Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

7 minutes ago, Incognito said:

Worryingly though, Kitson has had them done in middle age 😳 

His tats don't look that bad. Nowt wrong with the needlework, they just aren't to my taste.

I've got quite a few tattoos, but not like that.

He's a 51 year old bloke, looks in good shape to be fair to him.

Probably had a couple too many on holiday, that's all. Plus we probably haven't seen him for about 15 years!

As ex footballers go, he looks alright. Not on the Alan Brazil scale!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

His tats don't look that bad. Nowt wrong with the needlework, they just aren't to my taste.

I've got quite a few tattoos, but not like that.

He's a 51 year old bloke, looks in good shape to be fair to him.

Probably had a couple too many on holiday, that's all. Plus we probably haven't seen him for about 15 years!

As ex footballers go, he looks alright. Not on the Alan Brazil scale!

I actually struggle to believe Alan Brazil was ever a footballer

• Haha 3

Just gone onto that bird's twitter. She's a nutter. Quite a good read, for allnthe wrong reasons.

. Something very alan partridge about her, with lots of paranoid barbed comments at 'the haters' and seemingly imagined campaign of online abuse orchestrated by Mel Morris! 

Edited by Paninistickers
An assault on the naysayers
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

A cautionary warning for Madders; how tatts that look great at 25 don't have the same vibe in middle age!

I recall an age in which Andy Feeley was required to conceal his forearm dragon, when tats were the preserve of mariners, soldiers, navvys, rock stars and a sleeve was something unique to Nikki Sixx or Tommy Lee as opposed to an obligatory accessory for all manner of hipsters, chavs and clueless footie players :facepalm:. If you really want to stand out or be independent, don't have one. How much is laser surgery these days? :hamza:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Just gone onto that bird's twitter. She's a nutter. Quite a good read, for allnthe wrong reasons.

. Something very alan partridge about her, with lots of paranoid barbed comments at 'the haters' and seemingly imagined campaign of online abuse orchestrated by Mel Morris! 

Truly is incredible 

Just now, Line-X said:

I recall an age in which Andy Feeley was required to conceal his forearm dragon, when tats were the preserve of mariners, soldiers, navvys, rock stars and a sleeve was something unique to Nikki Sixx or Tommy Lee as opposed to an obligatory accessory for all manner of hipsters, chavs and clueless footie players :facepalm:. If you really want to stand out or be independent, don't have one. How much is laser surgery these days? :hamza:

I'm pretty sure Stuart Pearce used to have to cover his up too.

Leicester City old boy preparing for staggering 35th season aged 50
Latest Leicester City news from LeicestershireLive as former Foxes striker Barry Hayles gears up for his 35th season as a player

ByLuke PawleyMidlands Football Writer
09:08, 19 JUL 2022

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-old-boy-preparing-7349838

Former Leicester City striker Barry Hayles is gearing up for a sensational 35th season as a player.

Hayles, who played for City from December 2007 until May 2009, is now 50 years old and has played for 15 different clubs in his career. That could soon become 16 after he turned out for Combined Counties side Windsor in a pre-season friendly.

The forward has already joined the club's coaching staff and is in talks over continuing his playing career with the club, according to the Daily Star. Hayles started out at Willesden Hawkeye in 1989 before making his way up the leagues in the decades that followed.

He signed for Leicester from Plymouth Argyle in December 2007 on an initial emergency loan which became permanent on January 2, 2008 for a fee of £150,000. Hayles made 18 appearances in the Championship and 10 in League One for the club before joining Cheltenham Town in 2009. After that, he slipped down into non-league and has been there ever since

It was former City boss Ian Holloway who signed Hayles from his former club and Hayles is remembered for the physicality he brought to the front line. The striker has now made over 1000 appearances in his career and is showing no sign of slowing down.

It is said that he was looking in good shape for Windsor over the weekend after spending the last three seasons at Isthmian League Premier Division side Merstham.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

"Hayles is remembered for the physicality he brought to the front line" ****ing hell. He's remembered for one of the freakiest finishes I've ever seen late on v Warnock's Palace on our pig sty of a pitch and for having a decent chant. He was bloody crap lol

I have to disagree...

The chant was/is bloody crap as well!

• Haha 1