Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cruzFOX

England :(

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

This game was a chance to prove,the chosen players were ready to step up...

we played Delph..:dunno:

Playing from the back was not the problem....it was 2 idiotic mistakes that,we shouldn't see from any Player at the top level

Our whole style mentality when having the ball,there was no midfielder,demanding  the ball..

We are trying to play too clever when near the opposition box....

Walker can't think..!!!

The team can't hold and play 1-2s or triangle of players...The Dutch were far more cosy with & on the ball.

Ali,is not the midfield wonder we expected...in fact he's had 3 seasons standing still.He is non creative.

I have criticised Sterling/Kane/Rashford, but they have no talented midfielder to link with,this lack of midfield talent,will also

Strangle Sancho potential for England..!!!

Our own Chilwell & Maguire were failed,because of lack of movement from midfield..tho' Chilli had some good runs and crosses,but faded

Due to lack of ballplaying support.  We need our young players,who can play football ....Winks/ Maddison/Fadon/Alexander-arnold/Gomez

There are 4 players that could change our method & fumbling ethos attitude...

Yeah, but were there any negatives from our performance ? 

• Haha 1

Maddison would have been better in midfield that the reserves from Chelsea and Man City.  Although he often plays further forward, he probably would have dropped back and demanded the ball.  The defenders may have had an outlet.

But one of the defenders, the pirouhetting Stones, is out of practice as another

Lingard played quite well even though he's a Manure reserve.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

This game was a chance to prove,the chosen players were ready to step up...

we played Delph..:dunno:

Playing from the back was not the problem....it was 2 idiotic mistakes that,we shouldn't see from any Player at the top level

Our whole style mentality when having the ball,there was no midfielder,demanding  the ball..

We are trying to play too clever when near the opposition box....

Walker can't think..!!!

The team can't hold and play 1-2s or triangle of players...The Dutch were far more cosy with & on the ball.

Ali,is not the midfield wonder we expected...in fact he's had 3 seasons standing still.He is non creative.

I have criticised Sterling/Kane/Rashford, but they have no talented midfielder to link with,this lack of midfield talent,will also

Strangle Sancho potential for England..!!!

Our own Chilwell & Maguire were failed because of lack of movement from midfield..tho' Chilli had some good runs and crosses,but faded,then looked

Like his runs could still turn it!!!

Due to lack of ballplaying support.  We need Winks/ Maddison/Fadon/Arnold./Gomez.

Ross Barkley falls over too much,and can't make the ball his!!! He can't think when moving forward or backwards,Like Ali,he looks promising,but can't convert

Potential promise. The Dutch have changed their fortunes,over 2 years,and can now again move the ball,has individuals & has a team,we are too damn slow.

The English players are too concerned,about their plastic value,than actually doing their duty and learn & keep to the basics of loving football..!!!

After moving to Man.city.Walker hasn't developed his strength,like Barkley,Ali,Sterling....his bustling and occasional front foot drives forward are not committed

Or regular enough...too much promise to deceive.....

I would add Ruben Loftus-Cheek when fit..and grelish.  Souihgate need to turf half of theme out and bring in players with the potential to be world class players... out: walker, rose, stones, delph, Berkeley, alli, Henderson, dier etc

I know that southgate is on message for the fa - but he is a leader?  I have no idea... and that's his problem

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I would add Ruben Loftus-Cheek when fit..and grelish.  Souihgate need to turf half of theme out and bring in players with the potential to be world class players... out: walker, rose, stones, delph, Berkeley, alli, Henderson, dier etc

I know that southgate is on message for the fa - but he is a leader?  I have no idea... and that's his problem

You'd take Henderson out of the squad? I get it's been fashionable for a while to say he's turd, but he offers a good balance in the middle and we missed him as much as anyone last night. A 3 of him and 2 of Foden/RLC/Maddison would provide a great link.

Agree with Dier and Alli, they've had so many chances and offer nothing. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

On the plus side, no one will want to buy Maguire :thumbup:

Though Chilwell was arguably England's best player. :ph34r:

Have to agree. Thought the only player to come out of the match with any credit was Chilwell. The others were bang average at best. Hard to have opinion on Rashford overall as he went off, but decent pen. 

Just so predictable from the moment we scored. We sat back created very little put ourselves under so much unnecessary pressure by constantly going backwards. Stones Maguire and Walker were all having poor games fortunately so were Depay and Babel and some of the other Dutch players. 

