Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

One of his worst games for us today? 

Shite, when you need your better players to step up at times like this and they go on to play like that, is terribly annoying. 

Apart from the penalty, can't think of anything productive he did. For a winger, that's poor. 

• Like 2

One peice of play that sums up how infuriating Barnes can be for me was Thomas having the ball out wide with (shock) nobody to play it forward to because Barnes had decided as per to go into the middle of the pitch and give zero support. So soumare comes out, gets the ball and plays it inside to where Soumare himself should be, but it's Barnes in centre mid who proceeds to play the worst pass I've ever seen. 

He's got so much potential as a winger. PLAY ON THE WING. 

• Like 1

He’s either really good or really bad. Probably why no one has took him from us. 

We have to play him as we literally have no other attacking outlet with real pace. Teams fear his pace which is why he’s normally doubled up on

• Like 2

Games like that are the reason is he still with us and not at a top team. looking at his Stats you would put him up there as one of the league's best wingers. 

But my god he is frustrating.and tonight is as bad as I've seen him. Offered nothing and left Thomas out to to dry 3 or 4 times. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Halfy Barnes. Everything he does is half hearted and I despise his lack of commitment. 

We know he can play well. It’s just that when we really need him to, he invariably doesn’t.

Talented but unreliable and mentally and physically frail. So, not ideal for a relegation scrap.

All the morons out again. Yes he blows hot and cold but been our best player this year. Won the pen yesterday and not helped by not having the 1-2 ball on cos Thomas was playing

anyone who thinks he shouldn’t be playing needs head checked

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, eblair said:

All the morons out again. Yes he blows hot and cold but been our best player this year. Won the pen yesterday and not helped by not having the 1-2 ball on cos Thomas was playing

I think the issue is there's no inbetween with him. He's either very good or very bad. 

I'm not a huge fan of Luke Thomas but you cannot blame him for last night. He doesn't make Barnes run half arsed about the pitch all game. He was dreadful and should be rightly called out. 

I feel for anyone who plays in the left back position because Barnes doesn't track back, which means they are consistently left 2 v 1. That's fine if at the other end of the pitch you justify it...just like Simpson & Mahrez.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It's clear he's another who doesn't have the mentality to perform in high pressure games, but he was up there with Vardy for a tap in for 3-1 if Vardy saw the pass.

Yh he could easily have walked away with a goal, assist and pen won last night, if vardy had squared it or scored the header off his scuffed shot.

The issue with Barnes is that he doesnt track back, so when he doesnt get the goals and assists it feels like he hasnt contributed to the side.

He has to play for the rest of the season as he's one of our only players who knows how to get into goal scoring positions but if we can get good money for him over the summer we should probably sell due to his workrate.

2 hours ago, eblair said:

Nobody has said he shouldn’t be playing. 

He hasn’t been our best player this season. He has a couple of good games, a run of bad performances, couple of good games again.

Edited by Fox92