Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Honestly it's got to the point I actually feel sorry for him. The clown Southgate keeps picking him. He probably doesn't even want to play at the moment. Poor lad has become a meme! 

Didn't his move to West Ham only collapse because Maguire wanted Man U to pay him the remaining portion of his wages (the excess not covered by his lower WHU salary) upfront? Hard to feel sorry for him in that case

Edited by lfu
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, lfu said:

Didn't his move to West Ham only collapse because Maguire wanted Man U to pay him the remaining portion of his wages (the excess not covered by his lower WHU salary) upfront? Hard to feel sorry for him in that case

How is it? He's literally losing money, why should he act completely (economically) irrationally in order for you to consider him like you would another human?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Youri Tielemans in his usual place this season, on the bench for Belgium

Coming soon, the Tielemans merchandise range - The Youri Tielemans Tracksuit, bib and a winter range of heated cushion, gloves and woolly hat. To be fair it’s going to be a long season with lots of opportunities for him….putting out cones, collecting in cones, exciting card games on the bus, hosting stadium tours, a stint in the mascot costume….picking up a large salary without breaking into a sweat….like the previous 18 months.

• Haha 2

Good luck to Mendy! I’ve always liked that good lad. Still has lots to offer. Let’s see how he gets on in his new team.

as for Harry Maguire I literally call him Harry magoo now. It’s become comical and quite sad tbh. I’m even questioning if he was a good player for us! Please reassure me He was wasn’t he?

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-66805951

Oh dear, Harry's mum isn't happy that her precious little darling is taking some stick.

Are we really at the stage where you can't call a shit football player shit?

Think it has gone a bit beyond that. Turned into a bit of a witch-hunt. Any of his errors get pointed out way more than anyone else. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think it has gone a bit beyond that. Turned into a bit of a witch-hunt. Any of his errors get pointed out way more than anyone else. 

Just player devils advocate for a moment - he’s paid rather handsomely, and yes he’s getting stick at the moment. He’s also had periods of praise, such as during the World Cup in 2018.

Praise and criticism… isn’t it all part and parcel of a being a footballer on £100k+ per week in the public/media gaze? He also must admit that his performances aren’t great at the moment - his defending during the Ukraine goal recently was non league standard.

16 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Just player devils advocate for a moment - he’s paid rather handsomely, and yes he’s getting stick at the moment. He’s also had periods of praise, such as during the World Cup in 2018.

Praise and criticism… isn’t it all part and parcel of a being a footballer on £100k+ per week in the public/media gaze? He also must admit that his performances aren’t great at the moment - his defending during the Ukraine goal recently was non league standard.

Money doesn’t mean you have to put up with this. Median income in the world is <$10k, I guess you earn multiple times that and I guarantee you’d have a mental health anxiety meltdown if you received 0.0000000000001% of the abuse maguire gets in your workplace. He’s got balls of absolute steel to deal with the daily flak he gets for years now and still putting himself out there

On 12/09/2023 at 23:32, bmt said:

Ah I'm wrong then sorry for jumping the gun

No you were right. He wanted to be paid the rest of his wages that he wouldn't have been getting at West Ham. It's pretty standard. Considering the amount of money Man United have spunked in the past 10 years then I think that £6 million would have been money well spent for all parties.