Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Sidney Tavares is out of contract at the end of next month.

I wonder if this kid has any regrets after making his debut for us in the Premier League he's gone onto playing 30 odd games in the Portuguese B league and 5 in the MLS.

Was tipped for big things but now scratching around for a club. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I wonder if this kid has any regrets after making his debut for us in the Premier League he's gone onto playing 30 odd games in the Portuguese B league and 5 in the MLS.

There was one particular game where Brendan decided he wanted to take a look at the young starlet. 

Taken off at half time and never played for us again. Such is fate. 

12 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

There was one particular game where Brendan decided he wanted to take a look at the young starlet. 

Taken off at half time and never played for us again. Such is fate. 

He played about 75 minutes in that start.

3 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

That's 5x Europeans trophies for Iborra now; 3x Europa Leagues with Sevilla, 1x Europa League with Villarreal, and 1x Europa Conference League with Olympiacos. 

Means he's averaged a European trophy every three seasons across his career. But won nothing domestically with any club. Funny old record.

He mentioned after the game that he wants to return (again) to his home club Levante in the Spanish 2nd division, maybe he can get them promoted as league winners and retire on a final high note!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Jason Banton who we signed from Liverpool 13 years ago is still without a club after leaving Glebe in April.

Banton is now looking for his 28th club of his career.

Must be some sort of record? 

Step forward Trevor Benjamin?

• Haha 1

On 29/05/2024 at 23:10, themightyfin said:

He actually showed some really raw quality as well. 

Unfortunately those around him advised him to move for first team football from what I was told. 

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. 

On 29/05/2024 at 20:05, HybridFox said:

Can see Madders being chopped from the Euros squad. Might ask himself if the move was worth it 

In fairness he's just not as good as the the others currently available whoever he played for. 

• Like 2

On 29/05/2024 at 20:05, HybridFox said:

Can see Madders being chopped from the Euros squad. Might ask himself if the move was worth it 

Whether he's in the squad or not, I seriously doubt he will be asking himself that question about a move from a relegated Leicester to Spurs.  

If he hadn't got injured and had his inevitable loss of form afterwards he'd be nailed on.  That might be the story of his career, sadly.  In full flight he's a magnificent player and I would like to see him perform at his best for England.    

• Like 2

On 30/05/2024 at 10:49, LCCFox96 said:

That's 5x Europeans trophies for Iborra now; 3x Europa Leagues with Sevilla, 1x Europa League with Villarreal, and 1x Europa Conference League with Olympiacos. 

Means he's averaged a European trophy every three seasons across his career. But won nothing domestically with any club. Funny old record.

FACUP? 

League 2 

charity shield?