Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Just now, HybridFox said:

He DID want to stay with us though. Came out and said he felt at home here. We didn't take up the deal 

He was with us on loan after a failed move to Germany. He wasn't exactly lighting the league up and was terrible in some games (like the rest a few others!) he didn't exactly make it impossible for us not to sign him. 

He scored 6 in 26 and had zero assists for us. It would have split this forum in half if we had signed him. 

10 minutes ago, the draper said:

I cant stand rodger but He went on record and stated he wanted him to stay 

It was one of the issue that he moaned about that season was the fact his hands were tied 

Rodgers wanted the club to only add to the squad and wasnt willing to sell players to bring in fresh blood. If he really wanted lookman then he could have agreed to sell a key player to fund the purchase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Barnes was the golden boy, he was playing so poor yet still he didn't play him on the left. 

Barnes scored as many as Lookman and assisted 10 more times than Lookman in only a few more games. 

Fair play to Lookman he has obviously found a home where he is, he has a lot of freedom and as obviously enjoying his time there. 

Players have signed for us in the past that didn't fit in at their clubs and smashed it with us (Albrighton springs to mind) it's just apart of the game. 

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He was with us on loan after a failed move to Germany. He wasn't exactly lighting the league up and was terrible in some games (like the rest a few others!) he didn't exactly make it impossible for us not to sign him. 

He scored 6 in 26 and had zero assists for us. It would have split this forum in half if we had signed him. 

It's not just about goals though, yes he did have some not so great games but his floor as a player is a lot higher than Barnes's was.

Barnes did seem to have a higher ceiling at the time but it's much better to get a lot of decent performances with a few good ones than a few great performances with a lot of stinkers. Now Lookman seems to have added great performances alongside his good ones.

24 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

That goal against Liverpool didn’t he play on the left?

Yes one of the very few times when he was allowed on the left and guess what? He looked different class. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Barnes scored as many as Lookman and assisted 10 more times than Lookman in only a few more games. 

But what if he played Lookman in his favoured left side over Barnes? That's like saying Nacho would score the same and assist more than Vardy if Vardy played as CB. Not a fair comparison 

• Like 2

I liked lookman from the moment we got him. Gave Barnes the kick up the arse too to step up. Honestly thought it was a no brainer to keep him. The rest is history but Iike history hope it doesn’t repeat with fatawu like lookman on loan, looking for a home - feeling settled - playing well etc.

Great individual performance from lookman today on the European stage. Take a bow 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

• Like 2

Lookman was one of the marginal factors that went with relegation.

There were many.   Ward in  goal.  Faes struggling to read the flight of a ball.   Giving Soyuncu excess leisure time.   Not sacking Rodgers after 3 games.  Not sacking Rodgers after 4 games.  Not sacking Rodgers...

9 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Lookman played out of position in the vast majority of games for us and he did that because apparently Barnes has a complete inability to play on the right. 

• Like 1

Barnes was one of the most frustrating players I’ve seen in a Leicester shirt.

had the capability to be absolutely brilliant or absolute utter garbage and you never knew which it would be.

The face he pulled when it wasn’t going for him, like a dejected kid not getting what he wanted, used to right piss me off 🤣

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4nnmwgpkd0o

I remember on a Radio 5 Live commentary on a game, Clinton Morrisson said Lookman was the best youngster he'd ever seen in South London but just needed good coaching and focus.

Ah, that's a shame. I actually thought he was really talented but I guess not if Clinton Morrison think so.

On 23/05/2024 at 09:52, dmayne7 said:

Ah, that's a shame. I actually thought he was really talented but I guess not if Clinton Morrison think so.

unpopular opinion but I like Clinton Morrison. he's like a Labrador.