Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884FoxInTheBox

Man Utd "buying Leicester City's entire midfield"

5 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Problem at Utd is Ferguson's influence. He is still in the background and overshadows them. 

I've always thought this - its akin to your new girlfriend's billionaire handsome ex-boyfriend still sharing a house with her. "Oh him? Don't worry about him, he'll stay out of our relationship." As if. Replacing a legend is a lot harder when the legend is still around. The eggshells that need to be walked there because of Ferguson handcuff all his successors in various ways - especially when intangible things like 'club culture' and 'the Man U way' get brought up. It's all just a bludgeon to keep any substantive progress from happening. Even OGS who I generally like talks about 'the boss' in a tiptoe manner - ultimately who does he answer to? anyone who's ever worked under multiple managers in any job can attest to the additional strain and counterproductivity it can bring.

If Sir Alex really cared for the club, he'd leave his active role. Let them move on fully and completely. I don't expect that to happen. But hey, implosions are great spectacle when they happen to other clubs. 

To add, the Glazers have their own set of issues, but I think a lot of Man U supporters lump SAF problems to them because they are an easier punching bag. 

Edited by knitro
  • Like 1

On 19/06/2019 at 21:58, StevieB said:

Why any player would go there right now is beyond me. Other than money, huge club or not. They are trending on twitter the stadium is falling apart, people are sending videos in of people chanting glazers out and its trending 

Screenshot_20190619-215602.jpg

full of optimism and looking forward to the new season :giggle:

• Like 1

The problem with Man utd is that they think that they can be at the top all the time, they think they are a celtic and have glory every season. And when they don't achieve that there fans can't take it. 

They need to understand nothing lasts forever and achievements come in cycles. Just like what Liverpool are achieving now. 

Edited by Crispin LA
  • Like 1