Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Perez a starter. He is quality. You wait until you see the guy playing in person week in week out. Very very exciting. Absolute class act 

Is this having an effect on the expected winger/wide attacker? Maybe they will not so needed?

20 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Perez a starter. He is quality. You wait until you see the guy playing in person week in week out. Very very exciting. Absolute class act 

Haha I've watched him enough for Newcastle to have massive reservations. I do like that he's a grafter and absolutely improves our squad options, can't say I've ever watched him play and thought "wow, how's he not playing for a top 6 team". I think before the end of September Barnes will be ahead of Perez in the pecking order. Happy to be quoted in 2 months :D 

31 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha I've watched him enough for Newcastle to have massive reservations. I do like that he's a grafter and absolutely improves our squad options, can't say I've ever watched him play and thought "wow, how's he not playing for a top 6 team". I think before the end of September Barnes will be ahead of Perez in the pecking order. Happy to be quoted in 2 months :D 

If he is, he will be on fire! Win win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Anyone would think you wrote this after the half he’s just had not an hour ago. Spot on mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Where did you get that from?

It’s been quoted in a few places today.

Apparently from Mark Overmars, staying Arsenal should sign him.

Not going to lie, I thought it was odd, as he’s the DoF at Ajax, so surely you’d keep a small release fee quiet?!? ...... or am I missing something? 

Any new winger that comes in now will be replacing Barnes in the starting 11 imo. Perez was absolutely unbelievable today, there's no way he's not starting regularly. 

That kind of opens up the options as Perez looked comfortable on the right or the left. As others have said before, a Gray-Fraser swap deal could be very interesting with Fraser's contract situation. Imagine... 

Fraser          Vardy          Perez

Maddison    Tielemans

Ndidi

With Barnes available off the bench with 20/30 mins to go. Frightening! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

It’s been quoted in a few places today.

Apparently from Mark Overmars, staying Arsenal should sign him.

Not going to lie, I thought it was odd, as he’s the DoF at Ajax, so surely you’d keep a small release fee quiet?!? ...... or am I missing something? 

I can’t find  anything on that release clause from any credible source.

But if true surprised many clubs aren’t offering that. Even if he flops you ain’t gonna lose much, if anything. Makes me think it might not be accurate.

Saw £31.5 million release clause reported by Sky which is still value for money in this market.

• Like 1

I still think Ziyech would be class. He is headed for big things, be nice if, on the way, he played for us for a few seasons. Got to be worth a punt. Not likely to lose money on him. Win win - IF he’d come

Edited by ARM1968

10 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Any new winger that comes in now will be replacing Barnes in the starting 11 imo. Perez was absolutely unbelievable today, there's no way he's not starting regularly. 

That kind of opens up the options as Perez looked comfortable on the right or the left. As others have said before, a Gray-Fraser swap deal could be very interesting with Fraser's contract situation. Imagine... 

Fraser          Vardy          Perez

Maddison    Tielemans

Ndidi

With Barnes available off the bench with 20/30 mins to go. Frightening! 

Surely Bournemouth wouldn't be daft enough to swap Gray for Fraser, that would be an almighty mugging off!  I realise Fraser only has a year to go on his deal so that might sway things but he's probably more valuable to them seeing out that last season, her'd probably contribute more in terms of goals and assists in that single season than Gray would over 4 lol!

53 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I can’t believe it’s Townsend ffs so much for a Mahrez replacement 

I think this is the problem, we keep looking for a Mahrez replacement and there isn't one. I am not even sure that the team we have and the way that BR intends to play actually needs one. Can Perez, Maddison + A N Other provide the goals and assists that we lost with Mahrez's departure.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric Flair's £30-35m Wingers List

1) Brais Mendez (£22m release clause :thumbup:

2) Samuel Chukwueze Too early for this move?

