Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

5 hours ago, Manini said:

Feel like this is best posted here as in the main it Involves an ex player. 

Had a really mad experience tonight - I’m in Halkidiki at the minute, me and the mrs went to a bar after dinner, one of the waiters was a young Greek lad called Ben, he asked where we were from, we said England and he asked me who I supported.

I said Leicester. He tells me he’s United (shock), but “I have a strong love for the fox..you know why? Vardy!” I got very excited, he actually looked a bit like Vardy so we had a bit of banter about that. 

Next thing I know, after Ben has walked off, another of the waiters walks over and goes - “my team in Greece is Aris Thessaloniki, you know Yohan Benalouane yes?” and we get on to a full blown conversation about Yohan - “he love a yellow card only!” I was absolutely astounded and it was was one of the funniest conversations I’ve ever had. I showed them both the video of him smashing Warnock at Burton in pre season and they were in hysterics.  

When I’d paid and was leaving they both came over to me and said “may we call you James?James Vardy is the best striker of the premier league” - just surreal, Vardy is an absolute superstar and I don’t think we appreciate how well known and appreciated he is across Europe. 

My parting line was have you heard of Nottingham Forest?….

”I don’t know this what is it, Notting-Ham?” 

Goodnight, god bless. 

Bet the Mrs enjoyed that conversation lol 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I'm really torn on Drinky. Loved him.as a player and feel he was under appreciated by many Leicester fans. As a bloke he seems quite self destructive from what I've seen and heard. Glad he's spoken out about his struggles and seemed help. Hopefully he finds a new club and it just clicks. 

I'd still prefer him to Harry Winks

• Like 1

Released Swansea City goalkeeper Ben Hamer has been seen training with the Brighton & Hove Albion first team - sparking theories he has joined the Seagulls (SussexLive)

• Haha 1