Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Madders not going to Germany. 

The writing was on the wall for him when he wasn’t consistently making Spurs’ starting 11 at times by the end of the season.

A very good player but can’t stay fit for a whole season either.

I found these stats from SkySports quite interesting -

IMG_2051.jpeg

• Like 1

Other than Kante, does anyone rarely come out on top after their big move from us? I feel like we generally always have the last laugh. Enzo next :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, KFS said:

Other than Kante, does anyone rarely come out on top after their big move from us? I feel like we generally always have the last laugh. Enzo next :ph34r:

Mahrez 

Chilwell 

Mahrez has won multiple Trophies 🏆 since leaving us and Chilwell although not had many has a Champions league medal amongst others.

Thats Definitely 2 others who have gone onto bigger and better 

• Like 1

I think Madders career is likely to be defined by injuries. He’s had significant surgery at a fairly young age, and I personally can’t see him lasting much longer playing at the top level. Probably one of the reasons there wasn’t a queue for him when we sold him. It’s a shame, but he will be one of these players who talent will never reach its full potential. My mate who’s a spurs fan said that the general consensus with his spursy mates is that he is overrated. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Mahrez, Kante, Hirst, Tielemans, and Perez have done okay. 

Ovviously the first two have won a lot more trophies.

In fairness to Maguire, he’s got a League Cup and FA Cup, which is more than our ex player Harry Kane. 

51 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Madders career is likely to be defined by injuries. He’s had significant surgery at a fairly young age, and I personally can’t see him lasting much longer playing at the top level. Probably one of the reasons there wasn’t a queue for him when we sold him. It’s a shame, but he will be one of these players who talent will never reach its full potential. My mate who’s a spurs fan said that the general consensus with his spursy mates is that he is overrated. 

When fit he’s great.

But then again, so is a glass bottle until it’s broken. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Started well but got injured and didn’t really get his form back 

Like most of the Spurs team !

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Not many do although looks like we are about to commit complete self harm by employing a Championship nobody as manager. I would think that most people will be more successful than us in the coming years. 

9 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Not many do although looks like we are about to commit complete self harm by employing a Championship nobody as manager. I would think that most people will be more successful than us in the coming years. 

That’s the spirit mate!

I hate how we’ve been run as a club in recent times but this type of negativity can’t be good for you bud.

49 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Find it odd that he’s been singled out in terms of being cut. Don’t know why it can’t be unveiled with the others. 

18 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Think Maddison likely had it leaked so the next few days could be about him, until the rest of the omissions are announced. 

No doubt and more will come out in the next day or so.

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Find it odd that he’s been singled out in terms of being cut. Don’t know why it can’t be unveiled with the others. 

I was thinking the same thing. Being made an example of again?

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

Think Maddison likely had it leaked so the next few days could be about him, until the rest of the omissions are announced. 

He's probably just the most high-profile of those being cut? I didn't expect Maddison to go, but it's more newsworthy than Quansah and Jones not being on the plane.

10 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

The writing was on the wall for him when he wasn’t consistently making Spurs’ starting 11 at times by the end of the season.

A very good player but can’t stay fit for a whole season either.

I found these stats from SkySports quite interesting -

IMG_2051.jpeg

I think the stat shows how hard it is for Madders to come back from an injury, which he seems to get every season. As he gets older, this will become more severe. He's going to be 28 this year, probably only got 2-3 seasons at the top left.

8 hours ago, KFS said:

Er Lineker? (WC Golden Boot, Barca etc)