Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

10 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Watching MLS match on Sky , Charlotte vs NewEngland and our immortal Christian Fuchs still has a magic left foot . 

Charlotte have lost first 3 matches but are leading this 3- 1 with about 15 mins to go 

I wish he'd come back and do some coaching - and psychology -  on our current squad. He was a very important factor in our 15/16 season.

• Like 3

On 01/02/2022 at 17:26, BKLFox said:

See Tom Ince went in the other direction which got me looking into his career as he was dubbed to be the next big thing & weren't we linked with him but he went Derby or Hull?
Well turns out he's had a very meh career not a single club to shout about really & only stayed around at a club for 1-2yrs before moving on, also turned down Monaco, Inter & Liverpool when Rodgers was there.

...we were pushing hard to get him (Ince)!!!

A lot if hype about him and he had no interest in coming here, irrespective the supposed bids we made for him.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2022 at 15:04, KingsX said:

For such a “complicated guy”, to use Pearson’s phrase, a simple look at his club history is all it takes to describe his entire career path.

1212829526_DDcareer.JPG.a9a28f58761e4cabd2f8335b8ebf6524.JPG

I took pelters when I wrote he was utterly done at the top level (after watching a few of his rare Chelsea appearances).  But he had checked out; it was painfully obvious even then.  Talent and skill are not enough, especially where coming back from injuries is concerned.

It must also be hard to readjust your mindset into wanting it as much. We can kid ourselves that being paid x amount means you should always put in 100% but the following season to the title win we all seen just what happens when the same players just don't have the same hunger.

Honestly think he'd have been better odd retiring a couple of years ago and protecting his mental health if nothing else.

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Wellens off to a great start at Orient, 8 points from 4 games and six goals in the last two. Just about safe now.

He'll be sacked by Christmas, he hasn't had the greatest of track records in the long run. 

On 18/03/2022 at 19:55, st albans fox said:

Andy Lochhead has passed at the age of 81 

proper hard man……….

Remember him well...probably the toughest player i've seen play...then became a match day guest host at Villa,so he must have had a nice side too! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/03/2022 at 20:15, sacreblueits442 said:

...we were pushing hard to get him (Ince)!!!

A lot if hype about him and he had no interest in coming here, irrespective the supposed bids we made for him.

he absolutely rinsed us in a youth semi final, him and some blonde lad up front. one of the few youth games i attended. we got pumped like 6-1 iirc and we'd been on a big win streak. 

• Like 1

I'm no fan of Mahrez the human being but **** me...he's so good isn't he? 

I'm honestly baffled it's the same bloke I saw coming off the bench in the championship who looked way too lightweight and tentative to be a major player. 

His development at us was insane but he's managed to go up another gear at Manchester City. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Coaching staff addition?

He's been a bit of a twat by all accounts but something about his attachment to Leicester is endearing. 

He seems settled with us and it should be viewed as a real credit that we've provided a ballast for him.