Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

On 21/09/2023 at 21:33, Corky said:

I thought Emery might sharpen him up but clearly not. It should be a ridiculous scenario that he wouldn't get in our Championship team but he wouldn't, Winks offers a lot more.

I compare in my mind how often Winks receives the ball while under pressure to Youri. It's admittedly from Champ players but he knows where his pass is going before he gets the ball.

Then I recall Wolves goal against us at the KP. If you were an opposing manager you would be him as the player to target with a press.

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Lookman was a massive miss on our part.

We couldn’t buy him because we sold Fofana though before of FFP and he’d already gone by that point. Not sure it was a miss really so much as just not able to do it, it was wasting all that money the summer before on the likes of Daka and Soumare which was the mistake.

Edited by Sampson

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

We couldn’t buy him before we sold Fofana though before of FFP and he’d already gone by that point. Not sure it was a miss really so much as just not able to do it, it was wasting all that money the summer before on the likes of Daka and Soumare which was the mistake.

I read yesterday the boy Fofana is injured again and probably won't make it back this season. Seems he is another crock in the making.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Jonny Evans comments after the game for Utd are interesting - I wasn't consciously thinking I would sign [after getting the first call]. When you get to a certain age you start to wind down your career. I got the call and didn't have another option, so I just took it and tried to do my best in training and take my chance.

Just goes to show how little some of the players from last year really cared when our contract offer 'wasn't another option'. 

Evans wanted to stay but wasn’t offered an extension.

I know the subject of Barnes and his sale has been done to death, but this seems like the appropriate thread to chat about the 'what ifs'!

How many goals would he have so far this year playing Mavididi's role?!

I like Stephy and feel like he has huge potential, but it feels like he's had so many opportunities in those positions that you absolutely KNEW Barnes would score from.

We saw Barnes' finishing improve significantly whilst he was here - If Stephy can follow the same path we'd have a hell of a player as I feel there are elements to his game that are better than Barnes now - Just nowhere close when it comes to finishing...yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

I know the subject of Barnes and his sale has been done to death, but this seems like the appropriate thread to chat about the 'what ifs'!

How many goals would he have so far this year playing Mavididi's role?!

I like Stephy and feel like he has huge potential, but it feels like he's had so many opportunities in those positions that you absolutely KNEW Barnes would score from.

We saw Barnes' finishing improve significantly whilst he was here - If Stephy can follow the same path we'd have a hell of a player as I feel there are elements to his game that are better than Barnes now - Just nowhere close when it comes to finishing...yet.

I don’t think he’d get that many. Barnes principally beats his man with pace, and therefore requires a run on his man (not always of course). Mav beats his man with skill, and we need those types of wingers in this system imo. When games get stretched mostly late on I think having a pacey wide man like Barnes would be useful, but then again Mav isn’t exactly a snail.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dames said:

Jonny Evans comments after the game for Utd are interesting - I wasn't consciously thinking I would sign [after getting the first call]. When you get to a certain age you start to wind down your career. I got the call and didn't have another option, so I just took it and tried to do my best in training and take my chance.

Just goes to show how little some of the players from last year really cared when our contract offer 'wasn't another option'. 

I looked yesterday at how many games he played for us last season and was amazed it was 13! Four from early October onwards. He's played half that in the last three weeks.

What was actually going on at this club?

23 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Screenshot_20230925_224714_Facebook.jpg

I know he went off injured fairly early but you’d think winning the FA cup against all the odds would be better than a routine win against a newly promoted team in the prem. 

I’m not sure if him playing game after game for Man U says more about how crap they are now, how crap we were last season, how crap our physio team were or how little he cared about playing for Leicester.  

27 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

I know he went off injured fairly early but you’d think winning the FA cup against all the odds would be better than a routine win against a newly promoted team in the prem. 

I’m not sure if him playing game after game for Man U says more about how crap they are now, how crap we were last season, how crap our physio team were or how little he cared about playing for Leicester.  

That is becoming more and more clear. Was missing in action as a captain last season when the club needed him most. Showed no leadership at all. Yes, he was injured a lot of the season but he could have been there visibly supporting the team like Coady did at the start of this season. Then there was his interview after the West Ham game at the end of the season when rather than apologising to the fans or showing some remorse he told Owain that all of the players had been saying goodbye to each other in the dressing room. WTF!  He was a decent player for us up until his final season but it's no wonder we got relegated if so called leaders in the dressing room were behaving like this. 

• Like 2