3) Ismaila Sarr :thumbup: but lots of competition

4) Hakim Ziyech (rumoured 35m euro release clause) :nono: not for me

5) Suso (36m euro release clause) Was knickers at Pool, but young at that point, tore up Serie A I believe tho, so :dunno:

6) Robert Skov :thumbup:

7) Andreas Skov Olsen :thumbup:

8) Mikel Oyarzabal More of a left winger? Could impact Barnes

9) Florian Thauvin injured

10) Maxwell Cornet :dunno:

11) Steven Bergwijn :dunno:

12) Yannick Carrasco :thumbup:

13) Bertrand Traore :unsure:

14) Bruma More of a left winger? Could impact Barnes

15) Malcom God no

Then there's slightly less attainable players that would cost around the £35-50m which I personally think would be worth pushing the boat out for once we sell Maguire. Some may not fancy the gig, but it's Brendan we are talking about in charge, players won't stand a chance of not wanting it.

16) Hirving Lozano

17) Ante Rebic

18) Leon Bailey

19) David Neres

20) Cengiz Under

Thanks for the list @Ric Flair

All the above could suffer from adaption issues, but thats just something we would have to cope with.

Those in the bottom mega signing section could be good, but would any of them come? And hasn`t Bailey turned to poo?

What about Perez’s mate Almiron? 

This might seem like a crazy idea because he hasn’t registered a goal or assist yet in 763 minutes. Maybe it’s a situation similar to Barnes in the sense he’s still adapting to the league.

However Newcastle fans seem to think he’s a big reason for Perez’s goal record due to his pace & movement. (Perez scored 9 goals after Almiron joined). 

He could be a diamond in the rough ready to explode.. I seem to remember Riyad having a difficult 14/15 season, but the talent was always there and maybe it’s the same for Almiron.

It’s a risk but he’s left footed, will probably cost 30-40m at most and has the potential.

@Ric Flair does Almiron make it onto your wingers list? :ph34r:

Great list that @Ric Flair. Out of that list, sarr or chukwesze would fit our recent youth policy with room to grow and progress and would add that x Factor that we are missing down the flanks. 

The interesting one is Mendez, just because he is very hardworking, can play in the centre or out wide and wondering whether he could be an option instead of praet if required. Would then give us a whole load of options if we looked at him as the 8 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thanks for the list @Ric Flair

All the above could suffer from adaption issues, but thats just something we would have to cope with.

Those in the bottom mega signing section could be good, but would any of them come? And hasn`t Bailey turned to poo?

Bailey had a mediocre season by his standards but he still got 5 goals and 5 assists in 29 games, think Mahrez of 16/17 or Hazard in 15/16 and you realise mercurial players can easily have poor seasons but it obviously shouldn't be ignored.

Chukwueze is the one that I think we should take the gamble on as he will hit more goals and assists next season and then will be bandied about like Nicholas Pepe, if we stand any chance it's right now whilst he is still raw. Cornet at Lyon is another one who is about to go BANG.

22 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Great list that @Ric Flair. Out of that list, sarr or chukwesze would fit our recent youth policy with room to grow and progress and would add that x Factor that we are missing down the flanks. 

The interesting one is Mendez, just because he is very hardworking, can play in the centre or out wide and wondering whether he could be an option instead of praet if required. Would then give us a whole load of options if we looked at him as the 8 

Mendez is very much like Ziyech in he could play in 4-3-3 much deeper or then out wide or as a dual number 8. I think given we are supposedly after Dennis Praet he is the sort of player that should we only be looking for one more attacking midfielder that he would tick all the boxes.

21 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I'm disappointed we haven't heard Brais Mendez' name this summer very much.  I think he would be a spectacular signing.

I can only assume it's due to the injury problems he seemed to have towards the end of last season, I've not heard much on it since but think at the time he was ruled out for a few months? I might be wrong though.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Chukwueze would be the guy I'd go for.

20 years old with serious potential and I'm sure Wilf can put a good word in his ear.

Yeah, Chukwueze looks a beast in the making, likewise Ismaila Sarr IMO.

• Like 1