Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

I don't know if it's just coincidence but the clubs social media have been hammering pictures/tweets with Paul Gallagher in them recently. Wonder if he's with the club in some kind of coaching capacity (or due to be). It'd be mad weird considering we don't have a manager currently, mind lol

53 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't know if it's just coincidence but the clubs social media have been hammering pictures/tweets with Paul Gallagher in them recently. Wonder if he's with the club in some kind of coaching capacity (or due to be). It'd be mad weird considering we don't have a manager currently, mind lol

Well he's just left his role as Stoke 1st team coach so maybe. As you say though a bit odd though with no manager appointed yet.

In all fairness to the lad, he was a bit part player for us and given the fact they recalled him probably incorrectly thought he was going to get as much of a chance there as he was getting here.  People wouldn't have begrudged Barnes for leaving WBA during his loan there to come back to us. Though he'd obviously done a lot more for them than Cas had for us, I suspect when you get recalled from a loan early it's because you think the manager at your club is going to give you a chance.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, brucey said:

Casadei had a choice whether or not to go back to Chelsea in Jan and excitedly chose to leave, pissing off Enzo... He'll probably get frozen out now :giggle:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/loans-convinced-casadei-he-belonged-at-chelsea

‘They asked me if I was happy to come back and I said “yes” straight away because to come back here to Chelsea was my target. My goal was to be able to be here, to train every day in the first team.

‘I wasn’t really expecting the call – I was just doing my journey with Leicester and I was just trying to be focused on that and not think about other things. But when they called, I was really happy and really excited.’

I'm going to follow his career with interest. My feeling is that he will end up having an average one in an average team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

I'm going to follow his career with interest. My feeling is that he will end up having an average one in an average team.

I think he’ll move to Italy and have a really good career at a top Italian club. People on here will talk about him like he was the one who got away, and when he gets nominated for the ballon d’or others will be quick to forget everything he’s done successfully in the game and talk about how he was shit away at QPR 10 years ago.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, brucey said:

Casadei had a choice whether or not to go back to Chelsea in Jan and excitedly chose to leave, pissing off Enzo... He'll probably get frozen out now :giggle:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/loans-convinced-casadei-he-belonged-at-chelsea

‘They asked me if I was happy to come back and I said “yes” straight away because to come back here to Chelsea was my target. My goal was to be able to be here, to train every day in the first team.

‘I wasn’t really expecting the call – I was just doing my journey with Leicester and I was just trying to be focused on that and not think about other things. But when they called, I was really happy and really excited.’

An absolute rubbish footballer. Get some cream for your acne.

3 hours ago, hejammy said:

This for me, is one of the most cringiest posts lcfc have ever done. He's not one of our own and hardly did anything whilst he was there, that's poor. 

That’s the joke, I think.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hejammy said:

This for me, is one of the most cringiest posts lcfc have ever done. He's not one of our own and hardly did anything whilst he was there, that's poor. 

Did you not notice the wink emoji? Its just a joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Did you not notice the wink emoji? Its just a joke.

1 hour ago, Langston said:

That’s the joke, I think.

oh dear - yes I missed the wink emoji - still - shit joke :thumbdown:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hejammy said:

It's because the club and staff are populated by non - football fans who are unaffiliated to Leicester.

They know the phrase 'he's one of our own' and that it's important for some players. They don't know what it means or the context of it. 

Utterly soulless.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-leicester-city-midfielder-robbie-9349628

Former Leicester City midfielder Robbie Savage lands first-ever managerial role
Macclesfield have confirmed that they have parted ways with Michael Clegg with immediate effect and Robbie Savage will take over as manager

ByLeicestershire Live
21:29, 17 JUN 2024

Former Leicester City midfielder Robbie Savage has taken reins at Macclesfield as the new manager.

The 49-year-old, who has been serving as the Silkmen's Director of Football since 2020, has filled the managerial vacancy following Michael Clegg's recent mutual departure.

Clegg's tenure ended in February after Alex Bruce left for Salford City to become Karl Robinson's assistant. Macclesfield swiftly moved to secure 40 year old Bruce from Northern Premier League side Warrington Rylands.

Savage is set to on his managerial career, 13 years after hanging up his boots. On Monday, Macclesfield released a brief 55-word statement confirming Clegg's exit

"Macclesfield FC can confirm that Michael Clegg has left his role as First Team Manager by mutual consent this afternoon," read the statement. "We would like to thank Michael for all his efforts whilst at the Club and wish him well in the future. A further statement will be issued regarding our First Team management in due course."

Under Clegg's leadership, Rylands exceeded expectations, holding second place in the table for most of his full season in charge before making the move to Moss Rose. During his 16-match tenure with the Silkmen, he secured 11 victories and suffered five losses, including a 2-1 defeat at home to Marine in the Northern Premier League playoff final.

Macclesfield have already been active this summer, signing several high-calibre players from higher leagues - including Justin Johnson from Chorley and Elliott Whitehouse, formerly of Chester.

Since the phoenix club's inception, Macclesfield has achieved consecutive promotions from the North West Counties Premier Division and the Northern Premier League West. With Savage at the helm, they aim to secure promotion to the National League North next season, putting them just two promotions away from the Football League.

In that period, Macclesfield has seen six permanent managers, two of whom, Danny Whitaker and Mark Duffy, were dismissed. The appointment of the former United youth product will be their seventh since their reformation in 2020.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-leicester-city-midfielder-robbie-9349628

Clegg's tenure ended in February after Alex Bruce left for Salford City to become Karl Robinson's assistant. Macclesfield swiftly moved to secure 40 year old Bruce from Northern Premier League side Warrington Rylands.

:wes: