Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Looked to me like the rest of the team, keep the shape, no risk, no frills display and hope for a goal chance to happen, remember one guy shouting at him to wake up when KDH was looking to pass forwards after nicking the ball and he was hesitant to get forwards so we quickly lost the ball again.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 hours ago, Lionator said:

He was the only one who looked like creating anything. I was thinking how he’d be handy as a squad player for Arsenal based on how they play. 

Arsenal fan I spoke said he was our best player and they'd definitely have him there.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Lionator said:

He’d thrive under a coach like Arteta with hard working good players around him. 

Hed thrive here if the idiots in the stands didn't berate him for the slightest of things.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, winteriscoming said:

The most robotic player I’ve ever seen. He needs an instruction manual while on the pitch to tell him what to do. In the first half kdh had the ball and was wanting Barnes to make some sort of run instead Barnes just stayed on the touch line within 5 yards of him. 

Case in point. 

On 26/02/2023 at 00:43, Lionator said:

He was the only one who looked like creating anything. I was thinking how he’d be handy as a squad player for Arsenal based on how they play. 

Have to agree. Yes, we know he can be frustrating at times, but when you compare him to KDH or Praet, neither of whom get anywhere near the abuse despite the fact they constantly broke up our counter-attacks and looked like they didn't know what to do once they crossed the halfway line. He looks so, so much more likely to have that one moment where he makes something happen compared to everyone else in our squad bar Maddison and Iheanacho really.

Maddison, Barnes and Iheanacho are our only players who consistently score and create goals. That's the reason he never gets dropped. Honestly, why our 15-20 goal contributions-a-season winger is the one taking so much flack when the KDH and Praet threads are deathly silent just strikes me as weird.

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Have to agree. Yes, we know he can be frustrating at times, but when you compare him to KDH or Praet, neither of whom get anywhere near the abuse despite the fact they constantly broke up our counter-attacks and looked like they didn't know what to do once they crossed the halfway line. He looks so, so much more likely to have that one moment where he makes something happen compared to everyone else in our squad bar Maddison and Iheanacho really.

Maddison, Barnes and Iheanacho are our only players who consistently score and create goals. That's the reason he never gets dropped. Honestly, why our 15-20 goal contributions-a-season winger is the one taking so much flack when the KDH and Praet threads are deathly silent just strikes me as weird.

I’m not really sure what those that give Barnes so much stick expect really. Compare him to other players of his position and over the years his numbers are right up there despite often playing in a poorly performing team particularly in the past 18 months or so. 

They’ll say he’s too quiet when not scoring or not involved enough. This to me is indicative of the position often. Also, do I want a Barnes who can be quiet but pop up with 20 goal contributions a season or someone like Adam’s Traore who is involved every 2 minutes running into dead ends or putting the ball in the stands? 

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Did the only inventive piece of play bar a couple of KDH runs where he ran at them, they pushed him on to his left foot (usually a mistake in my opinion from the opposition) and his cross to Tete was inches from being a near certain equaliser.

• Like 4

frustrating how much he resists going on the outside and just crossing it. I don’t get it at all, the defenders show him the grass as they know he want to come inside but he doesn’t just adapt and take it past them. 

just far too predictable 

• Like 2

I can understand why he was hooked, Rodgers had enough of him and briefly shown some emotion. But our options are so shit he really needed to stay on. 

Praet tries but he's not a creative player. 

Edit: didn't realise sub was injury related. Fantastic. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

What we need is Praet's brain in Barnes' body! Praet looks like the most awkward left winger imaginable but he's intelligent enough to know his limitations and some how digs out a dangerous cross or always plays the right pass. 

Barnes has the ability to get himself in to very dangerous positions time after time but just simply doesn't have the footballing intelligence to quickly identify the correct play. This is impossible to train or teach so it is what it is and it just makes Barnes the most frustrating inconsistent player in the universe. 

I agree, except I believe any player of any standard can be coached to remove, or at least reduce the weakest parts of their game. I thought the coaches sit through video footage with each player and analyse mistakes- it just seems with Harvey he could be so much better with a cool head, and/or mix up his runs to keep the oppo guessing. 
But then, how much is he being coached to “ be controlled “ and thereby take no risks…….

On 25/02/2023 at 18:43, Lionator said:

It irritates me so much when I see our wingers constantly having to turn and move toward our own goal to receive the ball. Even Arteta was probably mortified just watching our play a few weeks ago! 

I totally agree with you that Barnes would fit this style of play to a tee.

Guest Col city fan

One of my lad’s mates is mates with Harvey. Most probably know but he’s moved from Willoughby to near Bradgate Park. The lucky bar steward!

😉

On 27/02/2023 at 09:21, Sampson said:

There inside is the hidden point,which points to the weirdness of the modern forum. FTers more interested in spurting out abuse,everyweek and day

on every single player..They must go up and down the list and chose which player,will we put through the grinder..

And don't worry about KDH and Praet,they have a "reichtum" of naysayers...