Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

On 03/10/2023 at 10:52, moore_94 said:

Crap, injured, meh

Tielemans has made things worse for himself with Villa fans because he was moaning about not starting games already and then was absolute crap for the games he did get to start

Barnes hadn't really done much yet for Newcastle but is now out injured until 2024

Castagne I haven't really heard or seen anything good or bad about him

Soyuncu is also yet to start a game for Atletico and is now out injured

Castagne playing well at Fulham. Fans love him, from what I've seen online.

I thought he'd get a better offer than Fulham to be honest. 

On 09/10/2023 at 18:18, FoyleFox said:

Castagne playing well at Fulham. Fans love him, from what I've seen online.

I thought he'd get a better offer than Fulham to be honest. 

He probably would have done had he not played shite for the majority of last season.  Another one who has no stomach for a battle.  We are better off without him!!

• Like 1

Gee it makes me feel good that YOURI is upset at villa , after what he done for us last year and the fact he walked way and left us not getting a cent for him still makes me angry, hope he gets splinters while sitting on the villa bench . Just my take on a player who we gave a chance to fine his feet and he pi***d all over us . 

10 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Great players but legendary status 🤔

Yes - given not only did they achieve the unthinkable with us, but they’ve also gone on to be pretty good away from us too, giving them that “they played for us” factor! 

It also shouldn’t be forgotten that Mahrez spent a huge portion of his career with us.

And whilst Kante’s stint with us was fleeting… the stories about him and his impact, how can you not call him legendary? 

4 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

I think if Youri was here now he'd be the backup option for Winks. Would probably allow us to rest Winks every now again, but he certainly wouldn't be a starter.

...and that's in the Championship. He has no chance of being a regular starter at Villa.

To be fair even if he had stayed with us Enzo would have got rid due to the attitude. 

• Like 3

Problem is, even as late as this summer, after he’d been crap for 2 years, there were still loads of fans on here saying he’s “world class” “our best player” “the least of our problems” and “we’ll miss him more than Maddison or Barnes”. Even when he moved to Villa, many of our fans were giving sneering pelters to anyone saying he wouldn’t even be starting for Villa ahead of the likes of Kamera, Douglas Luis and McGinn. 

One of Rodgers’ biggest mistakes was refusing to drop Tielemans even for League Cup matches when he’d been rubbish for a long time. Many of our fans were also still burying their head in the sand about what a big problem Tielemans was because of the fact he’d scored our FA Cup winning goal.

I’m certain you’d still have plenty fans here demanding Tielemans started every week because he was good 3 years ago. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Fair point, I'd honestly forgot he joined in Jan that season. Definitely the regular 11 and the regular subs: King, Ulloa and Schlupp

Aaah. Schlupp. Loved him. 

The season before our title win, when the players celebrated the Great Escape on the Sunderland pitch, it was clear from his face that he wasn't sure what was going on "have we stayed up, lads, have we?".

A year later, when we lifted the trophy at the KP, he had the same face: "have we really won it, have we? Can't believe it, lads!".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/10/2023 at 14:39, Basildon Fox said:

He probably would have done had he not played shite for the majority of last season.  Another one who has no stomach for a battle.  We are better off without him!!

Weird one Castagne, because he talked a good game at crunch time. Then... he didn't really do anything 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

I think if Youri was here now he'd be the backup option for Winks. Would probably allow us to rest Winks every now again, but he certainly wouldn't be a starter.

...and that's in the Championship. He has no chance of being a regular starter at Villa.

He’s completely knackered he won’t be able to cope in any sort of physical league. He’s definitely looking to flirt with Saudi clubs now.