Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

6 hours ago, MPH said:

I think Harvey would thrive at a  champions league club as he’d have more space. If he gets the ball here then he’s marked more closely.. there’s more than one ‘danger man’ to mark at a team like Liverpool or Arsenal if you get what I mean…

I don’t think that’s accurate. Better teams like Man City face more defensive set ups and less space. Beating your man 1 on 1 is key

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

I don’t think that’s accurate. Better teams like Man City face more defensive set ups and less space. Beating your man 1 on 1 is key

but he is a master at the pass and go and they are masters at the through ball there… without his space being squeezed he’d thrive 

Edited by MPH

15 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

That is a pretty damning chart for dribbling success.

Screenshot_20230224_183350_Twitter.jpg

Maybe a bit harsh to isolate that, the article is predicated on his ability to make up for his poor dribbling 

On 16/02/2023 at 11:53, daddylonglegs said:

His numbers are incredible. I scratch my eyes every time i see he has 50 PL goal contributions given how regularly he frustrates. 

He just doesn't pass the eye test for  meme, but that's ultimately not important as long as he continues with these numbers. 

If the right offer came in, I'd be fine selling him - however as others have mentioned... if we lose Maddison & Tielemans this summer, it puts a lot of pressure on our recruitment department to hire a Barnes replacement, too. 

...this is the problem, selling a top player 2 years before the end of his contract!!!

His choosing to run down his contract will cause us to lose money, and this will be the best chance to maximise his fee. I am not looking for us to sell, just that we moan if we allow a player to run down his contract, but would baulk at the idea of a sale when he is at his peak playing for us.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I sometimes must see a different game to everyone else. Thought he did ok, considering the team performance was so lacklustre. It was largely left to him to attack alone waiting an eternity for support 

Agree. Him and KDH created the most chances. Thought Tete could have done better from his cross. 

• Like 1