Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nice fans aren't very happy with Kasper, currently 3-0 down vs Marseille and not even half time

1st goal https://clip.dubz.co/v/1x96f1

2nd goal https://streamja.com/K5k5v

3rd goal https://streamja.com/11v1e

No idea what he is doing for the first goal, he shouldn't have been beaten at his near post for the second.

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nice fans aren't very happy with Kasper, currently 3-0 down vs Marseille and not even half time

1st goal https://clip.dubz.co/v/1x96f1

2nd goal https://streamja.com/K5k5v

3rd goal https://streamja.com/11v1e

Nice to see his kept the habit of blaming everyone else. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/callum-wright-leicester-city-blackpool-24916983

'Exciting lad' - Blackpool's permanent arrival from Leicester City gets promising verdict
The Seasiders made a late addition on deadline day from the Premier League

BySean McginlayBlackpool FC Writer
07:00, 3 SEP 2022

Michael Appleton is excited by the potential of new arrival Callum Wright.

The Seasiders signed the Leicester City midfielder on a three-year deal with a year's option for an undisclosed fee with the 22-year-old having impressed during consecutive loan spells with Cheltenham Town. A late arrival on deadline day, Wright brings added firepower to the central midfield options, something Appleton was keen to address throughout the transfer window.

Whilst, one or two further free agent additions could arrive in the door in the coming days and weeks, with one particularly close according to the Head Coach, Wright will remain one of the standout pieces of business for the Seasiders over the summer. Keen to make a quick impression and a player who could potentially start from the off against Huddersfield, Appleton outlined what sort of player Blackpool fans can expect.

"A very attack-minded player, he can play right across the four, seven, eleven but predominantly as an eight or a ten. Exciting lad, he's ready for the challenge ahead of him, I remember taking him at Leicester and he was one of those where at that time he was always a potential player.

"We took three or four in at that point and I think the loan spell he had last year in League One, I think he scored nine goals, he got five assists and he was outstanding for Cheltenham. He played very well against my previous side Lincoln when I came up against him, I kept an eye on him at the time there.

"I just think and I think we as a football club think he's someone who, over the next two or three years, could potentially kick on. He's grown a little bit, I met him again last night and I'm really excited about the move.

Blackpool have been short in central midfield in recent times through a combination of suspension and injuries, forcing Appleton to alter his approach somewhat playing a 4-4-2 rather than the 4-3-3 system he is keen to implement. With Wright available for selection on Sunday and Sonny Carey serving the final game of his three-match suspension, central midfield options could soon become more prominent once more.

"He does and it's important because, as you know, we're a little bit light in there but having said that obviously Sonny's back after the weekend, obviously Callum comes into the frame for Saturday, all of a sudden it's starting to look a little bit healthier," Appleton added.

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-transfer-schmeichel-fofana-wright-7571766?fbclid=IwAR2VdaFSHmdqgOJ3kfcA9K3VojkQ9TsJQ6MUB6q0jhp3abA-qb1g30fnQYc

Wesley Fofana

Two games after his £70m move and Wesley Fofana’s manager has been sacked. But while Thomas Tuchel has gone, Graham Potter’s preference for a back three should not result in Fofana having to play second fiddle to Thiago Silva and Kalidou Koulibaly.

So it’s not all bad news for the Frenchman, albeit he would like to have made a better start. His debut ended in victory over West Ham, though it was far from a vintage Chelsea performance, as they required a controversial VAR call to get over the line. And then in his Champions League debut, he was outpaced by Miroslav Orsic for Dinamo Zagreb’s winner, receiving criticism from the pundits at the match for his positioning.

Callum Wright

After a quiet transfer window in which City made just one outfield signing, there had been hopes among some supporters that it might mean the club gave Callum Wright a chance. He would be a wildcard option, but he had done well on loan in League One and had impressed in his pre-season outings.

So for those supporters, it was a blow on deadline-day night when it was announced that Wright had been sold to Championship side Blackpool. Having only just joined the Seasiders, he has not yet played a first-team game, but did feature for their development squad in a Central League Cup win over Accrington Stanley in midweek. He is a player that Blackpool see a bright future for.

Their manager Michael Appleton was City’s assistant boss under Craig Shakespeare and Claude Puel and so knew of Wright already. He said: “He’s an exciting lad who is ready for the challenge ahead of him. As a football club we feel over the next two or three years he could potentially really kick on.”

Eldin Jakupovic

A member of City’s goalkeeping unit for the past five years, veteran shot-stopper Eldin Jakupovic was released in the summer at the end of his contract. So far, he remains without a club.

He had his eye on a move to the US when his City exit was announced in June, but no move has yet materialised. But there is always the possibility he will be picked up as a free agent should a club suffer an injury to any of their current group of goalkeepers.

Vontae Daley-Campbell

Vontae Daley-Campbell was able to make three first-team appearances for City because he had the physicality to cope with the senior game. Where there were question marks was how he used that physicality sometimes.

For both the development squad and during his loan spell with Dundee, the right-back was sent off for reckless tackles. So it was perhaps not a surprise when on his Cardiff debut, he received a straight red card for a desperate lunge.

Those 89 minutes in a 3-0 Carabao Cup defeat to Portsmouth remain his only game-time since being picked up by the Bluebirds. He has not even made the bench for any of their Championship fixtures.

Tyrese Shade

Winger Tyrese Shade impressed enough on loan at Walsall last season that he was picked up by a League Two rival in Swindon after his release by City. He’s been a regular for the Robins this term.

He’s started four of their seven League Two fixtures so far, but been used as a substitute in all of the others, and has been credited for a run of decent performances. He’s yet to get off the mark though as Swindon look to improve on a start in which they’ve won once and lost once, drawing five games.

Jake Wakeling

Joining Shade at Swindon was fellow released City attacker Jake Wakeling. Picked up from non-league, Wakeling spent two seasons contracted at City, with the second half of the latter at those on loan at Barrow in League Two.

Despite that loan not working out, with Wakeling calling it the “most challenging” season of his career, he has made a fantastic start with the Robins. After seven appearances, the striker already has two goals and two assists to his name, meaning he has been involved in four of the six goals Swindon have scored.

• Thanks 1

I know its a 'poorer' or 'lesser' league and admittedly i'm going off 1 performance tonight but Under looks quality for Marseille.

Criminally under used* when we were totally useless didn't even attempt to try something different and frozen out....rare under* Rodgers I know.

*Pun's not intended.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1