Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Best game he’d played in a while at villa. He was determined and driven. Almost scored a second. If were him I would have strangled N’didi after the game! Let him know if he does that again he’s history

• Like 1

I don’t think Barnes has the mentality to play for one of the top sides. He’s not consistent enough and often goes into his shell when facing a really top fullback. He lacks the confidence and aggression currently to do it for a club like Liverpool.

Maybe a new Manager can take him to the next level as he certainly has the ability. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2023 at 07:04, Dickov22 said:

I don’t think Barnes has the mentality to play for one of the top sides. He’s not consistent enough and often goes into his shell when facing a really top fullback. He lacks the confidence and aggression currently to do it for a club like Liverpool.

Maybe a new Manager can take him to the next level as he certainly has the ability. 

I’d love to see them try him as a striker his pace at times and his movement is almost similar to Vardy when he started to shine after his first season, Barnes can be the striker we’ve been wishing we had !

If the media is to believed we may well become Newcastle's feeder club - with Youri, Madders and Barnes all being linked with a move.

Depressing stuff I know but hopefully talk like this can drive up the price of Madders if he is (as expected) to go.  

With Barnes, when we stay up ;), I would hope we can extend his contract (expires 2025) but if he doesn't show he wants to commit again we need to get top dollar and rinse the Geordies and finance our re-build.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

He'll enjoy playing in this set up.

Daka’s obviously not a winger and his movement reflected that. Barnes would have been in his element with space wide of and behind Semedo.

Barnes has barely created anything this season which will change (I think and hope).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Daka’s obviously not a winger and his movement reflected that. Barnes would have been in his element with space wide of and behind Semedo.

Barnes has barely created anything this season which will change (I think and hope).

He's done well for goals but very odd a player who got 10 PL assists last season has only 1 this season.

54 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Loves a goal against Leeds

Scored in all 5 games against them so far since Leeds came up

Also scored against them for West Brom in 18/19

His performance for West Brom against them was unreal, I remember watching it. Think he got a goal and 2 assists or 2 assists and a goal, either way he was dynamite.

Edited to say I just checked and he scored but wasn't credited with any assists so I dunno what game I'm mixing up.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

He's done well for goals but very odd a player who got 10 PL assists last season has only 1 this season.

He’s often overperfomrd his xA, a lot of his assists are to great finishes.

Its odd because he has the ability to create more 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...