Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Liam Manning, who replaced Nigel Pearson in October however is putting his stamp down on to the squad and is allowing one of their key players to leave with an eye on signing players that fit in to his brand of football.

This sort of thing irritates me

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Great shame we couldn't have persevered with him.

He wouldn't play second fiddle to prime Jamie Vardy, which is fair enough. He's had a good career since he left us.

Posted (edited)
On 18/05/2024 at 18:23, David Hankey said:

Great shame we couldn't have persevered with him.

It's not. We've a weird revisionism over this.

Firstly - for six years he would have had Vardy at his peak and in front of him.

Secondly - he was poor. He wasn't suited to the English game. So many times did I see him try to chip a keeper from 25 yards out because he was used to continental keepers being slightly off-position. Not once did he look suited to the English game. Staying with us would have hampered his development further.

People are blinded by the Football Manager-esque Work Permit drama and foreign sounding name. Ultimately, we had our most successful season ever with him on the books and he didn't make an impact. I can't look at that and think 'what a shame Vardy was much, much better'.

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

It's not. We've a weird revisionism over this.

Firstly - for six years he would have had Vardy at his peak and in front of him.

Secondly - he was poor. He wasn't suited to the English game. So many times did I see him try to chip a keeper from 25 yards out because he was used to continental keepers being slightly off-position. Not once did he look suited to the English game. Staying with us would have hampered his development further.

People are blinded by the Football Manager-esque Work Permit drama and foreign sounding name. Ultimately, we had our most successful season ever with him on the books and he didn't make an impact. I can't look at that and think 'what a shame Vardy was much, much better'.

Well, we all have an opinion.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Interesting on the positions, transfermk doesn't even list right winger as a position of his now, yet for majority of his time here that's why he'd play and be ineffective yet no one at the club worked out he was more suited to other positions. La Liga is more suitable for his style though.