Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Martin O'Neill sacked

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Barbados Bucey ...  didn't want to mention the place as you know how my little jaunts seem to wind people up ..   no idea why ...   :)

If it winds people up, all the more reason to mention it as much as possible! :D

Now that Martin has time on his hands, perhaps you and he could release a cover version of this great 70s hit as a duet:

It was inevitable. The game has moved on, he's pushing 70 and I wonder, sadly, whether his time as a manager might be nearing its end. He'll always be a legend here. 

Forest, well... I don't really feel any ill will toward them, TBH. They're just irrelevant. I don't care enough.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Good, can fully want Forest to fail again!!!

It's sad to see what M'ON has become really - a dinosaur TBH, he'll always be a legend here but I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near the manager's role now.

Totally agree. I know it's been said a million time but is true, once John Robertson retired he was never as effective. A disaster at Sunderland, rubbish for Ireland and hopeless at Forest. Unfortunately he has become a dinosaur and times have changed. Time to call it a day before his legacy is completely knackered.

50 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

If it winds people up, all the more reason to mention it as much as possible! :D

Now that Martin has time on his hands, perhaps you and he could release a cover version of this great 70s hit as a duet:

Nice idea Alf ...  but what a sh1t song !!!! ...   :D

Regards where I was ...   I had to cough cus you know what Buceys like ...   a bloody dog with a bone ! ...   and if you don't tell him he'll set all his son-lovers on you ...   :)

• Like 1

Have to smile whenever an experienced manager gets the sack and gets called a *dinosaur* or *the modern game* gets mentioned. Martin is younger than Claudio but most people ended up glad we employed that *dinosaur*. The reason most managers get sacked is because the players ain't good enough. You can lead a horse to the water and all that......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Have to smile whenever an experienced manager gets the sack and gets called a *dinosaur* or *the modern game* gets mentioned. Martin is younger than Claudio but most people ended up glad we employed that *dinosaur*. The reason most managers get sacked is because the players ain't good enough. You can lead a horse to the water and all that......

I think it may be more to do with tactics and so on with people using the term dinosaur you could place tony pulis and Sam aladayrce in that category as well 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think it may be more to do with tactics and so on with people using the term dinosaur you could place tony pulis and Sam aladayrce in that category as well 

Think you’ll find there are a plenty of younger managers that take the no risk strategy when they have average players to select from. Could always go down the Ady Boothroyd route if *pure football* is your tipple.  Point taken though.

Edited by l444ry

6 minutes ago, Monk said:

What a cretinous football club. The fans must wonder when they’ll ever see some stability again. 

But a decent sized portion of their idiotic fans don't wonder or wish for anything. 

They have a total almost superhuman belief that they, and they alone, are doing the right thing. A total, unshakable belief in themselves.

It's staggering. There must be a clinical word for it.

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Seems like a mess of a club for 10   20 years now.

It's becoming embarrassing for them; especially with them having a billionaire owner who left (Hawasi), to be replaced with some fat Greek businessman who appears to corrupt as businessmen can be..

Fixed

• Like 1

Been treated quite poorly here I think, not even given the summer. Sadly I think this is the end of MON, can't see him returning to management now this was his last chance to redeem himself after two bad jobs. Sad really as we all know what MON is capable of.