Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

One of my lad’s mates is mates with Harvey. Most probably know but he’s moved from Willoughby to near Bradgate Park. The lucky bar steward!

😉

Can you get you lads mates mate to ask him if he's injured please. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think he could be a better striker then winger.

If you score goals you are a striker , forwards should be flexible and mobile. All these people who go on about balance are really talking predictability. Harvey should pop up right across the front of our attack.He is a rubbish defender so you have to give him the freedom to play to his strengths.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As far as I'm concerned he is the best academy player we have produced in this century by a country mile.

I love the bloke

Yep. I fear he may have to go elsewhere to be fully appreciated, and we'll miss his contributions when he's gone. Hearing rumours that he's going with Madders as a package deal 

2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Yep. I fear he may have to go elsewhere to be fully appreciated, and we'll miss his contributions when he's gone. Hearing rumours that he's going with Madders as a package deal 

I wouldn't blame any of our players wanting to leave in the summer to further their careers, the club is destined to decline drastically under the current dunderhead of a manager and chairman with his head buried in the sand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think he could be a better striker then winger.

Honestly think there could be something in there. His finishing is better than his crossing, and his ability to beat a man relies solely on his pace as he has very little in terms of game sense on the wing. 

Right now what do we have to lose trying him upfront? 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I have zero doubt that Harvey would be snapped up by a number of other Premiership clubs if we do get relegated.

He’s one of our most dangerous players and the inconsistency in his form just reflects and is indicative of the decline in form of the team.

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Says more about our academy but you are certainly correct.

I suspect he's in a small band of academy graduates that get 15+ goal contributions a season in the PL. Some weaknesses to his game sure, but his end product is massively dismissed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As far as I'm concerned he is the best academy player we have produced in this century by a country mile.

I love the bloke

It’s such a shame Rodgersball doesn’t play to his strengths. He’s better when he’s running with the ball and the defenders are retreating. I can’t wait for VK to return as he is always looking to send Barnes on his way as opposed to Castagne. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I have zero doubt that Harvey would be snapped up by a number of other Premiership clubs if we do get relegated.

He’s one of our most dangerous players and the inconsistency in his form just reflects and is indicative of the decline in form of the team.

Villa. He's got Villa all over him. 35m, 40 odd million if there's competition for him

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Villa. He's got Villa all over him. 35m, 40 odd million if there's competition for him

👍

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

He’s better than Villa, would be disappointed if he ended up there. He could play for some of the ‘big’. Even Newcastle at least are going places. Villa are just over-rated and mid table fodder.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

He’s better than Villa, would be disappointed if he ended up there. He could play for some of the ‘big’. Even Newcastle at least are going places. Villa are just over-rated and mid table fodder.

I agree with you. It'd be agony seeing him play for them. I just think they'd stump up the readies. He'd be a major coup for them. And is a class above what they'd ordinarily get. 

If we go down, we are gonna have to get used to seeing our players (almost all of whom I like and have genuine history with our club) enjoy PL careers at clubs that make us feel sick. 

Just random sights like seeing Ricky play for Leeds. Barnes at Villa. Tielemans and Madders at Spurs. KDH at Wolves. It's a surreal thought. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

VK, KDH and Barnes in that left sided triangle of play is where we're out strongest IMO. Loved some of KDH's play yesterday, why Brendan in 2023 has opted to play him on the right side of central midfield has been a huge mystery. 

I want to like KDH but he slows down too many attacks when he has to spin around because he can’t use his right foot. He needs to spend all summer kicking the ball against a wall with his right foot. 

5 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

It’s such a shame Rodgersball doesn’t play to his strengths. He’s better when he’s running with the ball and the defenders are retreating. I can’t wait for VK to return as he is always looking to send Barnes on his way as opposed to Castagne. 

Tbf Castagne has been good on the left since VK has been injured. He was involved in Barnes’ goal against Brentford. 

• 3 weeks later...

Probably the only one of our players tonight that could come off that pitch thinking he played well

10 goals and 3 assists so far this season

Will miss him when he probably goes in the summer, deserves to go and play at a good club

• Like 3