Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cruzFOX

England :(

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

God knows who you follow. Chilwell was the only defender who didn't have a shocker.

I find that social media, collectively, doesn’t rate our England lads at all. It’s weird. 

Although in saying that I’ve got a lad on my Twitter who was born and raised in Nottingham, closet Man United fan, supports Newcastle (a bit too) vocally “because Shearer was a legend” and his dad is an Inter Milan fan (buys the tops to watch the games on telly, he’s never been to Italy) who constantly gives Maguire shit, but swears blind that Longstaff should be in the England set up because he’s the best young player around. So that tells you what I’m up against on my feed. 

52 minutes ago, Manini said:

I find that social media, collectively, doesn’t rate our England lads at all. It’s weird. 

Although in saying that I’ve got a lad on my Twitter who was born and raised in Nottingham, closet Man United fan, supports Newcastle (a bit too) vocally “because Shearer was a legend” and his dad is an Inter Milan fan (buys the tops to watch the games on telly, he’s never been to Italy) who constantly gives Maguire shit, but swears blind that Longstaff should be in the England set up because he’s the best young player around. So that tells you what I’m up against on my feed. 

I’ve never done social media, but isn’t there a way of blocking that kind of bullshit?

1 minute ago, Nickfosse said:

I’ve never done social media, but isn’t there a way of blocking that kind of bullshit?

Yeah, but that would be boring wouldn’t it? It’s funny to read some of his meltdowns, even funnier that he tries to tweet lyrics to Newcastle chants and gets the words wrong lol he’s a mate at the end of the day no need to take it too seriously is there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Yeah, but that would be boring wouldn’t it? It’s funny to read some of his meltdowns, even funnier that he tries to tweet lyrics to Newcastle chants and gets the words wrong lol he’s a mate at the end of the day no need to take it too seriously is there. 

Absolutely, didn’t realise he was a mate. Thought it was just some random twat ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I think a lot of the time it's because people naturally will go against the grain, so if someone's getting talked up a lot, people will look for reasons to put them down and if someone's being put down a lot, people will look for reasons to talk them up.

With England players this happens in the extreme on both sides. Maguire gets talked up massively so people then react by claiming he's shit. He's clearly not shit, he's just not quite as good as made out by a lot of people, but he's also nowhere near as bad as those in response are saying either. The truth is rarely too far away from the middle.

On the flip side I see loads of people saying Maddison should be in the squad, and I do agree with them.