Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think Madders career is likely to be defined by injuries. He’s had significant surgery at a fairly young age, and I personally can’t see him lasting much longer playing at the top level. Probably one of the reasons there wasn’t a queue for him when we sold him. It’s a shame, but he will be one of these players who talent will never reach its full potential. My mate who’s a spurs fan said that the general consensus with his spursy mates is that he is overrated. 

I remember saying it last year but he really is a Darren Anderton regen. 

2 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

He's better than Darren Anderton and not as injury prone. Still a twat though 

Anderton had a better career.

30 odd England Caps 

Maddison will never get near.

To compare them as players is unfair as Anderton was a winger.

Different positions so impossible to compare. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Anderton had a better career.

30 odd England Caps 

Maddison will never get near.

To compare them as players is unfair as Anderton was a winger.

Different positions so impossible to compare. 

Hmm thats subjective, but did he? One League cup?

Granted more caps but Madderz will not doubt get a few more.

Think you can compare levels of players even if different positions.

Anyway Anderton was a touch befor emy time so maybe I'm wrong. 

I get its a bit of fun and the game needs shithouses, but Maddison can't win there. If he bites, he's biting at a bloke who has scored 1 goal in 30+ games for his current club, playing as a striker. It'll make him look so rattled.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2024 at 00:24, themightyfin said:

Jason Banton who we signed from Liverpool 13 years ago is still without a club after leaving Glebe in April.

Banton is now looking for his 28th club of his career.

Must be some sort of record? 

Wow. Just looked him up on Wikipedia and I don't know what is more remarkable: the number of clubs he's had or the fact his middle name is just 'Steve'.

• Haha 1

On 06/06/2024 at 03:17, KFS said:

Other than Kante, does anyone rarely come out on top after their big move from us? I feel like we generally always have the last laugh. Enzo next :ph34r:

Shilton

Posted (edited)
On 06/06/2024 at 03:17, KFS said:

Other than Kante, does anyone rarely come out on top after their big move from us? I feel like we generally always have the last laugh. Enzo next :ph34r:

Alan Smith, Gary McAllister

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Interesting move for him. I think he's pretty suited to German football, I'll have to keep an eye on Hannover's games since I also follow the division they're in

Reunites him with Ron-Robert Zieler as well who's still playing for H96

• Like 1

Don’t know if this has been shared before but a good listen re: Leicester from about 1hr 16. 

Few snippets:

We signed TC because Steve Walford was renewing his insurance.

O’neil man management for the time was excellent. I think it would struggle to work now. 

Martin telling TC don’t worry son, we’ll be back here next year after the league cup defeat to Spurs has to be a legendary line.

Dont pass to Robbie Savage lol.

TC was excellent for us once he settled. Probably our best PL striker after Vardy (I know football didn’t start with the PL).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Don’t know if this has been shared before but a good listen re: Leicester from about 1hr 16. 

Few snippets:

We signed TC because Steve Walford was renewing his insurance.

O’neil man management for the time was excellent. I think it would struggle to work now. 

Martin telling TC don’t worry son, we’ll be back here next year after the league cup defeat to Spurs has to be a legendary line.

Dont pass to Robbie Savage lol.

TC was excellent for us once he settled. Probably our best PL striker after Vardy (I know football didn’t start with the PL).

I remember his goal at Old Trafford, he mentions it in this interview. I was in the home end so couldn’t celebrate. Top striker and a decent bloke by all accounts 

• Like 1

https://sportwitness.co.uk/positive-player-insists-newcastle-leicester-spells-great-career-takes-unusual-twist/

“Very, very positive” – Player insists Newcastle and Leicester spells were great as career takes unusual twist
By Sean Lunt -14th June 2024

Real Betis striker Ayoze Perez has insisted he sees his time at Newcastle United and Leicester City as a success, even though it took leaving to get into the Spain squad.

The striker has been talking to IDEAL ahead of Euro 2024, in which he is the surprise inclusion in Luis de la Fuente’s Spain squad.

The 30-year-old has just enjoyed a solid season with Real Betis, bagging nine goals and one assists in 31 games in La Liga and two goals and one assist in six games in the Europa League.

That’s seen him earn a surprise call-up to the Spain squad for Euro 2024 in Germany, with him recently bagging a goal on his debut in the 1-0 win over Andorra.

His rise to the national team marks something of a late blook for the striker, who had never been in contention for Spain when playing in England.

He managed 48 goals and 17 assists for Newcastle in 195 appearances and 15 goals and 12 assists in 114 games for Leicester City during spells with them both, but it is his 15 goals and 12 assists in 59 games for Betis that have seen him finally convince a Spain manager of his qualities.
Some might say, then, he had wasted his career playing in England, but he is not of that mindset in the slightest.

“It’s true, I assume it’s not normal,” he said.

“At a young age, 19 years old, I was already packing my bags, for England, for a project and for a radical change in my life. It’s not normal either. I had a career in the Premier, about nine years, five in Newcastle, three and a half in Leicester.

“A normal trajectory, very, very good, very positive years, I grew as a person, as a footballer, after so much time I returned to Spain and in a year and a half at Betis things have gone very well, months of football improvement, happiness and of many other things. And in the end, after many years of work, things arrive. The reward of playing in a European Championship.”

• Like 2