Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

Is this the same Ayoze Perez who played for us? 🤔

he is ripping the Italian right back apart 

Looks absolutely classy. Looks as good as Pedri on this showing 🤣 

Edited by Kierzz
Typo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He was playing like Ronaldinho 😂. Where was that Ayoze Perez when he played for us?

One of my favourite players, but I got royally slagged off in the pub and maybe on here for sticking up for him. I just loved his ability. Too good for most of our fans to understand. 

Being old school, I love talented players, but the general consensus on FT is that unless you’re kicking the shit out of the opposition and running around like a dervish you not a Leicester type player. 

I’m not surprised he left with all the criticism he got from FT. Really pleased that he playing for Spain, when most on here didn’t want him 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He was playing like Ronaldinho 😂. Where was that Ayoze Perez when he played for us?

I did sometimes wonder what he'd have been like on the left instead of the right and apparently the answer is he'd have been like the mirror version of Mahrez

• Like 1

Ayoze pretty much spent his entire time at our club being played out of position. But apparently this just meant he was shit! 🤷🏻‍♂️

That said he can get to **** for missing that chance at Chelsea away that would have put us in the Champions League and the party he threw before the Newcastle game which cost us so dearly. 

Edited by An Away Move

Most thought CAM was his best position, but it seems Ayoze was always a left winger. I'm pleased for him. When he was here and talked about playing for Spain, I nearly fell over laughing, but seems he had it in him.

25 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Ayoze pretty much spent his entire time at our club being played out of position. But apparently this just meant he was shit! 🤷🏻‍♂️

That said he can get to **** for missing that chance at Chelsea away that would have put us in the Champions League and the party he threw before the Newcastle game which cost us so dearly. 

I really liked Ayoze, but do admit I was mega pissed with him when he missed that chance at Chelsea. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

I really liked Ayoze, but do admit I was mega pissed with him when he missed that chance at Chelsea. 

It’s crazy how moments from football matches can live on inside you for years and even decades! 

I don't get how when at Leicester Perez, people are saying he's playing not his favourite position but when he's playing for Betis and Spain he playing in his favoured position.

Couldn't he just tell Brendan which his best position was 🤷

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

It's not just his position, he looks a different player technically now. At Leicester he never looked fully in control when he dribbled and was rarely able to take players on whereas now the ball looks like it's glued to his feet. 

Something has to be wrong with our coaching for there to have been this big of a transformation in only a season away.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Couldn't he just tell Brendan which his best position was

You're giving too much credit to a man who decided Danny Ward's best position was goalkeeper

Edited by lfu
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Loving all the people on here claiming they always defended Perez and knew he was a class player lol

Not having it. He never properly turned up for Leicester apart from one game against Southampton and one key moment in an FA cup final. Fair play to him for having a good end to last season and getting in the Spain squad but all of these 'I told you so' posts are a bit much. 

• Like 1

I've always defended Perez and always knew he was a class player.

Always felt like he proper turned up for us, especially against Southampton and in the FA cup. And he's just had a great end of season and deservedly got his call up to the Spain squad. Long overdue.  Always said he was quality.  Always...

• Haha 1

I don't think it's revionism to say a lot of us could see that Ayoze *was* a great player at the time, but he just didn't suit how we wanted to play and that we never played him in his best position because Barnes/Maddison were nailed on, so shunting him out on the right wing was squandering his ability.

He was never ever anything more than adequate at PL level, astonishing how many people are changing tunes after a good cameo last night.

He was horrible for us, won't play a game for Spain after this Euros, and certainly wasn't some sort of neglected gem. Relative to the money spent he was crap and his attitude was shit.

• Like 1

He was a fairly decent second striker and we bought him and stuck him on the wing. He was for us what Iago Aspas was to Liverpool under Rodgers.  A player brought in to play a role that didn't suit their skillset who subsequently went on to do well in their favoured position back in La liga.

Edited by JimJams

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He was never ever anything more than adequate at PL level, astonishing how many people are changing tunes after a good cameo last night.

He was horrible for us, won't play a game for Spain after this Euros, and certainly wasn't some sort of neglected gem. Relative to the money spent he was crap and his attitude was shit.

I bet col always thought he had something in him to shine on the international stage. :thumbup: