Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

3 hours ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Winner of LCFC’s Most Handsome Player Award 2018, Adrian “Paperwork” Silva’s a free agent after leaving Sampdoria.

https://barcelosnanet.com/samptoria-saudacoes-de-adrian-silva-longa-carta-dos-portugueses/

Iborra > Silva.

(Actually didnt think Adrian was THAT hot, on or off the pitch)

• Like 1

Ex Player - Hmm if you include the U23s and him being a player.

From what I recall he's the worst U23 we've had for some considerable time.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-ryan-loft-lowdown-bristol-6439307

Who is Ryan Loft? The lowdown on Bristol Rovers' former Tottenham and Leicester City striker
Scunthorpe United reporter weighs in on Rovers' move for Ryan Loft

ByCharlie Wilson
07:00, 5 JAN 2022

Bristol Rovers made a flying start in the January transfer window with the swift acquisition of striker Ryan Loft from Scunthorpe United.

And the 24-year-old forward has the size, work ethic and potential as a goalscorer to become a big success at the Gas, according to a reporter who has tracked his development at Glanford Park.

Iron supporter and journalist Charlie Wilson believes Gasheads can expect good things from the former Leicester City prospect, who penned a two-and-a-half-year contract and signed for an undisclosed fee on Tuesday.

Charlie believes Rovers may have found a "gem" if they use Loft correctly and he has analysed the player's past, present and future for Bristol Live.

What should be Rovers' next priority in the January transfer window? Let us know in the comments section below...

Early career
Loft joined Tottenham Hotspur as a 16-year-old after being scouted following a number of standout performances whilst playing for Dartford and Ebbsfleet United.

He would remain at the club for five seasons, mostly with the U23s and U18s before joining Leicester City in 2018.

He then joined Carlisle United in 2019, where he remained for the season as a 22-year-old, performing well in periods, but struggling to find the back of the net - scoring just four goals for the season.

Scunthorpe United
After being released by Leicester City, Loft began training with a number of clubs. After being close to signing for Grimsby Town, he chose to join rivals Scunthorpe United on a two-year deal.

It was at Scunthorpe where he'd truly establish himself.

In an absolute dire 2020/21 season for the Iron, Loft was arguably the shining light on the year - scoring eight goals and adding five assists, including a number of important moments which helped save Scunthorpe from relegation.

Going into his second year with the club, Loft was seen as the only real goal threat for the Iron - with much responsibility placed on his shoulders.

For the fourth straight off-season, Scunthorpe recruited poorly and failed to put enough quality players around their established guys like Loft, and now find themselves fighting for survival once again.

Having said this though, Loft has certainly not covered himself in glory this season - scoring just four League Two goals so far this campaign. He leaves the club with 15 goals and six assists in 62 appearances.

Positives
He's only 24 years old and has a lot to prove – especially to Bristol Rovers fans.

They've paid a bit of money for him - believed to be around £55,000 - and a lot will be expected of him as the Gas will look to Loft become a 15-goal a season striker.

Is he capable of doing this? Definitely.

When he wants to be, he's hard-working, links up play well, brings the ball down from the air and gets on the end of crosses.

He's also a very good athlete for his size.

Question marks
A few have mentioned Loft's ceiling (pun intended) could be as high as a top-end League One striker. I see where this is coming from.

Strikers standing 6ft 3in tall don't usually move as well as Loft at this level, nor do they have the footballing technique to go with the raw athleticism.

But consistency is an issue. A lot of players can look like they should be playing at a higher level once a month. A part of being a good player is consistently performing and earning your spot.

Loft hasn't shown us that he's capable of doing this so far in his career.

A change in scenery is certainly what was needed for him, and playing for a team as poor as Scunthorpe have been over the last 18 months certainly could have hurt his development.

But Loft is a gamble for the Rovers to take.

Put it this way: It wouldn't surprise me if he scores 20 goals next season. It also wouldn't surprise me if he scores two goals next season.

A good signing?
Although there certainly are a few question marks, as listed above, a player with a high ceiling such as Loft is something to get excited about.

On his day, he's as close to unplayable as you'll find in League Two.

He can be quicker than your quickest full-back, and stronger and more athletic than your strongest centre-back – that's a match-up nightmare on paper.

He'll have to be managed and used correctly, in that right setup, but Rovers could have definitely have found themselves a gem in Loft.

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

Sheehan had 29 total appearances for us. For some reason I thought he had at least double that. 

yes if you had asked me to guess i would have said more than 20 odd for sure

perhaps it is because we try to block out the trauma of that era ;)

On 04/01/2022 at 07:28, Incognito said:

Adrien Silva has had his contract with Sampdoria terminated by mutual consent.

https://www.sampdoria.it/en/news-en-2/club-en/2022/01/03/silvas-contract-terminated-by-mutual-consent/

Mutual consent termination halfway through his deal? I dunno, there's something off about this bloke. 

As far as I'm aware, he's had no major injury issues yet can't seem to get regular game time, or see out a contract ever since he left Portugal. 

Him coming out in the press and blaming Puel for his time here is a bit whiffy. Stinks of bad egg. 

Edited by RoboFox

On 04/01/2022 at 08:45, ScrumpyJack said:

Winner of LCFC’s Most Handsome Player Award 2018, Adrian “Paperwork” Silva’s a free agent after leaving Sampdoria.

https://barcelosnanet.com/samptoria-saudacoes-de-adrian-silva-longa-carta-dos-portugueses/

And he’s off to Abu Dhabi, the cheeky little influencer.

C30E8A25-3FFB-4E2D-9CEF-F38BC6C8AEBB.jpeg

Edited by ScrumpyJack

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Mutual consent termination halfway through his deal? I dunno, there's something off about this bloke. 

As far as I'm aware, he's had no major injury issues yet can't seem to get regular game time, or see out a contract ever since he left Portugal. 

Him coming out in the press and blaming Puel for his time here is a bit whiffy. Stinks of bad egg. 

He’s gone UAE. Didn’t see the posts above before I posted, sorry 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, Koke said:

Sheehan had 29 total appearances for us. For some reason I thought he had at least double that. 

Because Thracian did 29m posts about him. The guy was obsessed and sheehan was bang average.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Can someone please provide the links to the whole Sheehan investigates thing. I swear @Manwell Pablo was slagging him off and then Sheehan became aware? That was ****ing classic.

There wasn’t that much in that, we had a bit of back and forth on Facebook after he worked out who I was after a forum tournament.

The Sheehan investigates was me ripping off a picture of him King and Weso answering the phones during an event where the players all went to work in the club shop for a day, I say a day it was probably more like 45 minutes each. Unfortunately was a signature not a post.