Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Justin Signs

25 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Ricardo is honestly so good that he is probably our best winger too😂

So true. It is unbelievable how good he is. He is good defensively and in passing the ball, but what I think sets him apart is his dribbling skills and decision making. I dont think any full back in this country is near his level in this regard. Look at Gray (even as an attacking winger/forward), he can dribble but his decision making is very suspect as we know.

We are lucky to have him and in a way good for us that the media seems to focus more on others, so hopefully he can stay for a few more seasons.

Edited by Tom12345

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

It could, but I’d prefer to keep one of the best right backs in the league where he’s best. 

I've been solidly in this camp, but if you tried to convince me Ricardo was our best winger you wouldn't have to work too hard.  Shouldn't get too excited about Justin's performance against terrible opposition, but if he's standing out in training I'be be curious to see Rodgers try it as a mid-game adjustment.

Let's be honest - Ricardo is probably the next big name to be sold.  He's established himself as one of the handful of best RBs around, and some very big fish is going to throw big money at him next summer.  That's why Justin was signed, let's not kid ourselves.

He has consistently been in beast mode since he arrived at the King Power. This is the best league in the world and he scores bangers and makes great assists but keeps getting over looked for a National call up. Not sure who plays right back for Portugal but long may he continue because as soon as Ricky Barbosa is 1st choice right back he is no longer ours. 

Soon as he breaks in to the Portuguese first ream Barca will come in with a huge bid. 

He is a likeable guy and seems to love the team so I would like to think he'll be here for a while yet

Edited by Gwyn

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

He's gone next summer, maybe close to 100 million.  I think you could make a case he's the best Leicester player since Kante left.  Wouldn't be shocked to see somebody like Barca or Bayern in on him - he's that good.

This.. 

But why is he overlooked by Portugal? 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbf they have two very good other options. Cancelo and Semedo. Playing for Man City and Barcelona respectively 

Thanks for that 👳

I think as long as them guys are ahead of him then we can keep him. He seems happy here

I know this is a thread about James Justin but I still can't get my head around Ricardo not getting in the Portugal squad, it's one of the biggest mysteries in football right now. Back to Justin though, i'm glad he got a game and is impressing the staff. Let's hope we give him a bit more game time as the season progresses.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

IMO he's wasted on the wing. 

Having him at full back lets him run from deeper in to a broken field, away from his designated marker where he causes all sorts of chaos. 

I remember someone a few years ago (might have been Carra with no sense of irony tbf) talking about full backs, joking that nobody grew up wanting to be Gary Neville. How they're failed centre backs or failed wingers. 

I think that's changing a lot as modern managers find new ways to get the best out of their full backs, a lot of teams get their creativity actively from them now. Look at Liverpool, their hard working defensive work horses are in the middle of the park, TAA and Robertson probably create more than they do. 

PSG's third against Real the other week was scored by both full backs breaking ahead of the attackers and linking up together 2v2, it was nuts. 

Ricardo isn't too good a winger to be wasted at full back, he's too good a full back to be wasted on the wing. 

Good post and backs up my thinking about Barnes being played on the right. Currently Ricardo offers us most of the width down the right as Perez drifts in a lot. This is fine but it also limits the amount of times Ricardo can go on one of his mazy runs where he cuts in on his left foot and pulls the opposition all over the place. I think Barnes relationship on the pitch with Chilwell is poor and his 2 goals so far for us have come from the right hand side, i'd love to see him and Ricardo team up and see what happens. It would free Ricardo up at times to be the one to roam which he is evidently very good at.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know this is a thread about James Justin but I still can't get my head around Ricardo not getting in the Portugal squad, it's one of the biggest mysteries in football right now. Back to Justin though, i'm glad he got a game and is impressing the staff. Let's hope we give him a bit more game time as the season progresses.

I'm convinced it's because of his perceived lack of physicality. Plenty of teams that come to our place have tried to expose him for that too, which IMO is one reason why his tackle rate is so high. 

It's probably very good for us he doesn't get into their team. Every other fan I know rates Win-Bissaka above Ricardo. Good I say! Let them think that whilst we know we have the best / 2nd best RB in the league. After all we were dead wrong when we said Kante, Mahrez, Vardy were very good as well right? :whistle: 

The only fear is you hope he doesn't end up leaving to get a place in their team, but seeing as he was called up for the World Cup with them I don't think it's a case of them not knowing about him, but rather rating their other players ahead of him. He did make a big mistake against Uruguay at the last world cup which might have influenced their manager's opinion of him.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm convinced it's because of his perceived lack of physicality. Plenty of teams that come to our place have tried to expose him for that too, which IMO is one reason why his tackle rate is so high. 

It's probably very good for us he doesn't get into their team. Every other fan I know rates Win-Bissaka above Ricardo. Good I say! Let them think that whilst we know we have the best / 2nd best RB in the league. After all we were dead wrong when we said Kante, Mahrez, Vardy were very good as well right? :whistle: 

The only fear is you hope he doesn't end up leaving to get a place in their team, but seeing as he was called up for the World Cup with them I don't think it's a case of them not knowing about him, but rather rating their other players ahead of him. He did make a big mistake against Uruguay at the last world cup which might have influenced their manager's opinion of him.

Yes, that's a real possibility. He has alluded to the frustration in a number of interviews in the last year, but hopefully he sees the bigger picture and a move isn't necessarily going to fix that.

• 2 weeks later...