Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

On 26/04/2022 at 22:16, Cardiff_Fox said:

Barry Hayles left Isthmian League club Merstham as assistant manager. Managed 5 appearances off the bench this last season though!

A belated correction, if I may....

Hayles also made 11 starts last season - all in the same match, of course. :yesyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Inler is now 38 and still playing football! Albeit in turkey but still

Right player, wrong time... Alongside a whole host of similar players we've had (Kramaric, Ibora, Silva)

Conor Tee joins
First Team News Latest News Southern League News 1 min ago 1View
AFC Rushden & Diamonds are delighted to confirm the signing of attacking midfielder Conor Tee. A former Leicester City youth product, he was Leicester’s Under 18’s Player of the Year in 2018 where he spent a great deal of time training with their First Team, training alongside the likes of Jamie Vardy and James Maddison.

A former Republic of Ireland Under 18 international, since leaving the Foxes he has played for Brackley Town in National League North and later South Shields in the Northern Premier Division.

This summer he has been on trial at Northampton Town and Brackley Town, featuring against the Diamonds for Brackley in our 1-1 draw at Hayden Road in preseason.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/schmeichel-nice-debut-leicester-transfer-7466238

Kasper Schmeichel’s career away from Leicester City has officially begun, the Dane starting life at Nice with a draw.

The City icon left the King Power Stadium for the French side this summer and made his Ligue 1 debut on Sunday, having been a substitute for their first match of the season the previous week. The dream start of a win and a clean sheet escaped him though, his new club drawing 1-1 at home to Strasbourg.

Schmeichel looked to be guiding Nice to victory as he made a string of good saves, including an instinctive stop down low to his right just after half-time. But Kevin Gameiro lobbed him to bring Strasbourg level and deny him a debut win.

Speaking after the game, Schmeichel said: “It was a great reception, in a fantastic atmosphere. The result is not what I hoped for, but we played well in the first half. In the second half we know we have to be better.

“That's my job (making saves), that's what I have to do. A goalkeeper has to provide a base for the team to win the game. I was pretty good at that today, but not good enough.

“Whatever goal you concede, whether it's in training or in a match, you're always angry. It's done, we're moving on.”

Next up for Schmeichel is a potential European debut for Nice this week. They head to Maccabi Tel Aviv for the first leg of their Europa Conference League play-off.

The 35-year-old said: “Yes, it's exciting. European football is what every team wants to experience. We are no different, we want to reach the group stage and go far in the competition. It will be tough, but we are ready.”

Elsewhere, Ademola Lookman marked his Atalanta debut with a goal. Last season’s loanee, who Brendan Rodgers has admitted he wanted to sign, joined the Italian side in a £15m deal at the end of July, linking up with former City head of recruitment Lee Congerton.

Lookman put the seal on an opening-day victory for his new club as the Serie A season kicked off at the weekend. He came off the bench for the final 25 minutes against Sampdoria, and scored on the break in the fifth minute of injury time to wrap up a 2-0 win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/schmeichel-nice-debut-leicester-transfer-7466238

Kasper Schmeichel’s career away from Leicester City has officially begun, the Dane starting life at Nice with a draw.

The City icon left the King Power Stadium for the French side this summer and made his Ligue 1 debut on Sunday, having been a substitute for their first match of the season the previous week. The dream start of a win and a clean sheet escaped him though, his new club drawing 1-1 at home to Strasbourg.

Schmeichel looked to be guiding Nice to victory as he made a string of good saves, including an instinctive stop down low to his right just after half-time. But Kevin Gameiro lobbed him to bring Strasbourg level and deny him a debut win.

Speaking after the game, Schmeichel said: “It was a great reception, in a fantastic atmosphere. The result is not what I hoped for, but we played well in the first half. In the second half we know we have to be better.

“That's my job (making saves), that's what I have to do. A goalkeeper has to provide a base for the team to win the game. I was pretty good at that today, but not good enough.

“Whatever goal you concede, whether it's in training or in a match, you're always angry. It's done, we're moving on.”

Next up for Schmeichel is a potential European debut for Nice this week. They head to Maccabi Tel Aviv for the first leg of their Europa Conference League play-off.

The 35-year-old said: “Yes, it's exciting. European football is what every team wants to experience. We are no different, we want to reach the group stage and go far in the competition. It will be tough, but we are ready.”

Elsewhere, Ademola Lookman marked his Atalanta debut with a goal. Last season’s loanee, who Brendan Rodgers has admitted he wanted to sign, joined the Italian side in a £15m deal at the end of July, linking up with former City head of recruitment Lee Congerton.

Lookman put the seal on an opening-day victory for his new club as the Serie A season kicked off at the weekend. He came off the bench for the final 25 minutes against Sampdoria, and scored on the break in the fifth minute of injury time to wrap up a 2-0 win.

Didn't he want to leave for Champions League football apparently?