Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_F5SAPoK93/?igsh=b2d5bzVwMGE3Z3dq

Liam Moore has announced his retirement at 31 after years of injuries.

cant help but feel he should have achieved more.

that's not meant for one second as a criticism of the man but what I mean is, one moment he is knocking on the door of a premier career perhaps, and then we do the unthinkable 

was excellent for us in the championship

On 28/08/2024 at 12:59, Lambert09 said:

It was a completely ridiculous appointment

David Stockdale is assistant manager there and Steve Howard director of googball

Edited by Tuna

Simpson has the support 

Danny Simpson had just left ex-Foxes team-mate Riyad Mahrez when he accepted the boxing offer - but has been wished well by the likes of Jamie Vardy. 

He revealed: "I'm in the WhatsApp group, still with all the Leicester boys, called reunion, because it's nearly ten years since we won the league. 

"Everyone's just been saying good luck like Vards, Andy King - Wes Morgan was gonna try and come but he can't make it.

"Ben Chilwell, all the lads have got games and stuff, so they they can't make it.

"But everyone just said, listen, they said they wouldn't do it so good luck and and enjoy it.

Danny Simpson’s boxing debut ends in shock result after Premier League winner’s medal bet with Danny Aarons
Jordan Ellis
Published: 23:54, 31 Aug 2024Updated: 9:08, 1 Sep 2024
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Click to share on X/Twitter (Opens in new window)
Danny Simpson just about held onto his Premier League winner's medal at Misfits Boxing 17.

The former defender was famously part of the Leicester City team that overcame odds of 5000-1 to win the Premier League title in 2016.

Simpson wore a Leicester City top to stare down his opponent

Ahead of his boxing debut, Simpson wagered one of his most prized possessions on a win over Danny Aarons, who was also fought for the first time at Misfits 17

“I wanted to bring this to you,” Aarons said during a pre-fight interview.

“You won the Premier League. You got something for that, right?

“What colour is the medal? It’s gold. When I got 1 million subscribers on YouTube, I got a gold YouTube play button. We both have a gold award.

“The winner gets the loser's gold reward.”

Simpson immediately agreed to massively up the ante for their fight.

It looked like it could backfire in round one as Aarons was the more accomplished boxer.

However, Simpson's wild attacks started to land and impact his opponent, who he refused to give his Premier League winner's medal without a fight.

It was a similar story in round two. The Leicester City legend struggled with Aarons, who is more technically sound, before landing with big eye-catching punches.

Aarons landed the best combination of the fight in round three.

Simpson looked like he could be in trouble, but he bounced back with more big shots that made his rival think twice about going for the kill.

Both men gave it all in the fourth and final round. Aarons appeared to hurt Simpson before the recently retired footballer rallied to take his first fight to the judges’ scorecards.

Ultimately, it was called a split draw and Simpson got to keep his medal.

Both men insisted they had done enough to emerge victorious during a joint post-fight interview, which ended with them agreeing to do a rematch.

"I'm obviously going to say that I thought I nicked it," Simpson said.

"This week has been one of the craziest weeks of my life.

"We said we were going to have fun in here and I think we did. I think Danny knows I tried to jump in last minute and tried to do everything I could in the five weeks.

"Maybe I'll have the chance to have a full camp and I'd love to come back and have another go."

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-free-agent-9525363

• 13:41, 2 SEP 2024

City are expected to have one gap in their 25-man Premier League line-up, but it’s not thought they will attempt to fill it, at least not until January. But they do have one free agent training at the club.

Former midfielder Matty James is back at City, training at Seagrave as he looks to keep up his fitness while he searches for a new club. He was let go by Bristol City during the summer and is yet to find a new home.

READ MORE: Leicester City injury latest as Steve Cooper set to work with depleted squad

READ MORE: The Leicester City decision Steve Cooper should have made to follow his own ruthless request

The 33-year-old left City in 2021 after an injury-hit nine years at the club. In 2019, during his recovery from an Achilles injury, he helped out with the young players at the club, with then-manager Brendan Rodgers describing him as a “good thinker of the game”, with coaching providing him something else to focus beyond his injury rehab.

While he’s at Seagrave to keep fit, he’s doing the same again, working with the club’s academy. Manager Steve Cooper said: “Matty is keeping fit and offering a bit back to the younger players. I think he’s waiting for his next club but that’s not for me to talk about.”

• Like 3

7 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-free-agent-9525363

• 13:41, 2 SEP 2024

City are expected to have one gap in their 25-man Premier League line-up, but it’s not thought they will attempt to fill it, at least not until January. But they do have one free agent training at the club.

Former midfielder Matty James is back at City, training at Seagrave as he looks to keep up his fitness while he searches for a new club. He was let go by Bristol City during the summer and is yet to find a new home.

READ MORE: Leicester City injury latest as Steve Cooper set to work with depleted squad

READ MORE: The Leicester City decision Steve Cooper should have made to follow his own ruthless request

The 33-year-old left City in 2021 after an injury-hit nine years at the club. In 2019, during his recovery from an Achilles injury, he helped out with the young players at the club, with then-manager Brendan Rodgers describing him as a “good thinker of the game”, with coaching providing him something else to focus beyond his injury rehab.

While he’s at Seagrave to keep fit, he’s doing the same again, working with the club’s academy. Manager Steve Cooper said: “Matty is keeping fit and offering a bit back to the younger players. I think he’s waiting for his next club but that’s not for me to talk about.”

4 year deal ?