Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

On 03/01/2022 at 11:29, Spudulike said:

Of all those players that have left, this must be the strangest one. He must be looking at the likes of KDH to wonder what might have been if he'd knuckled down. Can't even say that he had his head turned by the prospect of Porto reserves or brink of squad selection in the Premier League. All very weird and suspect a story that are are not aware of. Or just bad advice? What a waste (so far). Wonder if City would take him back, if he wanted to. 

He's back  he was recovering from injury  that's why he disappeared 

46 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Blimey, it's painful to see what Reading FC fans are posting about Danny Drinkwater.

Not good.

Don’t know for sure but from an outsiders POV I just think his head is completely gone from the game. Rumoured off the field problems last few years, a strange stint in turkey, probably not enjoying it at Reading, looks terribly unfit. Probably can’t wait to retire.

Real shame. 

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liam-moore-leicester-reading-stoke-6583983

Reading released a statement in January to say that the centre-back would no longer hold the armband after signalling to the club that he saw his future elsewhere

COMMENTS
ByJordan Blackwell
13:32, 1 FEB 2022
SPORT
Liam Moore has moved from Reading to Stoke

Former Leicester City favourite Liam Moore got the move he wanted after being stripped of the captaincy at Reading.

Centre-back Moore, who came through the academy at City, clinched a loan switch back to the Midlands just before the deadline, joining Stoke until the end of the season.

It’s a move that may come as a relief to Moore, who was frozen out at Reading after telling the club he wanted to leave, a conversation that ended with the armband being taken from him.

In mid-January, Reading, who are in freefall in the Championship, released a statement saying: “Over the course of the last few months, centre-back Liam Moore has spoken with manager Veljko Paunovic and directors of the club to state his clear desire to leave Reading Football Club and pursue his career elsewhere.

"Obviously we are disappointed that Liam, a player awarded one of the club’s most significant contracts, has now stated his intention to move on. Whilst we have patiently waited for his representatives to provide us with options for us to consider in helping him fulfil that request, no offer or opportunity has been presented to the club to date.

"Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first-team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club. That starts with our captain. As a result, Moore will no longer be given the honour of our club captaincy.”

Moore’s last game for the club came in mid-December and he did not even make the bench in any of their seven matches since then.

It sees a five-and-a-half-year spell at the Madejski Stadium end on a sour note.

But he will have the opportunity to play again this season after joining play-off chasers Stoke in a move that saw Tom Ince go the other way.

Potters boss Michael O’Neill said of Moore: “I’m delighted that we have managed to get the signing of Liam over the line before the deadline. As well as experience, he will bring versatility to our squad for the second half of the season.”

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liam-moore-leicester-reading-stoke-6583983

Reading released a statement in January to say that the centre-back would no longer hold the armband after signalling to the club that he saw his future elsewhere

COMMENTS
ByJordan Blackwell
SPORT

Former Leicester City favourite Liam Moore got the move he wanted after being stripped of the captaincy at Reading.

Centre-back Moore, who came through the academy at City, clinched a loan switch back to the Midlands just before the deadline, joining Stoke until the end of the season.

It’s a move that may come as a relief to Moore, who was frozen out at Reading after telling the club he wanted to leave, a conversation that ended with the armband being taken from him.

In mid-January, Reading, who are in freefall in the Championship, released a statement saying: “Over the course of the last few months, centre-back Liam Moore has spoken with manager Veljko Paunovic and directors of the club to state his clear desire to leave Reading Football Club and pursue his career elsewhere.

"Obviously we are disappointed that Liam, a player awarded one of the club’s most significant contracts, has now stated his intention to move on. Whilst we have patiently waited for his representatives to provide us with options for us to consider in helping him fulfil that request, no offer or opportunity has been presented to the club to date.

"Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first-team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club. That starts with our captain. As a result, Moore will no longer be given the honour of our club captaincy.”

Moore’s last game for the club came in mid-December and he did not even make the bench in any of their seven matches since then.

It sees a five-and-a-half-year spell at the Madejski Stadium end on a sour note.

But he will have the opportunity to play again this season after joining play-off chasers Stoke in a move that saw Tom Ince go the other way.

Potters boss Michael O’Neill said of Moore: “I’m delighted that we have managed to get the signing of Liam over the line before the deadline. As well as experience, he will bring versatility to our squad for the second half of the season.”

Wonder if bringing him back here as a backup would've done us any good - a couple of years back I recall he was bossing it at Reading

1 hour ago, davieG said:

COMMENTS
ByJordan Blackwell
SPORT

See Tom Ince went in the other direction which got me looking into his career as he was dubbed to be the next big thing & weren't we linked with him but he went Derby or Hull?
Well turns out he's had a very meh career not a single club to shout about really & only stayed around at a club for 1-2yrs before moving on, also turned down Monaco, Inter & Liverpool when Rodgers was there.

Edited by BKLFox

2 hours ago, lfu said:

Wonder if bringing him back here as a backup would've done us any good - a couple of years back I recall he was bossing it at Reading

That first few games back in the PL, I don't thing I've seen a player look more out of his depth. Was great in the Championship but I think about 4 or 5 goals we conceded were directly down to him just totally losing his man. Having said that, I don't think he'd be any worse than shell-shocked Soyuncu or bombscare Vestergaard. Just odd that his career never really got any further than Reading, plenty of teams getting promoted since then and no-one's taken a punt on him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who cares he was wank for us 

Look at the topic mate. Go wank somewhere.

FYI, BR didn’t want to spend $20 mil. on him and decided to spend $30 mil. on Soumare and we are watching how this decision turned out.

Now we are talking about bringing Mendy back.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Look at the topic mate. Go wank somewhere.

FYI, BR didn’t want to spend $20 mil. on him and decided to spend $30 mil. on Soumare and we are watching how this decision turned out.

Now we are talking about bringing Mendy back.

Apart from the fact that Under was replaced by Lookman and the Soumare transfer has nothing to do with Under.

Under is a decent player, who couldn’t quite cut it in the PL, nothing to be ashamed of, I’m sure he’ll have a decent career in the French League, but not what we needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Apart from the fact that Under was replaced by Lookman and the Soumare transfer has nothing to do with Under.

Under is a decent player, who couldn’t quite cut it in the PL, nothing to be ashamed of, I’m sure he’ll have a decent career in the French League, but not what we needed.

I know that Soumare wasn't like for like replacement for Under and I actually tried to make my point about BR's inconsistent and irrelevant transfer choices.

Bringing Everton reject and relegated ex Fulham player for a solution just indicates BR's messed up transfer policy.

Stating that Under is not suitable for EPL is a massive call. I've played professionally in two countries plus have been coaching in last 9 and  even I'm not brave to make that kind of bold and decisive statement. Good onya

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1