Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I've never thought he was soft tbh... soft is Luke Thomas I think Barnes is quite aggressive and its probably due to the injury with not going in 110% into some challenges. 

He does seem to go missing some games though like last night.

He is softer than marshmallow, scared to go in 50/50, never win a tussle or in the air. Vardy is not as tall as him but wins more headers. Luke Thomas least put his head on the ball and won a few tackles 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Topman said:

He is softer than marshmallow, scared to go in 50/50, never win a tussle or in the air. Vardy is not as tall as him but wins more headers. Luke Thomas least put his head on the ball and won a few tackles 

Come to think of it I am sure both against Leeds and Everton he got smashed fairly early on then disappeared from then on . 

is it fair to say anyone who was good under rodgers has been poor and the poor players under him are now doing well.  The average remain average. 

Maybe it’s time for vesty and bertrand 😂

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Topman said:

Good job we aren’t targeting goal kicks towards him eh!

I know I’m a minority but I can’t stand him as a player. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Hammo said:

We know he can play well. It’s just that when we really need him to, he invariably doesn’t.

Talented but unreliable and mentally and physically frail. So, not ideal for a relegation scrap.

...tends to like linking up with Nacho, it is allows him to beat his defender with give and go!!!

Putting him in motion with the ball at as feet, he can be a weapon but he does struggle playing from a standing position. 

He's not the most inventive player in the world so needs the right service, giving him the ball in deep areas just doesn't work. Get him in space 1 v 1 with the fullback and they struggle to stop him

He is our leading goal scorer, so even though he is one of our many recent "phantom wingers " it doesn't really matter. He has to score goals because if he doesn't , there is no real purpose to him. Every time he scores Foxestalk switches from calling him crap to saying how great he is. Its almost funny . He is what he is , he won't change now , but as long as he keeps scoring, we need him.

• Like 1

I think the problem we have collectively as a team is how many of them are good on their day but how many of them can't be relied on for a 6/7 out of 10. It's why we're such a hard fix. We need a couple more reliable consistent players. Barnes is guilty.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think the problem we have collectively as a team is how many of them are good on their day but how many of them can't be relied on for a 6/7 out of 10. It's why we're such a hard fix. We need a couple more reliable consistent players. Barnes is guilty.

You are right that a lot of our first XI have been inconsistent for the last 12 mths or more.

In part that reflects our recruitment problems and we don’t have a bench putting pressure on those in the 1st team. With Barnes we had Lookman pressing for his place and we decided we didn’t have €12m to bring him in permanently.

For the remaining games where we need results, based on lack of alternatives and his potential goal / assist stats, you have got to play Barnes.

Edited by JimmyC74

14 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

You are right that a lot of our first XI have been inconsistent for the last 12 mths or more.

In part that reflects our recruitment problems and we don’t have a bench putting pressure on those in the 1st team. With Barnes we had Lookman pressing for his place and we decided we didn’t have €12m to bring him in permanently.

For the remaining games where we need results, based on lack of alternatives and his potential goal / assist stats, you have got to play Barnes.

It depends, is Barnes fully fit/not going to bottle 50/50’s?

As whilst I would normally agree with him having to play, a different stat would be we’ve only won one in twelve - that win was without Barnes.

If we’re more combative and have a setup that Smith likes that doesn’t involve Barnes (to start) then I’m all for it at this stage of the season.

On 03/05/2023 at 12:05, Stadt said:

He's not the most inventive player in the world so needs the right service, giving him the ball in deep areas just doesn't work. Get him in space 1 v 1 with the fullback and they struggle to stop him

He constantly gets his full back 1 v 1 but he bottles it. All his success, well twice, against Everton was when he went outside his fullback and crossed with his left but he has many more opportunities where it doesn’t look like he wants to take his man on. Barnes ain’t skilful but he would be a nightmare for fullbacks if he made his mind up early and ran at his guy with his pace and power.

• Like 1

Harvey Barnes could leave Leicester this summer amid interest from Tottenham and Aston Villa, with the £60million-rated winger yet to discuss extension terms on a contract that runs until 2025
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12047605/Harvey-Barnes-leave-Leicester-summer-amid-Tottenham-Aston-Villa.html

written by a Leicester fan?🧐

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Harvey Barnes could leave Leicester this summer amid interest from Tottenham and Aston Villa, with the £60million-rated winger yet to discuss extension terms on a contract that runs until 2025
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12047605/Harvey-Barnes-leave-Leicester-summer-amid-Tottenham-Aston-Villa.html

written by a Leicester fan?🧐

Cash in and don't fall foul or holding out for an unreasonable amount. Can't risk continually losing player on the cheap.

• Like 2

The Chap I have got to know who scouts for Villa has Said that Barnes is on his way to Villa in the summer, I said they’ll be disappointed he’s been on real poor form of late his reply was maybe the move to Villa has turned his head ?

Well if it is for £60m as stated in places that’ll be a good price for Barnes !

10 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

The Chap I have got to know who scouts for Villa has Said that Barnes is on his way to Villa in the summer, I said they’ll be disappointed he’s been on real poor form of late his reply was maybe the move to Villa has turned his head ?

Move to villa turn his head? I can understand a big club but Villa were shite for most of the season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Villa turned his head 🤣. Christ I know we have had a bad season and Villa have picked up under Emery but I highly doubt our players would be desperate to join Villa. If it was a big 6 + Newcastle club then fair enough but I really can't see players being desperate to join Villa 🤣

We really better stay up it will piss me off no end seeing our key players wearing newcastle or villa shirts!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We really better stay up it will piss me off no end seeing our key players wearing newcastle or villa shirts!

Agreed. Fair certain we'll lose a number anyway (some guaranteed exits we all know about), but even if we get more leaving than we'd like, staying up should get us top dollar to replace them properly. 

Let's hope our scouting team (or what's left of what it once was) can find some of their magic and unearth some gems now were in the post Brendan era.