Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Come on, that goal at Cardiff? 

Am I really having to defend this?!

He scored the goal against Cardiff yes. 

The first goal after VS's death and indeed the first win was always going to be an important moment for us. The chance and goal fell to DG, he took it and celebrated appropriately. I'm sure any other player on the pitch would have shown similar respect if the moment was theirs. It just happened to be DG and was a moment of pure chance and circumstance. 

DG is just a player who had an over inflated sense of his own importance. A talent, yes, but it was largely wasted. He seemed more intent on moaning on social media than he did on working hard to win a place on the team. A rather sulky, miserable, figure who thought he should be in the England squad, but rarely even justified a place in his club side let alone the national team. 

Compare and contrast with Albrighton. A player of half the talent who works tirelessly to prove his worth and has the accolades to show for it.

"Important part of our history"? - b```ocks is he!! Yes, he scored the goal against Cardiff. It's just a shame the chance didn't fall to a player who was more deserving of the moment 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 4

Maybe he just likes to take control of the whole thing , the booking, picking the table, ordering etc. Some blokes will leave it all to their wives/partners, nowt wrong with that either.

Just now, davieG said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/situation-not-pleasant-aston-villa-signing-already-annoyed-emery-decisions-spoken-directly/

“Situation is not pleasant” – Aston Villa signing already annoyed with Emery decisions, spoken to him directly
By Thomas Coast -8th September 2023

Despite being a regular starter at Leicester City, Youri Tielemans felt it was time to change and ran down his contract, eventually signing for Aston Villa on a free.

Once a hero at the King Power Stadium, there was a feeling his level wasn’t quite the same as it once was, and while they would have understandably liked some money from a sale, his exit, which came after a relegation, isn’t something that is overly regretted by the Foxes.

What appears to be a regret, however, is Tielemans’ decision to sign for Aston Villa, as he’s already complaining about what’s happened since he arrived, as relayed by DH on Friday.

Speaking to the Belgian press while on international duty, the midfielder was asked about his first few months at the Birmingham based club.
While the answer was candid, there’s little to suggest his words will change matters at Aston Villa straight away, especially since Unai Emery knows all about it.

He said: “The situation is not pleasant. I told the manager that I came to Villa to play. He understands me, but at the moment, he prefers to play with the two midfielders from last season. He told me that soon, there will be a succession of games and I’ll get more playing time.

“I know that answer doesn’t get me anywhere, but what should I do? As soon as I get the opportunity, I want to take it. So far, I’ve started once, in the Conference League.”

That came in a formality of a game against Hibernian, as Aston Villa had already won the first leg 5-0 away, and were in no danger of failing to qualify for the European competition.

Elsewhere, he has played 93 minutes of football in the Premier League, all from the bench, and came on in the aforementioned victory in Scotland for the final 23 minutes of the rout.

Loan him back in January :)

I would suspect Villa have a case of buyers remorse. Even if it were a free transfer i’d wager they’ve given him 200k a week or close too it and every penny of it is going to be wasted. If they are lucky they can offload him to Saudi next summer. 

13 minutes ago, Dames said:

I would suspect Villa have a case of buyers remorse. Even if it were a free transfer i’d wager they’ve given him 200k a week or close too it and every penny of it is going to be wasted. If they are lucky they can offload him to Saudi next summer. 

Saudi will be all over that like Youri on a cupcake !