We were fortunate to score and did nothing to change the momentum of the game. It reminded me of many games under Puel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Yup RLC is now,another player we should be pushing to the forefront...obviously for all injuries permitting...

Southgate stays my man,until his selection goes haywire,over a competition run...I reckon he does see more,those guys earnt their chance but they haven't

upped our standard since Wcup..Henderson can still bring a good old eye to the squad,so I would keep him...

Southgate tenure or prominence can only be tested....after a decent period of time.

There is no them or is in choice,this coming season and next will prove

if he can pull some new p!ayers through,prove he his own Man,and sacrifice the big names when off form...

We lost last night,because of 3-5 big individual mistakes...even though we didn't put in a performance the tournament desired. If it wasn't for those " buffoon-mistakes,we could still of been playing in this weekend Final. Our defence held well despite pressure...but Stones should now be "rested" for 3-4 games..

Gomez and maybe a.n.other,should get a run ..!!

Stop playing an holding game,but start to be creative and let's see some balanced playing arrogance & discipline

The Dutch were behind us in developement,now after the Win they have overtaken us on squad-rebuild...but Southgate can influence that,and with the younger

groups coming through,he could push the D.Alis/Barkleys out before they become expected selections...AND put them in the holding paddocks..!!!

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Just so predictable from the moment we scored. We sat back created very little put ourselves under so much unnecessary pressure by constantly going backwards. Stones Maguire and Walker were all having poor games fortunately so were Depay and Babel and some of the other Dutch players. 

We were fortunate to score and did nothing to change the momentum of the game. It reminded me of many games under Puel.

I said to my wife around the 65 minute mark, that it was like watching a Claude Puel Leicester performance. 

You can tell that the team has some ability, however we’re attempting to “not lose”.

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

On the plus side, no one will want to buy Maguire :thumbup:

Though Chilwell was arguably England's best player. :ph34r:

glad someone else thought chilwell played alright. i thought he was probably the only one defensively, bar pickford, who didn’t deserve a hammering. but then i went on twitter and everyone was saying how bad he was and how we would’ve obviously won if luke shaw was playing. 

crazy stuff. 

They’re shit, Southgate is also shit and the World Cup performances, most of which were against feeble opposition has installed a false sense of hope into the nation. England are a completely bang average national side and when pitched against a decent team crumble. You don’t do well in international competitions picking the likes of Delph. Leaving players like Maddison in the reserve set ups is laughable, and deciding to take the likes of Barkley? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

You'd take Henderson out of the squad? I get it's been fashionable for a while to say he's turd, but he offers a good balance in the middle and we missed him as much as anyone last night. A 3 of him and 2 of Foden/RLC/Maddison would provide a great link.

Agree with Dier and Alli, they've had so many chances and offer nothing. 

They won't get dropped because of the captain. I don't think Southgate is strong enough at times. We need a new generation approach now.

20 hours ago, majaco said:

Maddison would have been better in midfield that the reserves from Chelsea and Man City.  Although he often plays further forward, he probably would have dropped back and demanded the ball.  The defenders may have had an outlet.

But one of the defenders, the pirouhetting Stones, is out of practice as another

Lingard played quite well even though he's a Manure reserve.

I agree, and Southgate hasn't picked Maddison despite his decent form this season. 

I wonder if Southgate is looking longer term and has selected Maddison in the U21s so that he gets experience of a summer international tournament as he's not actually had a great deal of international experience. That might prove fruitful when he's selected in the squad for the Euro Finals next summer! 

Either that or Southgate just cocked it up. At least it's highlighted that the midfield needs a much better selection. Winks, Foden, Maddison, Rice all offer that. 

All good points from everyone - after the initial feeling of disappointment I’m gonna give southgate the benefit of doubt and hope he learns something from this and puts together the very best England team for the Euros.

work on the defensive frailties and toughen up

Really hopeful for our young leicester lads improving even more and become solid England players.

heres to hoping the England women’s team get to the finals of the WWC in France and show the men how it’s done (stones better be watching he could learn a thing or two)

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the break between the end of the season and this game. Getting back to full speed after not playing for three weeks is very difficult. I think it was borne out in the Champions League final which was of dreadful quality in my opinion. 

18 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

glad someone else thought chilwell played alright. i thought he was probably the only one defensively, bar pickford, who didn’t deserve a hammering. but then i went on twitter and everyone was saying how bad he was and how we would’ve obviously won if luke shaw was playing. 

crazy stuff. 

God knows who you follow. Chilwell was the only defender who didn't have a shocker.