from the likes of Newcastle United over the past couple of transfer windows. But the Englishman certainly won’t come cheap if Spurs do make a move for him, with Leicester previously valuing him at around £60 million. 

His deal also runs until 2025 which puts Leicester in a commanding position to demand a hefty fee for him. 

Spurs are certainly well-stocked in the attacking department but with concerns over Heung-Min Son’s form this season, they may need to look at bringing in his long-term replacement over the next couple of transfer windows. 

2 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Ffs.  How could a true Blue player go to TOTTINGHAM????

No player that wants to win trophies would go there,  surely?

But yet people try and claim Champions League football attracts players..

We have to accept that if our players are performing well then the rich clubs are going to come sniffing 

our model means that we need to sell a big player each summer.  If barnes won’t sign an extension this summer then we really need to be cashing in rather than leaving him at a year to go in 2024. Assuming madders also goes this summer then we don’t need to sell anyone in summer 24 

We need to trust that our recruitment will do a good job 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We have to accept that if our players are performing well then the rich clubs are going to come sniffing 

our model means that we need to sell a big player each summer.  If barnes won’t sign an extension this summer then we really need to be cashing in rather than leaving him at a year to go in 2024. Assuming madders also goes this summer then we don’t need to sell anyone in summer 24 

We need to trust that our recruitment will do a good job 

Which is debatable given the last two summers. A model of selling a big player each summer isn't sustainable, eventually you end up not being able to recruit better players than you are selling (see Southampton now).

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Which is debatable given the last two summers. A model of selling a big player each summer isn't sustainable, eventually you end up not being able to recruit better players than you are selling (see Southampton now). …….

I’d prefer to look at brighton rather than soton ….

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Which is debatable given the last two summers. A model of selling a big player each summer isn't sustainable, eventually you end up not being able to recruit better players than you are selling (see Southampton now).

To be fair Southampton didn’t sell one player a year…they pretty much sold all their starting 11 over a two year period which puts a lot of pressure on getting every new player in correct at the same time.

41 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It's taken us 5 or 6 years to replace Mahrez and £40m only to end up with a player on a 6 month loan. On the other side of the pitch we have a 25 year old home grown player hitting 15+ goals and assts every season and some of our fans would be happy to sell for an unremarkable fee.

0.56 G+A per 90 minutes in the Premier League for Barnes.

Zaha 0.36

Neto 0.38

Grealish 0.39

Richarlison 0.41

Saka 0.47

Bowen 0.47

Martinelli 0.49

Jota 0.55

Sterling 0.61

Rashford 0.62

Hazard 0.64

Mahrez 0.67

Considering Barnes hasn't really had a truly great season since 20/21 they're remarkable numbers. There's still a lot more to come too.

His numbers are incredible. I scratch my eyes every time i see he has 50 PL goal contributions given how regularly he frustrates. 

He just doesnt pass the eye test for me, but that's ultimately not important as long as he continues with these numbers. 

If the right offer came in, I'd be fine selling him - however as others have mentioned... if we lose Maddison & Tielemans this summer, it puts a lot of pressure on our recruitment department to hire a Barnes replacement, too. 

21 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

People are able to distinguish between genuine links and opinion pieces right…? 

That's why I put it in here just to stimulate some debate.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It's taken us 5 or 6 years to replace Mahrez and £40m only to end up with a player on a 6 month loan. On the other side of the pitch we have a 25 year old home grown player hitting 15+ goals and assts every season and some of our fans would be happy to sell for an unremarkable fee.

Zaha 0.36

Neto 0.38

Grealish 0.39

Richarlison 0.41

Saka 0.47

Bowen 0.47

Martinelli 0.49

Jota 0.55

Sterling 0.61

Rashford 0.62

Hazard 0.64

Mahrez 0.67

Considering Barnes hasn't really had a truly great season since 20/21 they're remarkable numbers. There's still a lot more to come too.

Agree, his output is pretty incredible really and great to see against other players. He sometimes fails to impress in terms of performance but most wingers do, by nature they're inconsistent. But the key thing is to keep logging goals and assists. I suppose his main downside is the defence ability but so far with VK at LB that side looks much more solid. I don't think we'd consider anything less than £40m

On 11/02/2023 at 22:03, Col city fan said:

So nice to read that people aren’t calling Barnes shite anymore.

He isn’t shite. He’s an inconsistent young player who can be almost unplayable on his day and suffers badly in a team low on confidence. 
Definitely one to keep 

The lad is 25 years old with about 5/6 years pro first team experience. Calling him a young player or even using that as an excuse is really odd lol

He's an effective winger at this level but never going to reach elite levels. Absolutely perfect for us.

30 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I think this Tottenham hate is a lot bigger in people’s minds than it is in reality.

Nope.  I used to live in South London.  They think they are it, but they really aren't.   I've hated Tottingham almost as long as I have love Leicester 

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

If we get 60 million for him I would snap their hand off tbh

Misinformed opinion, allow me to introduce you to considered analysis: 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Zaha 0.36

Neto 0.38

Grealish 0.39

Richarlison 0.41

Saka 0.47

Bowen 0.47

Martinelli 0.49

Jota 0.55

Sterling 0.61

Rashford 0.62

Hazard 0.64

Mahrez 0.67

• Thanks 1