Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

7 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I don't see how, lol.

I’m not saying that you don’t hate them, I just meant you cited things that aren’t applicable to all Leicester fans, like that experiencing Tottenham fans on a daily basis in London and your perceived behaviour of them. I’m not disputing your  personal experience, I’m just disputing whether that applies to all and therefore Harvey Barnes!

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

I’m not saying that you don’t hate them, I just meant you cited things that aren’t applicable to all Leicester fans, like that experiencing Tottenham fans on a daily basis in London and your perceived behaviour of them. I’m not disputing your  personal experience, I’m just disputing whether that applies to all and therefore Harvey Barnes!

I would HATE to see any of our players going there.  Thats all.  The same as I HATE to see them successful, lol.

A mate of mine is a West Ham fan, and it was hilarious when he bought a spurs shirt camping and used it as a tea towel!

40 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I would HATE to see any of our players going there.  Thats all.  The same as I HATE to see them successful, lol.

A mate of mine is a West Ham fan, and it was hilarious when he bought a spurs shirt camping and used it as a tea towel!

download (4).jpeg

• Haha 2

Foolish if you actively don't mind him being sold. 

Good player for us. Goals and assists show that. Yes, he can have some disappointing performances. But most players, at most clubs, do to through those kinds of spells. 

He's an asset to us. Should keep him. 

• Like 3

Surely Rogers now knows exactly what makes Barnes tick. As the bee-gees famously sang “this is the time, the place, the moment, he’s got groove he’s got feeling” lol.

all about self confidence, belief and playing to his strength. Barnes is gonna bang a lot more goals in now just watch!

4 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Misinformed opinion, allow me to introduce you to considered analysis: 

I honestly this there are better players out there avaiable for 60 million personally

The ammount of times it's seemed like he's not even trying over the past 6 months hasnt sat right with me either tbh

Edited by MrSpaM

15 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I honestly this there are better players out there avaiable for 60 million personally

The ammount of times it's seemed like he's not even trying over the past 6 months hasnt sat right with me either tbh

Frustrated maybe, but not trying i don't buy, he's been pur only outlet for months, any coincidence as soon as we have madders and tete in the side and he has a bit more space he looks much better. I'd expect his numbers to climb before the end of the season. 

• Like 1

No one wants to sell our best players but if we don’t sell them with two years left  then we will lose 25/30 million if they are sold with a year left and in some cases receive no fee when they leave on a free. Once you run them down to a year, the £ signs begin to glare at them in the distance on a free in just twelve months ….

that’s the reality of where we are as a club.  The best players decide if they will sign new contracts ….the clubs are pretty impotent, especially ones like us. 

Funny listening to people moan about his defensive work rate. I don't entirely disagree but it's actually his attacking movement I most want to see improvement in at the moment. 

He's always been at his best playing with Vardy because he likes to come towards the ball, get it to feet and then carry it forward whilst Vardy likes to spear head vertically and get behind the defence. They drag the defence in opposing directions and when the two of them are on fire it really is productive. 

If he's going to be playing in this current line-up for the foreseeable future though we really need him to do the opposite. Quite a few times against both Villa and Spurs you'll see Iheanacho dropping towards the ball wanting it to feet  AND Barnes doing the same. Barnes takes up a lot of deeper positions on the wing just dropping in to areas he should be leaving to Kristiansen. 

Instead of coming looking for the ball he needs to be really pinning the fullback back, doing the Salah or Mane bit and stretching the defence as much as possible. He's probably our fastest player now and we need him to act like it. 

We've seen Tete make some sensational runs beyond and we need more of that from Barnes. I'm not suggesting he never does it and obviously there are times he'll have to come and get involved in the build up but he does need to learn to be more of an outlet too. 

For all the criticism I give him, £60m is mad and we shouldn't entertain that if true. We only have to look at the issue we've had trying to get another right winger after selling Mahrez. Goalscoring wingers are worth good value.

• Like 1

I think Harvey would thrive at a  champions league club as he’d have more space. If he gets the ball here then he’s marked more closely.. there’s more than one ‘danger man’ to mark at a team like Liverpool or Arsenal if you get what I mean…

He was a better dribbler prior to his injury, he's otherwise very large for a winger which makes nimble footwork tricky. He's extremely effective and I think he doesn't get enough credit for his movement, generally. Getting into the right position reliably is the hardest thing about scoring.

• Like 1

Look at before and after Tete. Think that actually having a left footed right winger opens up the space he never had earlier this season. Our attack night and day from what it was and Barnes is sure to reap the benefits of that. Patience.