Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Just now, TK95 said:

I was a bit nervous when Bamba stepped up, I really didn't want him to be the one who missed. But what a pen, strikers finish!

Happy that he's back playing again. Great guy 

Felt exactly the same.

Real cult hero for us in a poor period for the club. We were just as bad from corners then as we are now and I think he scored from a corner against Man City after about 45 seconds of his debut!

So pleased for him after his battle with cancer. 

A true fighter. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Felt exactly the same.

Real cult hero for us in a poor period for the club. We were just as bad from corners then as we are now and I think he scored from a corner against Man City after about 45 seconds of his debut!

So pleased for him after his battle with cancer. 

A true fighter. 

Scored with his first touch in English football! Mad scenes that day. Should have won the tie as well

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

I know that Soumare wasn't like for like replacement for Under and I actually tried to make my point about BR's inconsistent and irrelevant transfer choices.

Bringing Everton reject and relegated ex Fulham player for a solution just indicates BR's messed up transfer policy.

Stating that Under is not suitable for EPL is a massive call. I've played professionally in two countries plus have been coaching in last 9 and  even I'm not brave to make that kind of bold and decisive statement. Good onya

I don't know where to start with this.

We got the GOAT straight out of non-league. Mahrez was bought from Ligue 2. Does that indicate a messed-up transfer policy?

BR is not solely responsible for transfers. It'll be a joint effort by him, Rudkin, scouts, etc.

Dissing Lookman only serves to make Under look worse. Lookman has performed far better for us than Under did.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't know where to start with this.

We got the GOAT straight out of non-league. Mahrez was bought from Ligue 2. Does that indicate a messed-up transfer policy?

BR is not solely responsible for transfers. It'll be a joint effort by him, Rudkin, scouts, etc.

Dissing Lookman only serves to make Under look worse. Lookman has performed far better for us than Under did.

Mate, it's not even worth arguing with this guy. Every single post from him is utter horse shit! 

21 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I know that Soumare wasn't like for like replacement for Under and I actually tried to make my point about BR's inconsistent and irrelevant transfer choices.

Bringing Everton reject and relegated ex Fulham player for a solution just indicates BR's messed up transfer policy.

Stating that Under is not suitable for EPL is a massive call. I've played professionally in two countries plus have been coaching in last 9 and  even I'm not brave to make that kind of bold and decisive statement. Good onya

Judging a player on whether they were wanted by a previous club or if their previous club was relegated is really stupid.

Fuchs, Albrighton and Huth were clearly rejected by previous clubs and went on to win titles with Leicester. Danny Simpson and Robert Huth had a previous relegation too.

Roy Keane, Ashley Young, Michael Carrick, James Milner, Andy Robertson, Marcos Alonso, Asmir Begovic, Gary Cahill, Nathaniel Chalobah, Glenn Johnson, Victor Moses, Gini Wijnaldum, Thomas Kuszczak, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Damien Duff, Joe Cole and Michael Owen have all been relegated and have gone on to win the title. A few them picked up Champions League medals too.

You're clearly not a fan of the club and are an Under fan. He didn't fit here, get over it.

• Like 4

On 02/02/2022 at 11:48, EnderbyFox said:

Paddy Kisnorbo joint favourite for the Sunderland job 

Saw that his name was linked done a good job at Melbourne from what I have read.

wiki also describes him as a fans favourite here, was that the case? Solid CB terrible DM

5 hours ago, teblin said:

Saw that his name was linked done a good job at Melbourne from what I have read.

wiki also describes him as a fans favourite here, was that the case? Solid CB terrible DM

I think he became a fans favourite when he was moved to centre half from what I remember.

”He used to be shite, but now he’s alright - Kisnorbo, oohhhh woooo ohhhh”

• Like 3

5 hours ago, teblin said:

The 2006 Daniel Amartey 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 05/02/2022 at 00:53, jayfox26 said:

Mate, it's not even worth arguing with this guy. Every single post from him is utter horse shit! 

I learnt that lesson a while ago. Fairly sure he's just a wind up merchant. Worse bit is he's not even amusing.

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He was trending on Twitter due to how shit he was.

Reading fans will be putting him at the top of their victims list like I did in 2012 ;) 

Such a bad move away from Leicester. He had it all here and really cost him moving. 

I feel bad for him

• Like 2

Jozsef Keaveny: From injury hell at Leicester to the Cambodian top tier

I don't remember this guy but he's had a very disruptive and disappointing time but seems to have come out the other side. Interesting comments about some of our coaches from his time here.

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/jozsef-keaveny-leicester-city-injury-cambodia-angkor-tiger-ireland/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-danny-simpson-pearson-6763461

Bristol City confirm ex-Leicester defender has left the club after Pearson's bullish comments
The veteran right-back was told he has no future at Ashton Gate after making just two league starts

ByRichard Forrester
09:36, 7 MAR 2022

Bristol City have confirmed Danny Simpson has left the club by mutual consent having fallen out of favour under Nigel Pearson.

The veteran right-back joined Ashton Gate just shy of a year ago on a free transfer but he has been limited to just two Championship starts this season with his last appearance coming in the 3-0 defeat to West Brom last October.

Manager Pearson remained bullish on Simpson's future both on Thursday and Saturday after making it clear he has no future at the club. The response came after he was quizzed whether the player could play a part to help solve ongoing issues in the right wing-back position which has been an ongoing problem for the manager.

Following the 2-1 defeat at home to Birmingham, Pearson responded on Simpson: "I'm not considering him. I’m looking at who’s going to be here next year. I don’t intend on making short-term decisions for us at the moment."

On Thursday, during his press conference, he said: "Danny has had a frustrating season on a personal level for him, it’s life."

The club then announced this morning that Simpson will now "explore options away from BS3" after revealing his departure.

A full statement posted on the club's official site read: "Danny Simpson has left City after his contract was ended by mutual agreement.

"Simpson joined the Robins 12 months ago having won promotion from the Championship on three occasions with Sunderland, Newcastle United and QPR as well as a Premier League winners’ medal with Leicester City.

"Injury restricted him to four appearances in the 2020/21 season and he has made a further four this season. The club wishes Danny well for the future as he explores options away from BS3."

Simpson was Pearson’s first signing as City manager after joining on a short-term deal in March last year, with the motive being the full-back’s vast experience could help in mentoring the young talent coming through at Ashton Gate.

After agreeing a one-year contract last summer, the Premier League title winner started the season in competition with Zak Vyner for the right-back berth but after George Tanner’s arrival at the end of August he slowly slipped down the pecking order.

That performance at West Brom proved his nadir as a woeful backpass was picked off by Karlan Grant to seal a comprehensive victory for the Baggies and since that night he’s appeared in just seven matchday squads without making an appearance.

• Like 1

On 16/02/2022 at 19:05, foxile5 said:

Such a bad move away from Leicester. He had it all here and really cost him moving.

On 16/02/2022 at 19:32, kingfox said:

Think it shows how much Pearson did for him. Reading fans assessment of him is just brutal.

For such a “complicated guy”, to use Pearson’s phrase, a simple look at his club history is all it takes to describe his entire career path.

1212829526_DDcareer.JPG.a9a28f58761e4cabd2f8335b8ebf6524.JPG

I took pelters when I wrote he was utterly done at the top level (after watching a few of his rare Chelsea appearances).  But he had checked out; it was painfully obvious even then.  Talent and skill are not enough, especially where coming back from injuries is concerned.

• Like 3