Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

6 hours ago, davieG said:

Well he was useless for us another last payday flimflammer along with Keown, Dublin and the worst of the lot Wise.

Rumours at the time suggested he had a drink problem

Keown was heart breaking, really. When he signed I thought we'd got a great professional that would do a solid job and add balance. 

He was shit and obviously hated the club. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed.

Absolutely loved him when he was here and glad he's back playing regular. 

It’s weird how certain moves can just completely ruin players careers, non more so then his to Chelsea. I know Kante was on another level when we won the league but Danny was also absolutely amazing. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He is still underrated by some of our fans. People forget how good he actually was.

I couldn’t agree more. Somewhere I have an FT post from the pre-match thread for our first match of the 2013-14 season, against Middlesbrough. Read something like “Drinkwater and Vardy starting? Madness! Pearson out, now!” Needless to say, both scored.

Drinkwater has made a lot of mis-steps since he left us, but he’s still a brilliant player.

15 hours ago, Miella27 said:

The simplistic view held by many is that he was no good without Kante, but the often overlooked and forgotten point is, Drinkwater was superb the season after we won the league (Without Kante) - IMO his best season. 

He was one of the only players to turn up in the league that season

15 hours ago, Miella27 said:

The simplistic view held by many is that he was no good without Kante, but the often overlooked and forgotten point is, Drinkwater was superb the season after we won the league (Without Kante) - IMO his best season. 

I think "his best season" might be pushing it a bit given just how good he was in 13/14 and 15/16. He was the only one who looked bothered pre-Christmas, mind.

Did you notice DD was against 2 former loany’s loanies (how you spell that 🤷‍♂️) in Ryan Bennet and Kyle Naughton, Kyle was the JJ of the time a RB playing LB for us & he now playing CB.
Wanted us to sign him permanently but I think Spurs were messing us and him about saying they would play him but he ended up going to Norwich on loan the following season before getting some proper game time with Spurs.

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I'm sure Naughton played right back for us almost exclusively.

You right as we got PVA although he then got injured so maybe Kyle played on the left at some point which stuck in the grey matter longer?

Probably his Spurs career he played as a LB more?

46 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

You right as we got PVA although he then got injured so maybe Kyle played on the left at some point which stuck in the grey matter longer?

Probably his Spurs career he played as a LB more?

Think in his few appearances for Spurs he played left back as Walker was right back.

• Like 1

The story of his football career, unlucky but not bitter.

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/how-leicesters-youngest-debutant-became-a-non-league-cult-hero/

How Leicester’s youngest debutant became a non-league cult hero

Ashley Chambers Leicester
Sean Cole3rd December 2021
Of all the players to represent Leicester City, nobody has done so at a younger age than Ashley Chambers.

He was just 15 years and 203 days old when he stepped off the bench to make his professional debut at home to Blackpool in the League Cup in September 2005.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2021 at 08:50, Fox92 said:

He is still underrated by some of our fans. People forget how good he actually was.

I remember we played Barnsley at home and Drinkwater on loan from Man U was the stand out player on the pitch.

We signed him shortly after and I was delighted. He didn’t disappoint. 

• Like 1